U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 07:19 AM

513 posts, read 575,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Man. Sometimes it's hard being an Ohio sports fan.

After a third try, as much as I've pulled for him, Dalton is not the Bengals' answer at QB.

It also makes me think about how good or bad he actually is. The Bengals are completely loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and Dalton can actually look that bad with those offensive weapons? I think if an elite quarterback like Manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees had the talent that Dalton was working with, they would obliterate even the records that Manning recently set at Denver.... AND have a championship caliber defense.

It's frustrating.

I give the Chargers D props for getting after Dalton, but I think all three of Dalton's turnovers were completely his fault. For one, if you're going to run with the ball, tuck it up and cover. Also, if you're being rushed, don't throw it into double coverage. You're not going to have your weight behind the throw and you have to thread the needle to have a shot at a completion. The guy is the most inconsistent quarterback in football and plays entirely too much like Brett Favre without the talent, taking entirely too many chances.
Just don't pay him 130 million dollars because there is no better option available at the time. Teams around the NFL seem to be doing that lately
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 07:21 AM

513 posts, read 575,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Looks like its going to be a balmy 49/28 on Sunday, so that will help Peyton....
Guess he lucked out there

Old 01-06-2014, 07:30 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,695,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
Guess he lucked out there
maybe he'll be "charged" up since it'll be so warm.....

Old 01-06-2014, 09:20 AM

14,636 posts, read 22,476,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Looks like its going to be a balmy 49/28 on Sunday, so that will help Peyton....
Well it's -7 now. The Broncos are making Peyton run around outside of the Dove Valley training facility and do snow angels so he'll build up a tolerance for the cold up here.

Also realize the Chargers have to deal with the altitude one more time.

The difference in this game will be the Bronco's improved TO ratio and thus time of posession. The Bolts will be on life-support this time around.

But I do expect it to warm up a bit.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well it's -7 now. The Broncos are making Peyton run around outside of the Dove Valley training facility and do snow angels so he'll build up a tolerance for the cold up here.

Also realize the Chargers have to deal with the altitude one more time.

The difference in this game will be the Bronco's improved TO ratio and thus time of posession. The Bolts will be on life-support this time around.

But I do expect it to warm up a bit.
All those things are factors, but last year when the Ravens had to play in the altitude 6 days after beating Indianapolis, they beat the Broncos..

And then the following weekend they beat the Patriots..

So, those excuses are nice, but one can't use them as an excuse because there is a body of work in recent history for road teams to get it done!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:02 AM

4,370 posts, read 5,162,313 times
No sense in arguing with Broncos fans. They know good and sell they're going 1 and done. But they wouldnt be real fans if they didn't poke their chest out especially after the stellar regular season they had. It probably hurt so much thinking about how they'll be hanging it up next week.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
No sense in arguing with Broncos fans. They know good and sell they're going 1 and done. But they wouldnt be real fans if they didn't poke their chest out especially after the stellar regular season they had. It probably hurt so much thinking about how they'll be hanging it up next week.
If you are a #1 or #2 seed, there's really no benefit for sticking out your chest....(as recent history has shown)

I think its teed up really well for Denver, but I'd be cautiously optimistic....but hey, what do I know?

Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 AM

3,245 posts, read 1,615,845 times
The Cinderella team rolling into Denver with nothing to lose and an AFC title game to gain will be most interesting for sure. Seem the Chargers have the momentum and Denver has the home field...But I will still take Denver.

I like New England to face up against Denver for the AFC title.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:46 PM

10,719 posts, read 11,134,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I realize you are a bitter Chiefs fan who has been wrong on many predictions for both the Chiefs and the Broncos, but now you are seeing only what you want to see. There are a lot of Broncos fans out there who are confident about the game (and weren't you confident about the Chiefs game?) but have also acknowledged the strong chance for the Chargers to come in and leave with the win. Smart Broncos fans (this forum is filled with them) are not writing off the Chargers. And while as Broncos fans we still expect our team to win, no outcome will be a surprise. A loss will be a disappointment, but not a surprise. No outcome will surprise me in these playoffs.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,856,187 times
I love how nobody is giving the Colts a chance... The same Colts who beat the snot out of the Broncos... Beat the Seahawks, 49ers and the Chiefs (twice)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football