U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:20 PM

21,334 posts, read 21,906,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
If the NFL wanted to play night football with games starting between 8 and 9 PM, they should do so on nights when people do not have school/work the next day and can stay up and WATCH them. Particularly to grow the next generation of fans with appealing to the kids.
kids don't buy beer, well at least they shouldn't anyways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,788,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
If the NFL wanted to play night football with games starting between 8 and 9 PM, they should do so on nights when people do not have school/work the next day and can stay up and WATCH them. Particularly to grow the next generation of fans with appealing to the kids.
That is what Sunday is for.

Also, you do realize for part of the country the games aren't as late, right?

Old 10-30-2013, 06:03 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,513,668 times
I am in the more football the better camp basically, but I could care less about the games in London (although I do understand the NFL's want to expand), and while most Thursdays I watch, if they did away with them, I wouldn't be upset (especially now that the NBA has started). Keep MNF, though!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Old 10-31-2013, 06:25 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,106,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
That is what Sunday is for.

Also, you do realize for part of the country the games aren't as late, right?
Almost half the US population lives in the eastern time zone.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:59 AM

322 posts, read 445,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
why hate on London ? its no further NY -London than NY-LA ....plus they are getting good crowds...its a precursor to a London NFL franchise when the league expands, Goodell sees the $$$$ that can roll in from Europe. the London crowds are knowledgeable and enthusiastic.........unlike some places
I wouldn't say that I'm hating on London but there are a few logistical areas that should be addressed before an NFL team establishes roots there. NY-London may not be any further than NY-LA but what about S.F. - London or Phoenix - London or Denver - London...etc? I know that this is way off topic, but I would also ask how would a team in London be able to attract the top-notch free agents? I'm sure they could throw a lot of money at the B or C level free agents but a London based team would have a hard time competing with the stateside teams when it comes to the A-listers. A team that can't compete for the high level free agents are destined for mediocrity (best case scenario).

Even if the London team is able to draft better talent than the other teams they'll have to worry about keeping that talent over there when they become free agents. Fans in London may be enthusiastic now, but what happens if their team is mired in mediocrity because of talent issues (see: Buffalo, Jacksonville)?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:00 AM

21,873 posts, read 23,163,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post

And the other half.....doesn't.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:07 PM

8,341 posts, read 14,106,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
And the other half.....doesn't.
Yes, thanks for the helpful tip.

We have one time zone, the eastern time zone, accounting for right about 42% of the population. That means, we have three time zones taking up the rest. That is what you would call disparity.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 10-31-2013 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 07:32 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,788,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Right. And for the other half of the US population the game is not on as late. I'm pretty sure the NFL would prefer people have a shot at being home from work for Thursday and Monday night games.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,150,877 times
The Thursday night NFL game is often the most-watched cable program on that night.

It doesn't matter how many people live in which time zone.

People want more NFL.

It's very simple. This country cannot get enough of the NFL.

As for the OP's assertion that football should only be played on Sundays...why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or