U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:19 PM

10,686 posts, read 11,095,828 times

Advertisements

Last week I went 12-1, but considering most of us did really well, I didn't really gain much ground on some of you who are ahead. I'm 73-47 overall.

Here are my picks for this week:

Bengals @ Dolphins: Bengals. Take heart, Miami. Lebron and the Heat are about to help you all forget about football season. It's clear to me the Dolphins already have.

Chiefs @ Bills: Chiefs. The Chiefs have not won in Buffalo since 1986. If this Chiefs team can't go in and get the job done the organization should formally petition the NFL to not make them travel to Buffalo. Ever again.

Vikings @ Cowboys: Cowboys. A matchup of two of the more disappointing teams this season. The Vikings because many had high hopes after Peterson powered them to a 10-6 finish last year and the Cowboys because, well, they're the Cowboys.

Titans @ Rams: Rams. Offensively this game is beginning to look like a preseason game with both starting QBs out and backups in.

Saints @ Jets: Saints. Friday, the day after Halloween, is known as "All Saints Day." So it makes sense the Saints will win this one. Unfortunately for the Jets, there is no "All Jets Day." And if there was, it probably wouldn't be in football season anyway.

Chargers @ Redskins: Redskins. The Oneida Indian Nation asserts the name "Redskins" is detrimental to the NFL. This week, the Redskins offense will be detrimental to the Chargers.

Falcons @ Panthers: Panthers. When a bird like a falcon has its wings clipped, they are easy prey for big cats like panthers. Such is life in the wild, such is life in the NFL.

Eagles @ Raiders: Raiders. Isn't the NFL funny? Before the season began the Raiders were written off as a complete dumpster fire. After one half of one game, the Eagles were going to win the next 5 Super Bowls with that "revolutionary" Chip Kelly offense. And while the Raiders appear to be the better team, the Eagles actually still have a better chance to reach the playoffs since the NFC East is so putrid this year. The NFL is a funny thing, agree?

Buccaneers @ Seahawks: Seahawks. I'm on the fence on this one. Just kidding. Once the Seahawks finish up this one the Buccaneers will be halfway to their second winless season in franchise history. On that note, check out my idea for the revised Pro Bowl. The Buccaneers are a big part of my plans: Awesome idea for this year's Pro Bowl!

Ravens @ Browns: Browns. Jason Campbell, who the Browns passed over en route from Weeden to Hoyer just a few weeks ago, shook off a slow start to pass for 293 yards and 2 TDs against the Chiefs. In KC. If the Browns rally around him the way they did Hoyer the Ravens will be in trouble. And Weeden will be wondering what he doesn't have that the others do.

Steelers @ Patriots: Patriots. Ben Roethlisberger raved about Tom Brady this week, calling him the best in the game. And Brady will validate these words of praise by taking his battered and depleted Patriots and running circles around an equally battered and depleted Steelers squad.

Colts @ Texans: Colts. First of all, the Texans are just not very good. Secondly, they always seem to scatter like roaches under the lights. Their primetime record is simply not ready for primetime. Lastly, they are playing the Colts. This trifecta will doom the Texans in this one.

Bears @ Packers: Packers. Something about Bears vs Packers is just...classic. Even if one team is missing its starting QB and the other is missing its starting everything else.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 06:02 AM

6,778 posts, read 10,180,182 times
Bengals
Bills
Cowboys
Titans
Saints
Redskins
Panthers
Raiders
Seahawks
Browns
Patriots
Colts
Packers

Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,553,483 times
Waiting to go ashore in Halifax. I was 12-1 last week, amazing and overall 71-49??? Subject to verification when I get home!

Bengals
Panthers
Cowboys
Saints
Titans
Chiefs
Redskins
Raiders
Seahawks
Ravens
Patriots
Colts
Packers

Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 AM

Calico going with the Bills over the Chiefs. Nice. Bold prediction!

Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 AM

6,778 posts, read 10,180,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Calico going with the Bills over the Chiefs. Nice. Bold prediction!

Thanks. It's the NFL.....anything can happen. I almost took the Jets over the Saints as well.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post

Thanks. It's the NFL.....anything can happen. I almost took the Jets over the Saints as well.
Absolutely. And Bills over Chiefs is actually a reasonable prediction considering the history and some of the matchups.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:55 AM

6,839 posts, read 7,900,925 times
Cin @ Mia
Atl @ Car
Min @ Dal
NO @ NYJ
Ten @ StL
KC @ Buf
SD@ Was
Phi @ Oak
TB @ Sea
Bal@ Cle
Pit @ NE
Ind @ Hou
Chi @GB

Last week: 11-2
Season: 74-46

Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 PM

The good people of Miami must have opted for trick-or-treating over football tonight. I don't think that stadium was even half full!

The OT period is about to kick off.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
LOL 1-0 on a safety.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:57 PM

So the Dolphins win it in OT with a safety. I'm pretty sure you have to go deep into the archives to find the last time that happened.

Most of us start out this week 0-1. Well played, Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football