U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will KC set the record for biggest increase in wins?
Yes 3 50.00%
No 3 50.00%
Tie the record 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,805,910 times

Advertisements

From what I can google it seems that is currently set at 10 by a few teams. KC is already +7 with 7 games to go. Their schedule is certainly not an easy one the rest of the way. Two games against Denver and one against Indy will be tough. San Diego has the ability to play well. Even Washington is showing signs of life. Will they set the all time turn around record?

Remaining games:

@Denver
San Diego
Denver
@Washington
@Oakland
Indianapolis
@San Diego
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 PM

536 posts, read 473,161 times
I'm gonna guess by game:

@Denver - L
San Diego - W
Denver - W
@Washington - L
@Oakland - W
Indianapolis - L
@San Diego - L

So by that logic...I guess I think they will!

Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 PM

7,411 posts, read 11,572,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
From what I can google it seems that is currently set at 10 by a few teams. KC is already +7 with 7 games to go. Their schedule is certainly not an easy one the rest of the way. Two games against Denver and one against Indy will be tough. San Diego has the ability to play well. Even Washington is showing signs of life. Will they set the all time turn around record?

Remaining games:

@Denver
San Diego
Denver
@Washington
@Oakland
Indianapolis
@San Diego
I give them 4 more wins for a final record of 13-3. So, that gets it done. Not going to the Superbowl though.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
I'm gonna guess by game:

@Denver - L
San Diego - W
Denver - W
@Washington - L
@Oakland - W
Indianapolis - L
@San Diego - L

That would actually tie the record at 10, not beat it.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:58 PM

4,370 posts, read 5,150,702 times
Quote:
I'm gonna guess by game:

@Denver - L
San Diego - W
Denver - W
@Washington - L
@Oakland - W
Indianapolis - L
@San Diego - L

What?! You can't be serious.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:02 PM

10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Those are not unreasonable forecasts, actually. Especially if the Chargers, currently a bubble team, need a win to get into the playoffs. As for the Redskins, they can run on just about anyone. The Chiefs defense, as good as it is, is vulnerable to the run. And unlike the parade of backup QBs the Chiefs have face, guys like RGIII and Alfred Morris will be able to exploit that weakness and finish drives with scores. Even FGs are going to keep you in games against the Chiefs.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:06 PM

536 posts, read 473,161 times
Quote:
Did you see the Chiefs get lucky to squeek by the Bills and their 3rd string QB this week? I sure did. I saw a team that looks very ordinary when the opponent manages to contain Jamal Charles.

I don't know what it is now, but I believe before the last game the winning percentage of the opponents they had faced was 38%.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:30 PM

4,370 posts, read 5,150,702 times
Quote:
Did you see the Chiefs get lucky to squeek by the Bills and their 3rd string QB this week? I sure did. I saw a team that looks very ordinary when the opponent manages to contain Jamal Charles.

I don't know what it is now, but I believe before the last game the winning percentage of the opponents they had faced was 38%.

So when the defense steps up, it's "luck" all of a sudden. OMG, the Chiefs will get no credit EVER. Seriously, we had a scoring defense that game. I mean the KC offense isn't really all that. It's the DEFENSE winning games for the Chiefs. Jamaal Charles is definitely the best tool in the Chief's offense, but make no mistake the defense is where the Chiefs make their money.

I don't see Phillip Rivers or RG3 doing anything to the Chiefs defense. I mean the Skins BARELY beat the Raiders, so what do you think the Chiefs are going to do to them. Oh and did you forget, the Chargers LOST to the Raiders. If they can't get past the Raiders, I doubt seriously they're going to do much to the Chiefs.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
So when the defense steps up, it's "luck" all of a sudden. OMG, the Chiefs will get no credit EVER. Seriously, we had a scoring defense that game. I mean the KC offense isn't really all that. It's the DEFENSE winning games for the Chiefs. Jamaal Charles is definitely the best tool in the Chief's offense, but make no mistake the defense is where the Chiefs make their money.

I don't see Phillip Rivers or RG3 doing anything to the Chiefs defense. I mean the Skins BARELY beat the Raiders, so what do you think the Chiefs are going to do to them. Oh and did you forget, the Chargers LOST to the Raiders. If they can't get past the Raiders, I doubt seriously they're going to do much to the Chiefs.
You can't start the whole they couldn't beat team X so they have no shot. It is meaningless. If we used that logic Denver would be undefeated and many games would have gone different than reality.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:52 PM

10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You can't start the whole they couldn't beat team X so they have no shot. It is meaningless. If we used that logic Denver would be undefeated and many games would have gone different than reality.
I definitely agree. That kind of analysis is a circular firing squad. It ignores the reality that every game pretty much takes on its own dynamic. A better analysis is strengths and weaknesses head-to-head. This is why I think the Redskins can beat the Chiefs. The Redskins are a good running team and the Chiefs run defense is nothing special.

The Chargers are good enough to split the series, especially if they are trying to get into the playoffs in that final game.

I also give both the Broncos and Colts a solid chance of going into KC and beating the Chiefs. But I can just as easily see the Chiefs winning those games as well.

All told, I think the Chiefs finish 12-4, which is darn impressive coming after 2-14.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or