U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst NFL Officiating Calls Ever?
Tuck Rule 8 57.14%
Fail Mary 3 21.43%
Music City Miracle 0 0%
Mike Renfro's Catch 6 42.86%
Bert Emmanuel Catch 1 7.14%
Bottlegate 2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:10 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,264,795 times

Advertisements

Also, the Tuck Rule, Holy Roller, Fail Mary, Bottlegate, 1979 AFC Championship are all major bad calls. And I'm sure there's others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I don't even remember bottlegate in Cleveland
Tuck rule, do you remember that?

TV: CBS
TV Announcers= Greg Gumbel and Phil Simms
Radio announcers= Greg Papa and Tom Flores for the Raiders Radio Network

Also Bert Emmanuel catch.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 02-23-2014 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-23-2014, 03:09 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,345,332 times
So is there majority support for a crew in New York watching and correcting calls? Would the Tuck Rule have been done correctly with this remote oversight?

Old 02-26-2014, 03:17 PM

I would also have to say the game between the Patriots and the Panthers, a Monday night game. At the end, the Patriots were robbed a touchdown because the officials did not see pass interference. I don't know if it was either holding or pass interference. Whatever the case is, Brady was screaming at the officials for the missed call. That is absolutely absurd. I know I don't like the Patriots but you can't make up or miss calls as an official.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 02-26-2014 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Added more info.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:39 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,345,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I would also have to say the game between the Patriots and the Panthers, a Monday night game. At the end, the Patriots were robbed a touchdown because the officials did not see pass interference. I don't know if it was either holding or pass interference. Whatever the case is, Brady was screaming at the officials for the missed call. That is absolutely absurd. I know I don't like the Patriots but you can't make up or miss calls as an official.
Just like Super Bowl 47. I'm sure the league has some sort of rationalization of this sort of thing. But it makes their results suspect if they are dependent on just ignoring fouls selectively.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Just like Super Bowl 47. I'm sure the league has some sort of rationalization of this sort of thing. But it makes their results suspect if they are dependent on just ignoring fouls selectively.
I don't even know if that the league changed the rules which called the officials to miss a call in the Patriots-Panthers monday night game. That was an odd.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:23 PM

To me, I also say the Bert Emmanuel catch. That also has to be awful.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It was great, wasn't it? I ran outside my house running and screaming after it happened. Easily the best sports moment I have witnessed for one of my teams. I think it was clearly a forward pass. I kept looking at it over and over, and the ball went backwards. As a matter of fact, let jog our memory with some analysis along with it.

The Music City Miracle (Including proof of the Lateral Pass) - YouTube
I don't remember the Music City Miracle but I know you were screaming because you were excited because you're a Titans fan. But I don't know if it was a lateral pass or not. Also the Tuck Rule. If you lose the ball, even if your knee was down and even if your arm was coming forward, it is a fumble. There were at least a bunch of angry Raider fans.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The excuse was the "late buzz" and that the ref didn't hear it! Nevertheless, you are correct. Once the ball is snapped you cannot review the previous play. Since the ball was snapped, prior to the call from upstairs, whether Quincy Morgan dropped that ball is irrelevant!
It was pretty violent from the fans too. There were a lot of angry Browns fans throwing bottles of the field. To me I think the Browns should have won that game. I believe it was against the Jaguars.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:03 PM

224 posts, read 218,681 times
The Tuck Rule, and Mike Renfro's disallowed touchdown reception in the 1979 AFC Championship Game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or