Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 04:36 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

for the money you have to go with the Broncos but I am hoping the Pats find a way to win tomorrow. But I just don't see it happening and like someone said in the media earlier this week, peyton seemed to be on a mission from week 1 of this season which is why I have to give the broncos the edge

pats 20
broncos 35
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 08:53 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
A lot of people have been talking about the Pats run game and rightfully so. However, I think they're really going to test the Broncos secondary as well. Unless, of course, the run game manages to work as well as it has recently.

Bill B. is notorious for attacking weaknesses. The Broncos secondary is in shambles right now, as we saw at the end of the Chargers game.

The Pats have been playing their best ball the last few games. They are on a roll, momentum matters. The Broncos played well last week but not great. It took a superb 3rd and long very late last week to stamp the win. I think its important to be on a roll going into and in the playoffs. I dont get that from the Broncos, but I do see that in the Pats.

The only way the Broncos win is if their offense is really, really on point. And I dont really see that happening. The Pats have be known to give up long plays but overall, their D is not bad. They might give up a play here or there but I see them playing well most of the game and doing enough to keep the Broncos in check. They get turnovers and Manning, lets be honest, isnt at his best turnover wise in the playoffs. He had one, shouldve had two, last week.

Pats 34
Broncos 20

Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Funny video that aired on local Denver tv station about Tom Brady and no high fives.

Tom Brady Gets No Love « CBS Denver

Old 01-19-2014, 09:52 AM

513 posts, read 695,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Funny video that aired on local Denver tv station about Tom Brady and no high fives.

Tom Brady Gets No Love « CBS Denver
Lol, yeah it has been noted in the NE area as well. They even asked Brady and Edelman about it during interviews.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:12 PM
FBJ

If the Pats don't blitz peyton manning on 3rd down then they have no shot.

I am so sick of teams not making an effort to get peyton off the field.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:26 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Broncos!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM
FBJ

Pats loss because

their offense came out throwing instead of running to eat clock and kept manning on the sidelines

their defense only blitzed manning one time on 3rd and long in the 1st half which was the difference in the game

Old 01-19-2014, 05:14 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
The Pats took what the Broncos gave them. Tom made some errant throws but the Broncos dropped some key passes and left some points out there so that's a wash.

Had the Pats blitzed Peyton more, he would have scortched the secondary and the Broncos would have taken those to the house, so that strategy would have been a wash too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I love posts like this one!

Do you want I should go aks him how his foot tastes?

Old 01-19-2014, 05:15 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
A lot of people have been talking about the Pats run game and rightfully so. However, I think they're really going to test the Broncos secondary as well. Unless, of course, the run game manages to work as well as it has recently.

Bill B. is notorious for attacking weaknesses. The Broncos secondary is in shambles right now, as we saw at the end of the Chargers game.

The Pats have been playing their best ball the last few games. They are on a roll, momentum matters. The Broncos played well last week but not great. It took a superb 3rd and long very late last week to stamp the win. I think its important to be on a roll going into and in the playoffs. I dont get that from the Broncos, but I do see that in the Pats.

The only way the Broncos win is if their offense is really, really on point. And I dont really see that happening. The Pats have be known to give up long plays but overall, their D is not bad. They might give up a play here or there but I see them playing well most of the game and doing enough to keep the Broncos in check. They get turnovers and Manning, lets be honest, isnt at his best turnover wise in the playoffs. He had one, shouldve had two, last week.

Pats 34
Broncos 20
I love posts like this one!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:23 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Pats took what the Broncos gave them. Tom made some errant throws but the Broncos dropped some key passes and left some points out there so that's a wash.

Had the Pats blitzed Peyton more, he would have scortched the secondary and the Broncos would have taken those to the house, so that strategy would have been a wash too.

Do you want I should go aks him how his foot tastes?

I don't think that is true because the one time they did blitz manning on 3rd and long they was able to hold them to a FG. So the fact that they didn't do it more is what I feel hurt their chances to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football