U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 11:39 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,612,362 times

Advertisements

DC AFC championship games

San Diego @ Denver

Indianapolis @ New England

WC 2-2.... for the year overall 173-86-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 06:03 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,851,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This.

I'm accused of coming in here and sticking my chest out. Huh. Ive been posting in here since the day they started NFL team threads.

If you look carefully, you'll see my smack about the Broncos was a result of you bandwagon bozos coming in here parroting your Sports Center garbage; San Diego this, top seed that, Peyton can't win in the playoffs, look at what happened last year blah blah blah.

What are the Broncos supposed to do? Give up a few games so they can come in as the wild card?

How'd that work out for the Ravens and Chiefs?

Nobody knows what's going to happen next week. I expect a Bronco win.

If you disagree, you ought to put your money where your mouth is, go to Vegas, take the Bolts and the points.
Just ignore him... The dude is always wrong which is what usually happens when you think you know everything. I think he should change his screen name!

Old 01-07-2014, 06:11 PM

10,712 posts, read 11,119,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Just ignore him... The dude is always wrong which is what usually happens when you think you know everything. I think he should change his screen name!
Fair question: where does all this animosity toward me come from?

Old 01-07-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Fair question: where does all this animosity toward me come from?
Mainly? Your trolling of the Redskins thread right after the loss to the Broncos..... Followed by other annoying Broncos fans on this forum....

Old 01-07-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Mainly? Your trolling of the Redskins thread right after the loss to the Broncos..... Followed by other annoying Broncos fans on this forum....
Okay, just checking. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something legitimate or anything. If it's something petty (and it is) I'm fine with it.

For the sake of discussion, I had one post taken off that thread. As I recall it was a response to your critique of the officiating in that game and I had the audacity to point out that bad calls went both ways in that game, which they did.

If you think I'm a troll or annoying, you are seeing what you want to see. Here are some other posts I made on that same thread:

Quote:
My wife and I have sort of adopted the Redskins as our secondary team recently. Between Shanahan and living on the fringes of the D.C. metro area, combined with RGIII being an all around great guy and dynamic QB, this team is easy to like right now.

Except for this week.

Quote:
There is a lot of talk in the area about Shanahan's contract, and the fact that he may not be granted an extension, though it is unlikely he'll be let go before the contract runs its course next season. The thing is, Shanahan did not exactly walk into a good situation. The team had a lack of talent on the roster and some cap issues when he took over.

I can honestly see the Redskins going on another tear through the second half of this season and reaching a finish of 9-7. That may get them into the playoffs. I wonder if that will be enough to get Snyder to tack on 3 or so more years to his contract, because after 2014 the Redskins get their first round draft picks again, and unless they screw the pooch, they should have some decent cap space by then.

What say the Redskins fans? Should Shanahan be allowed to build this team? Or if the team finishes out of the playoffs should Snyder move them in a different direction?
Yeah, really sounds like I was trolling, doesn't it? As for annoying Broncos fans, I really don't see it. Most of the regulars here who are Broncos fans post pretty reasonable stuff. This idea that we think the Broncos are invincible is a pure fabrication, at least when it comes to the Broncos fans on this forum.

Anyway, carry on with your dislike for me. Like I said, as long as I know it's something petty, I'm fine with it.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 PM

14,602 posts, read 22,458,688 times
Both you guys are good posters in here. I think yous should kiss and make up.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This post is my olive branch.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:54 PM

14,602 posts, read 22,458,688 times

When I quoted Iknowfootball's quote, I said, "This", so I was actually agreeing with it.

The bozos I was referring to are the newbies coming out of the woodworks to jump on the Broncos-next-opponent bandwagon.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
This post is my olive branch.
Water under the bridge.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:09 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,615,397 times
Quote:
I love how nobody is giving the Colts a chance... The same Colts who beat the snot out of the Broncos... Beat the Seahawks, 49ers and the Chiefs (twice)!
I give the Colts a chance; I just don't know which Colts team is going to show up. I also know that Belichick is wicked good at crafting a game plan with two weeks of prep time. If the Colts hadn't given up all those points to the Chiefs last week, I might still be tempted to take them in New England. I've just seen this script too many times: an upstart thinks they're ready to go into Foxborough - and gets summarily hammered. The teams that have had success against New England in the postseason have been extremely physical and have forced turnovers. Andrew Luck needs a big game, but more than that, the Colts defense has to be physical. They have to rough Tom Brady up. Baltimore was up to the task. Not sure if Indianapolis is. Could be, but I just don't know at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football