U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:22 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,916,621 times

Advertisements

i read the latest, truly disgusting behavior. this guy should be expelled from the NFL. this is especially sensitive topic, so the NFL must show zero tolerance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 02:32 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,897,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
He put up with it for a year and a half.
Yeah, this is going to get uglier for Incognito as the days go by. It wasn't like it was just a week long feud where some names and taunting were thrown around. He's a serious prick and needs to find a new profession. Maybe he should get a job as a bouncer for 1/100th of his current income. Actually, that wouldn't work either if he used the same racial slurs towards patrons as he did against his teammate. Then there would be civil suits. Miami should part ways with him as quick as the Pat's did with Hernandez. Then again, if the Fins are one of those types of organizations that turn a blind eye to this type of thing until it hits the public eye, maybe a complete overhaul is neccessary. There is no place for that type of behavior in a team environment.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:10 PM

1,561 posts, read 1,660,066 times
After everything I've heard about Incognito over the years I'm surprised someone hasn't had him locked up yet or just flat out maimed or killed the guy. He seems like a turd of the first order. Who leaves those sort of voice mails for anyone let alone a teammate who is supposed to be like a brother to you. If Incognito did in fact urinate in Martin's drink I think that should be considered assault and the guy needs to do time.

That being said, isn't Jonathan Martin an NFL OFFENSIVE LINEMAN?!?!?! Isn't he 6'6" 330? How in the heck can he let ANYONE bully him? I don't understand it. I don't care how big the person was, if they urinated in my drink I'm physically assaulting them, jail be damned they are going to the hospital. I may need a crow bar or baseball bat for a guy Incognito's size but he's going down one way or another. It is the only appropriate response as a man when another man disrespects you in that manner. I'd love to say I'm more evolved than that but.... I'm not.

End of the day, Martin needs to get tougher if he's going to play pro ball but the Dolphins needs to cut loose Incognito and any other players involved. Incognito sounds like he need psychiatric care. Sounds like their coaching staff is letting things get way out of control.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:10 PM

158 posts, read 227,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
After everything I've heard about Incognito over the years I'm surprised someone hasn't had him locked up yet or just flat out maimed or killed the guy. He seems like a turd of the first order. Who leaves those sort of voice mails for anyone let alone a teammate who is supposed to be like a brother to you. If Incognito did in fact urinate in Martin's drink I think that should be considered assault and the guy needs to do time.

That being said, isn't Jonathan Martin an NFL OFFENSIVE LINEMAN?!?!?! Isn't he 6'6" 330? How in the heck can he let ANYONE bully him? I don't understand it. I don't care how big the person was, if they urinated in my drink I'm physically assaulting them, jail be damned they are going to the hospital. I may need a crow bar or baseball bat for a guy Incognito's size but he's going down one way or another. It is the only appropriate response as a man when another man disrespects you in that manner. I'd love to say I'm more evolved than that but.... I'm not.

End of the day, Martin needs to get tougher if he's going to play pro ball but the Dolphins needs to cut loose Incognito and any other players involved. Incognito sounds like he need psychiatric care. Sounds like their coaching staff is letting things get way out of control.
Bullying has more of a psychological effect. I've seen guys in get bullied by other guys half their size, but because they had the support of the "crowd" (who often joined in on the bullying), they didn't do a damn thing to defend themselves. Not everyone is built to fight or is looking for a fight. You have to look at things from a sociological/ psychological perspective. I can imagine Martin was bullied by more than one player on the team, you can't take down all of them. And I'm sure he tried to reason with Incognito or appease him being the younger player

Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 PM

18,624 posts, read 16,430,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I do think the current wave favors Martin but would like to see other players come out and either side with Martin or say Incognito bullied them as well..

If these are actual text mail transcripts, they will have to be verified as coming from Incognito.. very damning either way.
Looks like the NFL ex-players media types are getting their stories together. Yesterday some of the ex-player analysts said Martin should have punched Incognito and that this stuff goes on. Today complete turnaround now this behavior is unusual and if any of them I had witnessed it they would have stopped it. Sure.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitySide View Post
Bullying has more of a psychological effect. I've seen guys in get bullied by other guys half their size, but because they had the support of the "crowd" (who often joined in on the bullying), they didn't do a damn thing to defend themselves. Not everyone is built to fight or is looking for a fight. You have to look at things from a sociological/ psychological perspective. I can imagine Martin was bullied by more than one player on the team, you can't take down all of them. And I'm sure he tried to reason with Incognito or appease him being the younger player
I don't think the actual fight is important it's standing up for yourself. I was pretty thin growing up so I wasn't going to beat everybody up but I was known not to back down. It gains you friends who can fight and well most folks leave you alone as a result.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:50 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Thin skinned cry baby...you either fight back or show that it doesn't bother you....(or in his case run under mommys skirt)
or he could've just put a bullet in incognito's head...that would end any future issues.......btw, incognito is also one of the dirtiest players in the league.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:59 PM

7,385 posts, read 11,554,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
or he could've just put a bullet in incognito's head...that would end any future issues.......btw, incognito is also one of the dirtiest players in the league.
Right.

Bart Scott, a former LB himself said Martin handled it maturely and implied that he could have come in with a gun shooting. That's right, this is one big NFL dude talking about another big NFL dude and saying that bullying is bullying whether you're a junior high school kid or 6'6" 350 lb lineman.

Richie Incognito of Miami Dolphins used slurs in messages to Jonathan Martin - ESPN

It's actually a great podcast. Give a listen y'all.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Right.

Bart Scott, a former LB himself said Martin handled it maturely and implied that he could have come in with a gun shooting. That's right, this is one big NFL dude talking about another big NFL dude and saying that bullying is bullying whether you're a junior high school kid or 6'6" 350 lb lineman.

Richie Incognito of Miami Dolphins used slurs in messages to Jonathan Martin - ESPN

It's actually a great podcast. Give a listen y'all.
Expected PC stuff. Now gather what NFL execs are saying masked.

Quote:
The Dolphins have indefinitely suspended Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team because his actions, if true, are morally abominable and potential violations of workplace laws. Still, there are NFL personnel people and active and former players who believe Martin handled the situation poorly by allowing it to spill out of the locker room and into the public.
That's not to say they're defending Incognito. They're not in any way, shape or form. But they do believe there is an unwritten rule that player business should be handled in the locker room by the players themselves, particularly when the actions are as vile as those attributed to Incognito.
BURKE: Dolphins suspend Richie Incognito as NFL investigates Jonathan Martin case
"I think Jonathan Martin is a weak person," said one personnel man, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "If Incognito did offend him racially, that's something you have to handle as a man! Mike Pouncey was a rookie at one point while Incognito was there and you never heard any complaints from him. There's no other way to put it, other than him being sofTTT!"

Read More: NFL personnel question 'coward' Jonathan Martin for not challenging Richie Incognito - NFL - Jim Trotter - SI.com

Old 11-04-2013, 07:27 PM

20,976 posts, read 16,265,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
Ridiculous. The Dolphins organization/coaches need to be ashamed of themselves too. They finally admitted they knew about it but "thought it was settled". That's a bunch of B.S.

Like most on the job harrassment, it's not dealt with until somebody makes threats or comes back blasting.

Jonathan Martin Reportedly Fears Retribution From Richie Incognito, Who Lashed Out At Adam Schefter
Real men handle their own s-hit.

Boys run to momma.

Handling your s-hit doesn't mean shooting someone.

When I was a 21 year old rookie in the car business, there was a "bully".....you know, the kind of know it all who ruled the roost. He was a bigger, experienced 30 year old who tried to intimidate and embarrass me. I slapped him hard in the face in front of everyone my third day on the job. I kept my job, excelled, gained respect and he wound up leaving about 6 weeks later. I became the GSM at age 25 and worked there for 6 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football