Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 05:46 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,280 times

Advertisements

Any interest in this? I need advice from time to time and figured here would be a good place to go for some help. I am envisioning this thread turning into the place where you go Saturday night or Sunday morning and get some advice on who to play/give out advice.

This thread could be a major success if we do it right.

Just in case you like the idea: I have an embarrassment of riches at TE, yet I have played the wrong guy a couple times this year, who would you play this week; Tony Gonzalez vs Tampa Bay or Julius Thomas vs Indy?

(I can contribute with some decent advice too, in my league I am 5-1 and solidly in first place)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,134,620 times
I think Thomas is a must start every week. Just too much potential. And like you said, if you over think it and switch back and forth you are only going to get frustrated when you make the wrong decision.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:01 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,280 times
I am thinking you are right, no doubt the Broncos will figure out how to pass on a cover-2 and wont have to rely completely on Moreno. (Wish I had him on my team this week.)

Old 10-15-2013, 06:39 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,124,133 times
If it's PPR, then Gonzo. If it's not, then JT.

skel started a FF advice thread as well: http://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-f...ll-advice.html

Old 10-18-2013, 02:23 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,008 times
Eli Manning (Home against Vikings) or Nick Foles (Home against Cowboys)?

Currently going with Foles. Hope he can keep his hot start going.

On a side note, my fantasy football strategy has always been to wait till at least the sixth round to take a QB. This year I think I held out longer then ever before, maybe round 9 I think? That is how I ended up with Eli. Almost picked up Rivers off the waiver wire week 3 but decided to pass. Didn't believe in his hot start. Probably should have grabbed him. Picked up Foles this week off the waiver. I had a couple EJ Manuel starts sprinkled in there as well before EJ got hurt.

Team is currently 4-2.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:49 PM

513 posts, read 695,648 times
I'd go thomas. I'm not sure if I should start Gronk this week being his first game back. Davis is my other te, I could put him in the flex, but then I'd have to bench a wr. My receivers are Nelson, v Jackson, gordon, and blackmon

Old 10-18-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

On a side note, my fantasy football strategy has always been to wait till at least the sixth round to take a QB. This year I think I held out longer then ever before, maybe round 9 I think? That is how I ended up with Eli. Almost picked up Rivers off the waiver wire week 3 but decided to pass. Didn't believe in his hot start. Probably should have grabbed him. Picked up Foles this week off the waiver. I had a couple EJ Manuel starts sprinkled in there as well before EJ got hurt.

Team is currently 4-2.
NYG's 8th-ranked passing offense against MIN's 29th passing defense.
PHI's 9th-ranked passing offense against DAL's 30th passing defense.
but Phi's first in rushing and NYG's 30th.

I don't believe Foles' game vs MIN was a true litmus nor do I believe BJacob's 100yd, 2TD game means the Giants have found their running game.

I'd lean Eli this week.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:00 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
Alshon Jeffery vs a horrible Redskins secondary

or

Eric Decker vs Colts

Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Alshon Jeffery vs a horrible Redskins secondary

or

Eric Decker vs Colts
Alshon's targets has ebbed and flowed depending on how much Brandon Marshall whines. Cutler is also a markedly worse Qb away from home.

Decker is on the most prolific offense (in history ... so far) has consistently gotten the targets and catches but not necessarily the TDs plus he's leading the league in drops.

Seems to me that Decker is the low-risk start.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:00 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,134,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

Team is currently 4-2.
I would go with Foles. I don't think it will be even close. Especially if your league penalizes for INTs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football