U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 11:35 AM

3,236 posts, read 1,602,978 times

Advertisements

When I first saw the field in Green Bay I thought they dyed the field brown...I have a feeling it was like playing on concrete.

Good wins for both the 49ers and the Saints. I think they both have theirwork cut out for them this coming weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I think the Panthers game is going to be very difficult for the Niners. In terms of the factor of being on the road, this will be the game that could catch up to them, because they'll be traveling from coast to coast. The Panthers are an extremely physical team, and Kap's game wasn't impressive. I think Harbaugh needs at least two or three designed run plays for Kap if they are to be successful. The Panthers will be waiting for it, I'm sure, so the 49ers have to pick their moments to turn Kap loose. Hard to call a winner. I've felt that the 49ers are the best team in the NFL, but the margin between winning and losing is razor thin, and it gets thinner with each passing week in the post-season. The thing that works in the 49ers favor is that they should be able to stop the Panthers offense. If they can't and if Newton has a big day, I think the Niners are screwed. But I'll take them to win a close one in Charlotte.
It seems like the 49ers have been living on the edge for the past four games...wining late, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, most good teams win close games. But traveling to Carolina next week may be one game too many for late game comebacks. I take the Panthers in a very close game.

Quote:
New Orleans vs. Seattle. I know people love Seattle for the obvious reasons. Playing at home. Beat New Orleans down pretty badly only a few weeks ago. I think you can throw that out the window. The Saints are a veteran team with leaders and skilled players on both sides of the ball. The Saints have better coaches. I would not at all be surprised to see New Orleans win this. I'll have to choose Seattle, but it will be tighter than people think.
Yes, with way Seattle offense has struggled of late it will be a very close game, but Seattle defense, especially their DB against Brees, I have to give the edge to Seattle.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:15 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
I'm thinking that 49ers may have trouble with the Panthers, looking back at their season, they have had quite a few close games and field goals. Best of luck to both teams.

The field at Lambeau is heated, but the grass still doesn't stay green in winter. This article explains it, field actually has a sand base and is not frozen!

Packers' 'Frozen Tundra' won't actually be frozen for playoff game - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

Old 01-06-2014, 05:45 PM

568 posts, read 566,605 times
49ers @ Seahawks for the NFC title.

Chargers @ Patriots for the AFC title.

My picks.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:09 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,879,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm thinking that 49ers may have trouble with the Panthers, looking back at their season, they have had quite a few close games and field goals. Best of luck to both teams.

The field at Lambeau is heated, but the grass still doesn't stay green in winter. This article explains it, field actually has a sand base and is not frozen!

Packers' 'Frozen Tundra' won't actually be frozen for playoff game - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

I think there are two side for the Niners. One is, the defense will play great. The other is the offense will move well, but has to score TDs instead of field goals. I can certainly see Carolina winning the game, but wouldnt be surprised if the Niners blow them out either.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:39 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
I thought the way the game started 49ers would blow out the Packers, be ahead 14-0 but they settled for 2 FGs, kept the Packers in the game. Packers red zone isn't what it was for whatever this season, but I was surprised the Packers patch work defense, with so many players out, were able to hold them. I don't think they can play that way, beat the Panthers.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:40 AM

DC NFC championship games

New Orleans @ Seattle

San Francisco @ Carolina

WC 2-2.... for the year overall 173-86-1

Old 01-11-2014, 05:53 PM

1,269 posts, read 1,508,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post

My picks.
I like your picks!!!

Old 01-12-2014, 02:09 PM

22,876 posts, read 19,303,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post

My picks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I like your picks!!!
Good picks, Iced Coffee. So far so good.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:49 PM

5,684 posts, read 8,129,663 times
On to Seattle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football