U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 06:35 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,952,882 times

Advertisements

That's what Adam Schein thinks anyway...

Super Bowl XLVIII prediction: Atlanta Falcons-Houston Texans - NFL.com

It will be interesting to see all the rest of the preseason predictions for this season. I put about as much stock into predictions as I do preseason records (if Atlanta loses to Jacksonville tonight they'll be 0-4 in the preseason for the 2nd straight year) but it's always nice to see your team get a little love by the media.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 11:33 PM

6,534 posts, read 4,486,193 times
San Francisco beat them in Atlanta, Seattle should have beaten them in Atlanta the previous week, both are better/as good this year as last year. Green Bay. That's 3 teams right there. The Saints will obviously be a lot better then the train wreck they were last year. As a neutral observer (Ravens/Texans fan) I say they win the NFC South, finish 3rd in the NFC, lose to Seattle in the divisional round.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:22 AM

We'll have to revisit this thread in January... Which is pretty much the reason I posted it.

I can agree with what was said about the Falcons winning the top seed again... Due to the fact I don't expect the NFC West winner to have enough wins after beating each other up all season.

Seattle has 5 road games with a 10am PST start. I don't even think they beat out SF for the division. Their offense doesn't scare me either.

I don't deny the fact SF beat the Falcons in Atlanta. Seattle didn't... Even though both games the Falcons fell apart defensively after getting the big lead. Both games "should have" been Atlanta blowouts... and Atlanta DOES match up quite well with SF and Seattle. Neither team scares me. Atlanta plays both this season so we won't have any pre-playoff speculation on who is the best team.

For the love of god though can we please stop talking about the Saints... Sean Payton may be back but so is that defense that gave up how many yards?

This isn't where I say Atlanta makes the Super Bowl. You said SF and Seattle got better. Didn't Atlanta too? They brought back the same offense... Added Steven Jackson... Went defense in draft... Added Osi Umenyora.... In no way did they regress.

It's time for football!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:54 PM

Here's some more predictions...

Super Bowl, Final Four predictions: Packers in front - NFL.com

Packers, Patriots and Seahawks fans rejoice! LOL

Old 08-30-2013, 01:04 PM

21,319 posts, read 21,867,229 times
hooray, these idiots (present company excepted) are more wrong than they're right

Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,971,136 times
I had a dream that the Texans beat the Donkeys to advance to the Super Bowl against the 49ers
But I did not dream who won

I'd pick the winners of each division
Hartriots
Texans
Bengals
Donkeys

Redskins
Packers
Falcons
49ers

Wild Cards Colts Chargers

Seahawks Giants

But then again it is just a dream

Old 08-30-2013, 02:51 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,540,543 times
All these early predictions are a hoot! I'm tired of the 49ers, Seahawks hype and the 1st game hasn't been played yet. All this talk about preseason games, some teams were great, against what players? Veterans or the new kids?

Of course, being a fan, I think the Packers can win the division, after that I'm not guessing, not a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or