U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 AM

10,674 posts, read 11,081,079 times

Advertisements

Another week is in the books! These week we saw 2 of the 7 undefeated teams fall, leaving the Seahawks and Saints in the NFC and the Patriots, Chiefs, and Broncos in the AFC. Meanwhile, the Jags, Bucs, Steelers, and Giants still remain "defeated."

This week we have 14 games with the Vikings, Steelers, Bucs, and Redskins sitting out.

The week 5 slate:

Browns vs Bills

Bears vs Saints

Bengals vs Patriots

Packers vs Lions

Titans vs Chiefs

Colts vs Seahawks

Rams vs Jaguars

Dolphins vs Ravens

Giants vs Eagles

Cardinals vs Panthers

Cowboys vs Broncos

49ers vs Texans

Raiders vs Chargers

Falcons vs Jets

The Chargers and Raiders are playing in the Sunday Night slot alongside the 49ers and Texans to avoid conflict with the MLB playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 05:19 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,877,253 times
Bills @ Browns

Patriots @ Bengals
Lions @ Packers
Seahawks @ Colts
Ravens @ Dolphins
Saints @ Bears
Eagles at Giants
Chiefs @ Titans
Jaguars @ Rams

Panthers @ Cardinals
Broncos @ Cowboys

Texans @ 49ers

Chargers @ Raiders

Jets @ Falcons

WEEK 4......9 - 6
SEASON....39-24 --- ("THE SYSTEM" 23 - 8)

Old 10-01-2013, 05:39 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,188 times
Browns vs Bills
Bears vs Saints
Bengals vs Patriots
Packers vs Lions
Titans vs Chiefs
Colts vs Seahawks
Rams vs Jaguars
Dolphins vs Ravens
Giants vs Eagles
Cardinals vs Panthers
Cowboys vs Broncos
49ers vs Texans
Raiders vs Chargers
Falcons vs Jets

last week: 9-6
overall: 38-25

Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,173,498 times
Browns vs Bills
Bears vs Saints
Bengals vs Patriots
Packers vs Lions
Titans vs Chiefs
Colts vs Seahawks
Rams vs Jaguars
Dolphins vs Ravens
Giants vs Eagles
Cardinals vs Panthers
Cowboys vs Broncos
49ers vs Texans
Raiders vs Chargers
Falcons vs Jets

Week 4 = 10-5
Overall = 39-24

Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,188 times
Calico, you copying my picks??? cept for your Eagles?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:57 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Browns vs Bills
Bears vs Saints
Bengals vs Patriots
Packers vs Lions
Titans vs Chiefs
Colts vs Seahawks
Rams vs Jaguars
Dolphins vs Ravens
Giants vs Eagles
Cardinals vs Panthers
Cowboys vs Broncos
49ers vs Texans
Raiders vs Chargers
Falcons vs Jets

9-6, and 34-29 overall, not so hot!

Packers, those hamstrings! Morgan Burnett should be back, McCarthy going with 4 WRs, hope Finley (TE) is back, too!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:11 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,072,115 times
Browns vs Bills... Browns... This game will be close, but Cleveland prevails in a defensive battle in this rust belt classic.

Bears vs Saints... Saints... Bears suffer second loss in a row as the Saints continue to roll.

Bengals vs Patriots... Patriots... Tom Brady finds a way.

Packers vs Lions... Packers... The Pack wins this in a shoot out.

Titans vs Chiefs...Chiefs... Looks like Kansas City is the real deal. Titans are improved, but Chiefs are better.

Colts vs Seahawks... Colts... Should be close, but Colts win at home.

Rams vs Jaguars... Rams... If this game should happen to be on in my region I think that I'd rather take a nap. Hey Jacksonville... Tebow is available.

Dolphins vs Ravens... Ravens... I just can't see Baltimore losing 2 in a row.

Giants vs Eagles... Giants.... Big Blue gets their first win.

Cardinals vs Panthers... Cardinals... Panthers lose a tough one in "The Valley Of The Sun."

Cowboys vs Broncos...Broncos...Yeah any given Sunday and all, the Cowboys are at home, and in first place in the NFC East, but I just can't see them beating Peyton Manning and the Broncos.

49ers vs Texans... 49ers... The Texans started out with a promising outlook, but appear to be taking a step backwards.

Raiders vs Chargers...Chargers... The Bolts should win easily.

Falcons vs Jets... Falcons... The Dirty Birds should rebound after loss to Patriots to beat the Jets in a much needed win to keep pace with the Saints in the NFC South.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 AM

10,674 posts, read 11,081,079 times
Here are my picks for the week:

Browns vs Bills: Browns. The Bills are better than I expected, but I think there is something brewing in Cleveland right now.

Bears vs Saints: Saints. The Bears at home will not be an easy out, especially coming off a loss. But this Saints team is playing too well right now, most surprisingly on defense.

Bengals vs Patriots: Patriots. Who do you trust more, Brady and his group of B-list receivers or Dalton and his A-list group? I know who I trust more.

Packers vs Lions: Packers. At home and coming off a bye, I like the Packers. If you are a gambler, take the over in this one!

Titans vs Chiefs: Chiefs. Titans lose Locker for at least 4 weeks. Tough break for a player looking to have a "coming of age" season. The Titans defense will keep them in this one, but I don't foresee their offense being able to have consistent success against the Chiefs defense. Chiefs in a low-scoring squeaker.

Colts vs Seahawks: Colts. I hate picking against the Seahawks two weeks in a row, but I legitimately believe the Colts are a better team than the Texans and less likely to fall apart the way the Texans did. Meanwhile it is a hard thing to win back to back road games for most teams. The Seahawks may not be "most teams" but they have a tough opponent on the other sideline.

Rams vs Jaguars: Rams. The jags showed improvement last week: they led the Colts 3-0 for a short period in the game before getting plowed 37-3. That 3 point lead was the greatest advantage they've held all season. Baby steps.

Dolphins vs Ravens: Ravens. Both are coming off disappointing losses, but the Ravens are the more experienced team. It is reasonable to expect them to rebound better than the Dolphins, even in their second consecutive road game.

Giants vs Eagles: Giants. They aren't going to be winless forever. Both teams have more questions than answers, but I'll take the Giants proven track record over the Eagles under the Kelly regime.

Cardinals vs Panthers: Cardinals. Tough one to pick. I'm going this way because most who have already picked have gone with the Panthers and this is a shot to make up some ground. If the gamble doesn't pay off...oh well.

Cowboys vs Broncos: Broncos. This game is a favorable matchup for the Broncos, though I do expect the Cowboys offense to pull out all the stops. Defensively the Cowboys do not have the goods to slow the Broncos offense enough to give their offense a shot.

49ers vs Texans: 49ers. They appear to have righted the ship and have had extra time to rest and prepare. The Texans confidence must be shaken after a dismal performance in Baltimore followed by allowing the comeback of the year (so far) against Seattle.

Raiders vs Chargers: Chargers. If you need a reason to not count out the Chargers, look no further than Phil Rivers. He has thrived under new coaching. The Raiders are reeling right now. Chargers make a statement with this one: "don't forget about us!"

Falcons vs Jets: Falcons. Despite the slow start, this is still a better and more disciplined team than the Jets. I just don't see them dropping two in a row at home.

Last week I was 9-6. That brings my total to 37-26.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:08 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,166 times
My guarantee of the week: The Washington Redskins will NOT lose this weekend! Book it!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Good one and I'm sure some R & R will be a good thing for them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football