U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:36 AM

28,436 posts, read 15,421,970 times

Advertisements

Three mediocre weeks for me. Usually I'm the last one in - need a change. Time to get back on track.

Season: 78-42

Week 9

Cin @ Mia - Cin 27-13

Atl @ Car - Car 28-20
Min @ Dal - Dal 34-23
NO @ NYJ - NO 31-20
Ten @ StL - Ten 24-13
KC @ Buf - KC 27-17
SD @ Was - SD 37-34

Phi @ Oak - Oak 17-15
TB @ Sea - Sea 34-7
Bal @ Cle - Bal 23-16
Pit @ NE - NE 22-16

Ind @ Hou - Hou 27-24

Chi @ GB - GB 31-17

Suicide Pick - Sea

Bye: Az, Den, Det, Jax, NYG, SF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,068,925 times
Bengals@Dolphins- While I feel Cincinnati is due for a let down, the Dolphins are becoming a bit unhinged. The Bengals win in a close one.Falcons@Panthers- Going with the Panthers in this match up. Atlanta is banged up, and Carolina is hanging around in the NFC South.Vikings@Cowboys- Going with Romo and The 'Boys...However; if Dallas loses this one, I'm done picking them this year!Saints@Jets- I do think the Jets will play better this week, but not good enough to beat the Saints.Titans@Rams- The Titans win in a close one. Chiefs@Bills- Can the Bills at home knock off the last unbeaten team in the NFL? Nope.Chargers@Redskins-While the Chargers are quietly hanging around in the AFC West, I'm smelling an upset here. The Redskins are due.Eagles@Raiders- The Eagles pull out a tight one on the left coast.Bucs@Seahawks- The Seahawks with the help of the "12th Man" will take care of the Bucs quite handily.Ravens@Browns- Cleveland put up a fight in the first match up, and I think with the QB change it is a the spark needed to propel the Browns to victory snapping a 3 game losing streak and stay in the hunt in the AFC North.Steelers@Patriots- The Steelers will keep it interesting, but Tom Brady will find a way to get it done at home.Colts@Texans-The Texans get a much needed win.Bears@Packers- Packers will roll at home.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,952,882 times
Week 9

Cin @ Mia
Atl @ Car
Min @ Dal
NO @ NYJ
Ten @ StL
KC @ Buf
SD@ Was
Phi @ Oak
TB @ Sea
Bal@ Cle
Pit @ NE
Ind @ Hou
Chi @GB

Last week : 10-3
Season: 72-48

Old 10-29-2013, 01:00 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,392,796 times
Selection in CAPS:

CIN @ Mia

Atl @ CAR

Min @ DAL

NO @ Jets

TEN @ StL

KC @ Buf

Chargers@ WAS

PHI @ Oak

Tampa @ SEA

BAL@ Cle

Pit @ NE

IND @ Hou

Chi @GB

Last week : 11-2

Season: 82-38

Yuck ... CD formatting is all messed up. Will correct later.

Last edited by jaypee; 10-29-2013 at 01:33 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM

28,436 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
CIN @ Mia Atl @ CAR Min @ DAL NO @ Jets TEN @ StL KC @ Buf Chargers@ WAS PHI @ Oak Tampa @ SEA BAL@ Cle Pit @ NE IND @ Hou Chi @GB Last week : 11-2 Season: 82-38 Yuck ... CD formatting is all messed up. Will correct later.
82? - Dang, I am falling behind these last few weeks.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:17 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,219,691 times
Cincinnati @ Miami - Bengals
Atlanta @ Carolina - Panthers
Minnesota @ Dallas - Cowboys
New Orleans @ NY Jets - Saints
Tennessee @ St Rams - Titans
KC Chiefs @ Buffalo - Bills
San Diego @ Washington - Chargers
Philadelphia @ Oakland - Raiders
Tampa @ Seattle - Seahawks
Baltimore @ Cleveland - Browns
Pittsburgh @ New England - Patriots
Indy @ Houston - Colts
Chicago @Green Bay - Pack

last week 10-3
overall 73-47

Old 10-29-2013, 08:35 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,867,229 times
The System picks...

Bengals @ Dolphins

Falcons @ Panthers
Vikings @ Cowboys
Saints @ Jets
Titans @ Rams
Chiefs @ Bills
Chargers@ Was

Eagles@ Raiders
Buccaneers@ Seahawks
Ravens @ Browns
Steelers@ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Bears@ Packers

Last week......12 - 1
Season......... 74 - 46 (.617)
The System... 58 - 30 (.659)

Old 10-30-2013, 02:52 PM

3,231 posts, read 1,598,227 times
Week 9

Cin @ Mia(Cin will run over Mia QB like a freight train play after play)
Atl @ Car (Atl will cover the point spread of 7.5 but still lose)
Min @ Dal (Min cover the point spread of 10.5) Dal a team on the decline.
NO @ NYJ (Brees vs Smith...no contest)
Ten @ StL (my second pick for an upset) Locker is overrated and losing three in a row well.....chalk up another
KC @ Buf (This game could surprise than again it may not, I will go with the may not.)
SD@ Was (I would suggest Denver stop look to the Chiefs games and pay attention to the charging Chargers.)
Phi @ Oak (Musical chair for QB in Phi continues)
TB @ Sea (but I will take TB to make the point spread of 16.5 points) Offense is keeping the Seahawks from being #1
Bal@ Cle (Cle a team up and coming and will take Cle because of home field and nothing more)
Pit @ NE (no contest in Foxborough)
Ind @ Hou (Hou is so injury prone they may not recover this year)
Chi @GB (Chi on the point spread of 10.5) Chi another team with QB problems at the moment.

80-40 thru the first eight weeks

Old 10-30-2013, 05:48 PM

4,880 posts, read 3,971,136 times
Once again, I go into a football weekend $5 poorer but close this time to winning the office pool. I have said before that I do not want anyone to take anything from my posts except entertainment value. Remember, do not bet your pizza money on what I predict for the week 9.

My record...Probably not as good as yours

Bengals @ Dolphins The Dolphins tend to win these kinds of games at home, I do not expect them to drop 4 in a row. Then again, they have one of the worst GMs in professional sports, and thanks to his fantasy football type spending in free agency, they may be disappointing for a while to come.

Falcons @ Panthers The Panthers took some time to find their groove, but wins over powerhouse teams like the Buccaneers, the Vikings and the Rams without Bradford shows that they are well poised to beat anyone of the caliber of the Falcons, especially at home
Vikings @ Cowboys The COwboys tend to play better at home agasint teams that do not score a lot of points. Look for them to make ROmo look good.
Saints @ Jets The Jets are good? really ? Won't look like it when the Saints come to town
Titans @ Rams [B]SUPER BOWL REMATCH[/b] Titans will avenge their loss to the Rams
Chiefs @ Bills One would think that the Chiefs are due to lose, but not this time around.
Chargers@ Redskins Another great game, two teams that should be a lot better than they are, or as Cosell would have said, "To Disappointments of offensive coaching and defensive powerlessness."

Eagles@ Raiders SUPER BOWL REMATCH Take the raiders to Repeat in this one
Buccaneers@ Seahawks Let's see...the NFL's least favorite against the NFL's goat coach a team headed to the playoffs, another headed towards the unemployment line
Ravens @ Browns I like Big Joe Flacco and the Ravens in this game
Steelers@ Patriots I hate the Patriots, but do not see the Steelers who are playing like a semi pro team beating them.

Colts @ Texans Of course the NFL is rigged, how else is Luck so good and how else does a good QB turn around a bad defense? Hmmm ? Because it sells tickets and jerseys.

Bears@ Packers I have to say again that the Packers are not that good, but the Bears are worse, and in Lambeau field, where the ghost of Guy Lombardo sings the blues for the Bears, expect the Pack to prevail.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:37 PM

6,534 posts, read 4,486,193 times
Last week: 12-1
Season 52-24

Dolphins. Bengals are better, but I think their due for a let down. Dolphins aren't bad by any means. I say they get a late field goal to get a 3 point win.
Panthers. I'd probably pick the Falcons at home, but on the road with the Panthers playing great, hard to see the Falcons getting the win when this team is plagued with injury.
Cowboys. Knowing the Cowboys, they'll let the Vikings hang around for a while, but should easily win by at least 10.
Saints. The Jets have alternated wins and losses every week since the season started. Last week was a lopsided L, so a win this week?? Ha! Saints easy.
Titans. Rams played well on Monday night, but that may have been the Seahawks overlooking them. Titans have played 3 very good opponents in a row (Chiefs, Seahawks and 49ers) and following a bye I think they get back on track.
Chiefs. Bills may make it interesting like last week, but the Chiefs get to 9-0
Redskins. True the Chargers are 2-0 on the East coast in the 1 PM timeslot this year, but that was playing the Eagles and Jaguars.
Raiders. This pick scares me. If the Eagles can keep Pryor in check, and can get any sort of semblance of an offense, they can get the win. I'll stick with the safe pick, hopefully doesn't come back to bite me on Sunday night.
Seahawks. No contest. Game will be over once the game kicks off.
Ravens. Off the bye I think Flacco has a big day on offense. Will be close, but the Ravens get the win in the Dawg Pound.
Patriots. If the Steelers can't even beat the Raiders, good luck beating the Pats in Foxboro!
Texans. Know that if they lose this game, the race for the division is about toast for them. Case Keenum played excellent in Kansas City the NFL's #1 defense, and back home, in pretty much a must-win game for them to salvage any hope of saving this floundering season, I say the Texans get the upset. However, this pick is solely based on Case Keenum starting. If Schaub starts, I have the right to reverse my pick up until 8:20 eastern on Sunday night.
Packers. Bears with QB problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football