U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Worst NFL Officiating Calls Ever?
Tuck Rule 8 57.14%
Fail Mary 3 21.43%
Music City Miracle 0 0%
Mike Renfro's Catch 6 42.86%
Bert Emmanuel Catch 1 7.14%
Bottlegate 2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2013, 07:14 PM
 
Location: DMV
10,136 posts, read 11,656,910 times
Reputation: 3181

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I would say the Music City Miracle. Then again, I'm a Bills fan.

Maybe this thread should go in the general sports section since it is not specifically limited to bad calls in pro football.
What was wrong with the music city miracle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2013, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,766 posts, read 2,376,306 times
Reputation: 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Don't forget last season's Fail Mary/Simultaneous Possession call -- Green Bay at Seattle.
I vote for the Fail Mary.
Ravens & Patriots game earlier in the day had a big questionable call with the game winning field goal. Both these fall under replacement refs, so maybe they deserve an *.


Ravens vs Patriots Justin Tucker Game Winning Field Goal 2012 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2013, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,839 posts, read 7,904,721 times
Reputation: 12690
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
What was wrong with the music city miracle?
Easily could have been called a backwards lateral (or illegal forward pass). It came down to where the game was played. If it was in Buffalo, the play would never have stood. But hey, it avoided riots in Nashville that night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,631 posts, read 4,229,357 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Easily could have been called a backwards lateral (or illegal forward pass). It came down to where the game was played. If it was in Buffalo, the play would never have stood. But hey, it avoided riots in Nashville that night.
There would have been NO RIOTs in Nashville? Nashville aint LA..

The ball went almost precisely parallel to the line.. not forwards, not backwards so the refs let the play stand as called.. TD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,839 posts, read 7,904,721 times
Reputation: 12690
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The ball went almost precisely parallel to the line.. not forwards, not backwards so the refs let the play stand as called.. TD
LOL! Like I said, it came down to where the game was played at. For Titan fans, it was the greatest thing ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,631 posts, read 4,229,357 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
LOL! Like I said, it came down to where the game was played at. For Titan fans, it was the greatest thing ever.
I don't think the refs feared for their lives... or Riots in Nashville. The Bills could have made this easy on the refs and made a tackle..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 08:44 AM
 
1,563 posts, read 1,661,842 times
Reputation: 1046
Being a Browns fan we have too many to name. It's bad enough that the team has stunk, the refs repeatedly screwing you makes it that much worse. Hard to pick just one. The "phantom" first down against the Steelers a few years back has to be up there as does "Bottlegate".

The BS helmet to helmet call against Gipson yesterday is up there also. It sucks that Finlay got hurt but it was a clean hit. What is worse is that Gipson will likely be fined too. 100% that if it would have been one of our players hit by a player on a "popular" winning team no call no fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 10,086,672 times
Reputation: 7456
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Being a Browns fan we have too many to name. It's bad enough that the team has stunk, the refs repeatedly screwing you makes it that much worse. Hard to pick just one. The "phantom" first down against the Steelers a few years back has to be up there as does "Bottlegate".

The BS helmet to helmet call against Gipson yesterday is up there also. It sucks that Finlay got hurt but it was a clean hit. What is worse is that Gipson will likely be fined too. 100% that if it would have been one of our players hit by a player on a "popular" winning team no call no fine.

Yes Bottlegate is definitely up there! I believe that game and that call screwed the momemtum that the Browns had that year of grabbing a wild card spot! And yes the call on Gipson yesterday was also bulls***!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,325 posts, read 2,263,977 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I vote for the Fail Mary.
Ravens & Patriots game earlier in the day had a big questionable call with the game winning field goal. Both these fall under replacement refs, so maybe they deserve an *.


Ravens vs Patriots Justin Tucker Game Winning Field Goal 2012 - YouTube
I thought that it was pretty good call which set Bill Belicheck off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,325 posts, read 2,263,977 times
Reputation: 1422
I have to say the 1979 AFC Championship game. Oilers should have one that game. And the holly roller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top