U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:32 PM

21,555 posts, read 22,158,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Real men handle their own s-hit.

Boys run to momma.

Handling your s-hit doesn't mean shooting someone.

When I was a 21 year old rookie in the car business, there was a "bully".....you know, the kind of know it all who ruled the roost. He was a bigger, experienced 30 year old who tried to intimidate and embarrass me. I slapped him hard in the face in front of everyone my third day on the job. I kept my job, excelled, gained respect and he wound up leaving about 6 weeks later. I became the GSM at age 25 and worked there for 6 years.
LOL, and then you woke up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 07:32 PM

7,597 posts, read 11,703,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So, maybe he doesn't have the typical makeup of an NFL player. Like Aaron Hernandez. He definitely 'handled his business like a man'.

What are you trying to say? That you'd rather be buddies with Incognito instead because he 'has a pair'?

Martin seems like a nice guy. I'll hang out with him instead...

Old 11-04-2013, 07:33 PM

20,976 posts, read 16,377,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
LOL, and then you woke up
I have nothing to prove.

Men should act like men.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:06 PM

24,757 posts, read 34,153,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What a wimp but Incognito's days are numbered he's violated all kinds of PC rules.

NFL Slurs in Incognito's messages - ESPN
Yeah, Eddie, I'm sure you'd do just as well dealing with Incognito. You'd show them how much of a tough guy you are.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Yeah, this is going to get uglier for Incognito as the days go by. It wasn't like it was just a week long feud where some names and taunting were thrown around. He's a serious prick and needs to find a new profession. Maybe he should get a job as a bouncer for 1/100th of his current income. Actually, that wouldn't work either if he used the same racial slurs towards patrons as he did against his teammate. Then there would be civil suits. Miami should part ways with him as quick as the Pat's did with Hernandez. Then again, if the Fins are one of those types of organizations that turn a blind eye to this type of thing until it hits the public eye, maybe a complete overhaul is neccessary. There is no place for that type of behavior in a team environment.
Civil suits my ass. I think he's gotta realize that behavior such as his outside the NFL cocoon might get him shot and killed.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
After everything I've heard about Incognito over the years I'm surprised someone hasn't had him locked up yet or just flat out maimed or killed the guy. He seems like a turd of the first order. Who leaves those sort of voice mails for anyone let alone a teammate who is supposed to be like a brother to you. If Incognito did in fact urinate in Martin's drink I think that should be considered assault and the guy needs to do time.

That being said, isn't Jonathan Martin an NFL OFFENSIVE LINEMAN?!?!?! Isn't he 6'6" 330? How in the heck can he let ANYONE bully him? I don't understand it. I don't care how big the person was, if they urinated in my drink I'm physically assaulting them, jail be damned they are going to the hospital. I may need a crow bar or baseball bat for a guy Incognito's size but he's going down one way or another. It is the only appropriate response as a man when another man disrespects you in that manner. I'd love to say I'm more evolved than that but.... I'm not.

End of the day, Martin needs to get tougher if he's going to play pro ball but the Dolphins needs to cut loose Incognito and any other players involved. Incognito sounds like he need psychiatric care. Sounds like their coaching staff is letting things get way out of control.
Agreed.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 PM

The problem is that you guys think just cause he's big and a football player that he should be some kind of tough guy. He played college ball at Stanford and almost went to Harvard. This is his father...

Dr. Gus Martin Home Page

Considering that is his background and that he always was the biggest, he probably never had to stand up for himself. So, when he got to the NFL, he didn't know how to deal.

That said, you don't reprimand the bullied, you reprimand the bully.

Also, trying to show how tough you are and how much you can stand up to someone who disrespects you or in front of a woman is exactly how people get knives in their throats and bullets in the head.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
The problem is that you guys think just cause he's big and a football player that he should be some kind of tough guy. He played college ball at Stanford and almost went to Harvard. This is his father...

Dr. Gus Martin Home Page

Considering that is his background and that he always was the biggest, he probably never had to stand up for himself. So, when he got to the NFL, he didn't know how to deal.

That said, you don't reprimand the bullied, you reprimand the bully.

Also, trying to show how tough you are and how much you can stand up to someone who disrespects you or in front of a woman is exactly how people get knives in their throats and bullets in the head.
Not macho. Not a bully. But tough enough to stand up for himself and his loved ones. Any man needs that.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 PM

2,822 posts, read 2,406,720 times
Heard this on the radio today & thought it was spot on. It went something like this -

All the internet tough guys typing on their keyboard to just stand up to Incognito, are very likely the same tough guys who are afraid to knock on their neighbors door to request they turn the music down.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:30 PM

I actually think it's cool that his father raised a guy who is smart, sensitive, and shuns confrontations despite biologically being a giant.

It shows a higher side of evolution (as someone else mentioned).

I mean, are we really monkeys that must answer threats with physical violence or at least threats of physical violence.

That's what standing up for yourself is. It's not telling another person to leave you alone. It's saying, "I'll find a way to hurt you badly if you keep it up."

Real civilized.

I also realize this is the pro football forum and not the best place to start this sort of dialogue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football