Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 06:38 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'll be pulling for the Bengals against the Chokers tomorrow.
DOPE

KC Chiefs go down! Cincinnati Bengals go down! You're running out of Bandwagons to jump on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 07:25 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Well that's it. The AFC is officially a joke right now. There are no good superbowl calibere teams left in the AFC. And to the Charger fans, you know good and well you don't have what it takes to win the Superbowl, and you know you aren't going to make it. The Colts are banged up and one dimensional. The Broncos has some of the worst defense in the league, the same with New England. The Charger, well are the Chargers, and you know they'll choke it up eventually. It is looking like right now the AFC is looking like the weaker conference going into the superbowl. We don't have anymore complete teams. There is no team like the 49ers in the AFC right now.

KC and the Bengals were like the two remaining "complete" teams in the AFC playoffs, and they've both been knocked out. As long as the Broncos lose before they get to the Superbowl I guess I'm happy. I don't really care about the 49ers, but there is no other team in the playoffs who deserve the superbowl more.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:03 PM

The Carolina Panthers are going to take the 9ers out.

Next Bandwagon!

The Chargers are a very confident team right now. They should be. But when they play the Broncos next week, they're not going to get the team that was four days from a grueling win over the Tennessee Titans. I know the Bolts were just as rested, but that was a heck of a game.

I'm glad the Broncos will get to avenge their last loss to the Bolts, but the Broncos are going to lay the wood to the Bolts AFC Mile-High West playoff -style. Now when the Broncos win their divisional game and head to the conference championship, I just wish the Colts and Pats could tie so the Broncos can beat the both of them for the Trifecta Revenge on their way to the first of their two Superbowl Championships.

I know a bunch of you Bronco H8R bandwagoners are coming in here running your smack. Heck, I remember back when I had my first beer too. Have your fun and enjoy. But the typical San Diego Charger fan watching the Bolts v. Broncos in San Diego or anyeverwhere is wearing a Blue and Orange #18 jersey.

Go Broncos! GOOD NIGHT NOW!

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-05-2014 at 09:30 PM..

Old 01-05-2014, 09:31 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:
Well that's it. The AFC is officially a joke right now. There are no good superbowl calibere teams left in the AFC. And to the Charger fans, you know good and well you don't have what it takes to win the Superbowl, and you know you aren't going to make it. The Colts are banged up and one dimensional. The Broncos has some of the worst defense in the league, the same with New England. The Charger, well are the Chargers, and you know they'll choke it up eventually. It is looking like right now the AFC is looking like the weaker conference going into the superbowl. We don't have anymore complete teams. There is no team like the 49ers in the AFC right now.

KC and the Bengals were like the two remaining "complete" teams in the AFC playoffs, and they've both been knocked out. As long as the Broncos lose before they get to the Superbowl I guess I'm happy. I don't really care about the 49ers, but there is no other team in the playoffs who deserve the superbowl more.
The Chiefs were far from a complete team with clear signs of their defensive weakness, ie. very poor deep safety play, going back several games. As a Chiefs fan I'm hoping this is a talent shortcoming and not a coaching shortcoming. If its a coaching shortcoming I'm ready for the bring in Wade Phillips for DC bandwagon to start rolling.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
The Chiefs were far from a complete team with clear signs of their defensive weakness, ie. very poor deep safety play, going back several games. As a Chiefs fan I'm hoping this is a talent shortcoming and not a coaching shortcoming. If its a coaching shortcoming I'm ready for the bring in Wade Phillips for DC bandwagon to start rolling.

It's a coaching limitation. Face it, we've had poor defensive coaching all season in critical games. Marcus Cooper is a bit of a liability but he's young. He'll mature into his position. The Chiefs defensive coaching has always been a liability. I said the same thing when Crenel was the coach. I was not jumping for joy because I knew the Chiefs would probably blow it in the second half. Anyone who has followed this team long enough knows how good the Chiefs are at blowing leads. Clearly we need better defensive coaching. Our system does not work against top tier offenses.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:03 PM

You guys might as well resume your discussion in the Kansas City Chief's Sour-Grapes thread.

Go Broncos.

Quote:
Well that's it. The AFC is officially a joke right now. The Broncos has some of the worst defense in the league, the same with New England.

As long as the Broncos lose before they get to the Superbowl I guess I'm happy.
Speak for your damn selves. The Broncos have playoff experience and success that doesn't date back to Len Dawson.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:49 PM

688 posts, read 897,477 times
Man. Sometimes it's hard being an Ohio sports fan.

After a third try, as much as I've pulled for him, Dalton is not the Bengals' answer at QB.

It also makes me think about how good or bad he actually is. The Bengals are completely loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and Dalton can actually look that bad with those offensive weapons? I think if an elite quarterback like Manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees had the talent that Dalton was working with, they would obliterate even the records that Manning recently set at Denver.... AND have a championship caliber defense.

It's frustrating.

I give the Chargers D props for getting after Dalton, but I think all three of Dalton's turnovers were completely his fault. For one, if you're going to run with the ball, tuck it up and cover. Also, if you're being rushed, don't throw it into double coverage. You're not going to have your weight behind the throw and you have to thread the needle to have a shot at a completion. The guy is the most inconsistent quarterback in football and plays entirely too much like Brett Favre without the talent, taking entirely too many chances.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:57 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:

LOL at the Bengals being a complete team. That's laughable.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 AM

513 posts, read 695,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Carolina Panthers are going to take the 9ers out.

Next Bandwagon!

The Chargers are a very confident team right now. They should be. But when they play the Broncos next week, they're not going to get the team that was four days from a grueling win over the Tennessee Titans. I know the Bolts were just as rested, but that was a heck of a game.

I'm glad the Broncos will get to avenge their last loss to the Bolts, but the Broncos are going to lay the wood to the Bolts AFC Mile-High West playoff -style. Now when the Broncos win their divisional game and head to the conference championship, I just wish the Colts and Pats could tie so the Broncos can beat the both of them for the Trifecta Revenge on their way to the first of their two Superbowl Championships.

I know a bunch of you Bronco H8R bandwagoners are coming in here running your smack. Heck, I remember back when I had my first beer too. Have your fun and enjoy. But the typical San Diego Charger fan watching the Bolts v. Broncos in San Diego or anyeverwhere is wearing a Blue and Orange #18 jersey.

Go Broncos! GOOD NIGHT NOW!
Pretty confident considering the Chargers beat them a few weeks ago. They were too tired after a Titans game? Lol. The reality is the Broncos should smoke the Chargers as they are a much better team. However, they were a few weeks ago too and still lost. Also, as much as Broncos fans hate to admit it, Peyton has a shaky playoff history.

Is it going to be cold in Denver on Sunday?

Old 01-06-2014, 07:18 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
Pretty confident considering the Chargers beat them a few weeks ago. They were too tired after a Titans game? Lol. The reality is the Broncos should smoke the Chargers as they are a much better team. However, they were a few weeks ago too and still lost. Also, as much as Broncos fans hate to admit it, Peyton has a shaky playoff history.

Is it going to be cold in Denver on Sunday?
Looks like its going to be a balmy 49/28 on Sunday, so that will help Peyton....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football