U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:35 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,500,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
absolutely workplace harrassment

I love how the military is thrown about as some shining beacon .... the same military that covers up for the rapes of their sister in arms .... yeah, let's not put their employment practices on a pedestal here

also not shocking that richie incognito is at the center of this .... guy has always been the fat kid who was bullied and roided up in response .... absolute clownshoe ... has to eat him up that a kid can come from a muli-generational Harvard background and still be bigger/stronger than him ........ what else do you expect punks like that to do?
It looks like that they are going to let poor Richie go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 PM

6,839 posts, read 7,900,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Real men handle their own s-hit.

Boys run to momma.

Handling your s-hit doesn't mean shooting someone.

When I was a 21 year old rookie in the car business, there was a "bully".....you know, the kind of know it all who ruled the roost. He was a bigger, experienced 30 year old who tried to intimidate and embarrass me. I slapped him hard in the face in front of everyone my third day on the job. I kept my job, excelled, gained respect and he wound up leaving about 6 weeks later. I became the GSM at age 25 and worked there for 6 years.
I agree with you on most CD issues, but I think you're talking out of your ass in regards to this particular topic. Sorry, just have to speak the truth. By the way, your name says it all! To each their own, I guess.

I do agree guns are the wrong answer in any situation, but something needed to be done and Martin did the right thing. Nobody will miss Incognito. Truly a simple, overpaid, waste of oxygen.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:00 AM

24,757 posts, read 33,977,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Heard this on the radio today & thought it was spot on. It went something like this -

All the internet tough guys typing on their keyboard to just stand up to Incognito, are very likely the same tough guys who are afraid to knock on their neighbors door to request they turn the music down.
You want to believe that, believe it.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I actually think it's cool that his father raised a guy who is smart, sensitive, and shuns confrontations despite biologically being a giant.

It shows a higher side of evolution (as someone else mentioned).

I mean, are we really monkeys that must answer threats with physical violence or at least threats of physical violence.

That's what standing up for yourself is. It's not telling another person to leave you alone. It's saying, "I'll find a way to hurt you badly if you keep it up."

Real civilized.

I also realize this is the pro football forum and not the best place to start this sort of dialogue.
I guess you guys have never been in a locker room, much less an NFL one. You can certainly be smart and sensitive and shun confrontations there. But there are some Neanderthals on football teams - you know, that violent sport, football - who don't respond to civilized behavior.

Do you remember Roger Staubach? Quarterback, All-American guy, born-again Christian?

He was being harassed and bullied by a teammate, Clint Longley. Roger turned the other cheek for most of a season until he couldn't take it anymore.

He invited Longley outside to settle their differences and beat the hell out of him.

Do you think being civilized worked in that instance? Sometimes bullies don't respond to that.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:49 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,225,826 times
The Staubach incident is a bit stretched. Longley did not harass or bully Staubach at all much less for an entire season. In fact, the incident occurred during training camp and ended during training camp. This was not a case of bullying or harassment, it was simple case of 2 teammates getting into a scuffle. Staubach got the best of Longley in their initial fight and then Longley sucker punched him in the locker room. Longley was traded immediately afterwards..

This was not a case of bullying or harassment but your point is legitimate. You don't have to be a big bad tough guy to stand up for your self. Staubach certainly was not a big bad guy but he also didn't take any crap off of anyone.

But the bigger point is, some folks are simply NOT built for confrontation. Its seems strange to me and probably others that a Big Bad Tough football player at the NFL level would allow ANYONE to bully them. But I guess if your not a confrontational person, size is not really the point. Regardless of personal size or your job or even how old you are, no one should be bullied, PERIOD. Some of us would prefer the person being bullied to punch the bully in the mouth but perhaps, the bully being unemployed and likely unemployable is a better punishment!

Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 AM

17,579 posts, read 39,788,649 times
Some of you talk as if it would be a given that Martin could just beat the crap out of Incognito. It could just as easily go the other way.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:44 AM

And shouldn't Incognito be getting the same level of attention for his use of racial slurs as Riley Cooper did? To me this is even worse since it was directed at a fellow NFL player and not some strangers.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Some of you talk as if it would be a given that Martin could just beat the crap out of Incognito. It could just as easily go the other way.
Point is, he needs to show that he is not scared of Incognito.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Point is, he needs to show that he is not scared of Incognito.
What if he is scared of him? Incognito is pretty much a nut case that was voted as the dirtiest player in the NFL. I'm sure plenty of people would be scared of him.

And none of that fixes the problem, which is Incognito. He could then just move on to someone else. This douchebag needs to be dealt with. He deserves everything coming his way.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:12 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,062,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And shouldn't Incognito be getting the same level of attention for his use of racial slurs as Riley Cooper did? To me this is even worse since it was directed at a fellow NFL player and not some strangers.
I think he has gotten a similar level of attention, and I agree his actions are much worse than than coopers. Cooper was drunk and used a racial slur. Incognito relentlessly harassed a player using the slurs, and threats for a year. And I think his NFL career is over as it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football