U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 09:52 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times

Advertisements

Oh, sure, good for you! I'm looking at flags whipping around, wind out of the north, snow flurries!

Good luck to the Eagles today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 05:06 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,862 times
And Arizona won 10 games and missed the playoffs... What a shame! This team was very exciting to watch this year.

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 12-30-2013 at 05:22 AM..

Old 12-30-2013, 05:18 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,936 times
Arizona won 10 games.
I am not sure of the specifics but after the Saints won, i thought the Cards were eliminated regardless of the outcome.. so even if they had won that game (11) they would still be watching the playoffs from home. 10 games will get you in the playoffs most seasons and 11 will 9 out of 10 times.. in this case, it would not have.

I could be wrong about the playoff scenario with the Cardinals but i thought the 49ers had already sewed up at least a Wild Card as had the Saints after they beat the Bucs so in the end, the Cards were merely playing for pride but perhaps no one on the sidelines knew the Saints final score.. i doubt that though..

Old 12-30-2013, 05:23 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Arizona won 10 games.
I am not sure of the specifics but after the Saints won, i thought the Cards were eliminated regardless of the outcome.. so even if they had won that game (11) they would still be watching the playoffs from home. 10 games will get you in the playoffs most seasons and 11 will 9 out of 10 times.. in this case, it would not have.

I could be wrong about the playoff scenario with the Cardinals but i thought the 49ers had already sewed up at least a Wild Card as had the Saints after they beat the Bucs so in the end, the Cards were merely playing for pride but perhaps no one on the sidelines knew the Saints final score.. i doubt that though..
No... You are exactly right. I meant to say 10 but yeah as you said even 11 would not have put them in which is a shame. They were exciting to watch and Bruce Arians did an excellent job this year!

Old 12-30-2013, 09:01 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,608 times
Playoffs are here. Will post full predictions later, but my initial off-the-cuff picks are as follows:

New Orleans over Philly -- Philly definitely capable of winning and Brees and the Saints offense is much less comfortable on the road than in the Dome; however, as good as Philly's offense is, the thing I've noticed about them is that they don't really stretch the field too well with the passing game. It seems like a lot of dink and dunk is used to set up the occasional long throw. The Saints front four can keep the Eagles honest. I think the Saints pull out a close one in hostile territory.

49ers over the Packers -- Aaron Rodgers is great, but the 49ers have had the Packers number for the last few years, and they're just a far more physical team than this current Packers team is comfortable playing against. The weather might be a factor, but I like the 49ers to take control of the game in the 2nd half.

Chargers v Bengals is a tossup to me. I'd probably take the Bengals, but Dalton was really sloppy yesterday. If he can get that game out of his system, then maybe the Bengals win but I wouldn't be surprised to see San Diego take it, either.

Colts over Chiefs -- Reid's a great coach and he's got a lot of solid players on that team to build a foundation for the future, but the Colts are probably just the better football team this year. It'll be closer than the last time they met, but I still like the Colts.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:59 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,848,953 times
I like the Eagles over the Saints, only because the refs are too scared while working in Philly.

49ers are just too tough for the Pack. I predict a SF blowout. Sorry GB fans, but if you can't sweep the Lions, then you can't beat the 49ers.

I like the Bengals to go to the second round of the playoffs. Their helmets are cooler.

The Chefs know how to make ribs really well there in KC, and they're not too bad at football either. I think this is the game to watch. I'm calling this game to go right to the wire, with that team from Missouri eeking one out in the end.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:08 AM

16,527 posts, read 20,980,909 times
For the next couple weeks I'll make both conference playoff threads "stickies" until the conference championship games conclude.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:33 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,936 times
DH,
could you make a 'PITY PARTY' sticky post for those fans whose teams didn't make the Playoffs!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
And Arizona won 10 games and missed the playoffs... What a shame! This team was very exciting to watch this year.
Agreed - I'm not even an AZ fan but a part of me was hoping they'd somehow squeak their way in. They were among the best teams in the NFL the second half of the season. They had the misfortune of playing SF in their final game. I think Niners are possible the best team in the NFL this year, but the Cardinals would compete with anyone.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I like the Eagles over the Saints, only because the refs are too scared while working in Philly.

49ers are just too tough for the Pack. I predict a SF blowout. Sorry GB fans, but if you can't sweep the Lions, then you can't beat the 49ers.

I like the Bengals to go to the second round of the playoffs. Their helmets are cooler.

The Chefs know how to make ribs really well there in KC, and they're not too bad at football either. I think this is the game to watch. I'm calling this game to go right to the wire, with that team from Missouri eeking one out in the end.
I don't think SF wins in a blow out. The Packers are an extremely well-coached team, so I'd never overlook them completely. Still, what it comes down to is coaching AND physical power and the ability to impose wills, and the 49ers just have a better ability to impose their will over the Pack than vice versa. Not having Matthews is especially problematic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football