Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better QB?
Brady 38 48.72%
Manning 40 51.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:15 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Also keep in mind that 2 out of Brady's 3 Super Bowl wins came off Adam Vinatieri's foot, and not Tom Brady's arm.
Didn't Brady have to get them in a position for the kick? I'm no fan of Brady's...I'm a Raven's fan.I think they both are clutch players. If they were playing the Ravens and had the ball in the last 2 minutes....they both would scare me. But if I was forced to choose one...I think I would take Brady. Though Manning seems more like a class act to me. Brady is always crying to the officials about a late hit or interference. But Brady just seems to come through more with the game on the line, throws a better ball, moves a little better in the pocket, and is more efficient in bad weather.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:23 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coverme77 View Post
Manning has played in a dome his whole career minus the past two seasons. What kid of stats do you think Brady would have put up in a dome his whole career? What kind of stats do you think Brady would have if he had edgerin James, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, etc? Give me one hall of fame receiver Brady has had for more than two seasons? Welker? Eh maybe and he's a possession receiver. Manning record in temps below 32 degrees is abysmal. Manning propensity to choke in the big game is also very high. Take a look at their career post season records and get back to me... I never understand why people will take the great regular season eye pooping numbers and amazing regular season records overs playoff wins and a Super Bowl, makes no sense at all.
You nailed it! I can't believe the stuff I''m reading here, and i acknowledge Manning is a GREAT QB.

Some are mere mortals (Manning) while Brady is Immortal!

Old 12-03-2013, 01:28 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Both are great QBs, and I'd bet the question of which is better will go on for decades. One indicator would be what happens to the team when one of them goes down.

2008: Brady injures a knee in the first game and is out for the season. Matt Cassell, a backup who had never so much as started a game in college, led the Pats to an 11-5 record. That would indicate Brady had a strong team surrounding him.

2011: Manning misses the season due to a neck injury. Colts go 2-14. That indicates that Manning had been able to make a weak team appear pretty good.

Obviously, neither prove who is the best QB. Nothing will prove that. All we have are indicators, and in this case, Manning appears to have made a bigger impact on his team.

5 superbowl appearances, three wins
2 superbowl appearances, one win
one can play only indoors, one can play in any weather
one had HOF receivers like Wayne and Harrison, and a PB running back, one had one HOF receiver for a couple of years after his prime and a revolving stable of RBs

Old 12-03-2013, 01:57 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
5 superbowl appearances, three wins
2 superbowl appearances, one win
one can play only indoors, one can play in any weather
one had HOF receivers like Wayne and Harrison, and a PB running back, one had one HOF receiver for a couple of years after his prime and a revolving stable of RBs
SB appearances are not the be all end all. Football is a team sport more than any other. The game is full of great players that never went to a SB and average players who played in several.

The both have had very good OLs. Manning has had better receivers but Brady has had better defenses.Dont underestimate the impact a defense has for it's offense. It gets you the ball back quicker which can wear down the opposing D, it gives you better field position, gives you more chances to score, etc.

But I would still take Crybrady by the slimmest of margins. He has shown he can do it in all types of weather. Though they Both have lost more than once on the biggest stage.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:13 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
This stupid thread is still going? It is a TEAM game.

I HATE when people insist on comparing two players at any position in the 'ultimate' team game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 AM

513 posts, read 695,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post

I HATE when people insist on comparing two players at any position in the 'ultimate' team game.

Then go away.

Because it is a team game players cannot be judged individually?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:28 AM

This is been hammered to death.

And, unfortunately, will continue to be...

There is nothing new to discuss on this now--that is my point.

The NFL doesn't revolve around two players no matter how good they may be...neither has won a Superbowl in years now anyway.

Besides, you didn't want a discussion in the first place--you just wanted people to say Brady was best.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:09 AM

513 posts, read 695,345 times
It is a debate that will go on for ages. Get use to it.

No one said the NFL "revolves" around 2 players. Would you be upset if I asked who is the best wr with two options?

Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,403,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post

Yes it is a team game to a point but, for example, when Rodgers went down, Green Bay hasn't won a single game since.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
It is a debate that will go on for ages. Get use to it.

No one said the NFL "revolves" around 2 players. Would you be upset if I asked who is the best wr with two options?
Yes, if it went on ad nauseum. This can be given a rest.

There's nothing new here, give it a rest...

Right now, it would be fun to debate anything else. In a little more than a month, the playoffs will start, and there will be something new for this debate.

As for Rogers, true. But Green Bay really should take a close examination at what is wrong with that defense, it is horrible.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football