U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:46 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times

Advertisements

Good point! I mentioned much more going on in Falconland than injuries and heard the same story again, no one to throw the ball to, etc.! All QBs deal with their fav targets being out of the game, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and they still play well.

Ryan isn't there yet, nor is Flacco. I'm not overly impressed with either of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 08:52 AM

9,029 posts, read 16,446,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Enough with the constant excuses for Atlanta who benefitted last year from the easiest schedule in the league and caught a rival on a down year. The truth is they are one of the least injured teams this year, have an over-rated QB who disappears in the playoffs and have a terrible coach.

NFL Man Games Lost November 26, 2013 | Man Games Lost
Those numbers look way off - also interesting that they account for "active but not used" ........ what do they mean by active? Guys who are on the 53 roster but aren't part of the Sunday active list? Guys who are active on Sunday and simply don't touch the field? If a team carries a 3rd QB on their active roster they are probably going to have 11 more missed man games because of that decision than a team that carries 2 as the 3rd QB pretty much never touches field for most team

I think they were trying to be a bit too ambitious and really that list isn't reflecting injury impact

Old 11-27-2013, 09:04 AM

21,367 posts, read 21,930,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Those numbers look way off - also interesting that they account for "active but not used" ........ what do they mean by active? Guys who are on the 53 roster but aren't part of the Sunday active list? Guys who are active on Sunday and simply don't touch the field? If a team carries a 3rd QB on their active roster they are probably going to have 11 more missed man games because of that decision than a team that carries 2 as the 3rd QB pretty much never touches field for most team

I think they were trying to be a bit too ambitious and really that list isn't reflecting injury impact

while the inactive players are part of the list, most of that quanity would tend to be the same for each team from week to week, the difference would then leave injuries, suspensions, personal leave of absences, etc.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:32 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,960,425 times
Quote:
Enough with the constant excuses for Atlanta who benefitted last year from the easiest schedule in the league and caught a rival on a down year. The truth is they are one of the least injured teams this year, have an over-rated QB who disappears in the playoffs and have a terrible coach.

NFL Man Games Lost November 26, 2013 | Man Games Lost
LOL @ the "least injured" part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Ya think?

We saw today what the impact one player can have (see GB 57 yards, Detroit 457 yards)...how many games has Atlanta not had Julio Jones... Roddy White... Steven Jackson... how many yards and touchdowns is that? About 3000 and 30... that's how many. The team also lost a few from the OL and a handful of defensive starters as well.

I really don't care anymore... I knew the season was over in week 4, but to say they are the least impacted by injuries is absurd. Matt Ryan is throwing to a pair of wideouts who played for ITT Tech last year for crying out loud...

Quote:
Enough with the constant excuses for Atlanta who benefitted last year from the easiest schedule in the league
I heard that a lot last season... are you gonna bash the Seahawks the same way when they lose in the playoffs?

Let's examine the 10-1 start shall we?

@ Carolina W 12-7 (a lucky fumble inside the 5 saved them.. should have lost this game... they caught the 8-3 Panthers during their 1-3 start... would love to see a rematch)

49ers W 29-3 (again at the right time and at home... haven't beat SF in SF since 2008.. we'll see next week)

Jaguars W 45-17 (Jags 2-9)

Texans W 23-20 (spotted another 2-9 20 points and came back to win... wouldn't happen against any decent team)

Colts L 34-28 (another choke job,only this time they didn't come back against some scrub team)

Titans W 20-13 (dominated by a 5-6 team, came back in 2nd half)

Cardinals W 34-22 (A win over a 3-4 team who is now 7-4... rematch upcoming)

Rams W 14-9 (dominated by a 3rd string QB in yet another game that should have been a loss)

Bucs W 27-24 (dominated and down 21 points to an 0-8 team at HOME... too bad they weren't playing anyone good)

Falcons W 33-10 (Falcons 2-9)

Vikings W 34-10 (Vikings 2-8-1)

So are ya gonna bash Seattle too? I mean, who have they played? The Panthers 3 months ago? The 49ers 3 months ago? The Colts which was a loss? Beyond that all I see are bunch of teams that were sub .500 when Seattle played them. Seattle is 10-1 against teams with a cumulative 49-69-1 record this season.

At least when they lose in the playoffs you can say "Seattle benefitted from an easy schedule." They are just as overrated as Atlanta was last season...

Old 11-28-2013, 07:39 PM

289 posts, read 425,151 times
Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburg Steelers! He is on all of these shampoo commercials and has not done a damn thing since Bill Cowher coached the team.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:42 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,960,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Good point! I mentioned much more going on in Falconland than injuries and heard the same story again, no one to throw the ball to, etc.! All QBs deal with their fav targets being out of the game, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and they still play well.

Ryan isn't there yet, nor is Flacco. I'm not overly impressed with either of them.
... too bad the Packers don't play well without Rodgers.

What's going on in Packerland nowadays? 57 yards of offense?

So lets see... the Falcons keep their QB and lose his playmaking WR's and RB's but that not a legit reason for the team being 2-9?

What's the excuse for the Pack being 0-4-1 without Rodgers?

Ummm...not having Rodgers?

Old 11-29-2013, 05:31 AM

21,208 posts, read 30,427,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

So lets see... the Falcons keep their QB and lose his playmaking WR's and RB's but that not a legit reason for the team being 2-9?

I don't get it either as Packer fans seem to think as soon as he returns there'll be a magical run into the playoffs. Based on yesterday's performance I would say not. If they rely on him that heavily as a leader I would really question the team chemistry/commitment and inability of the coaching staff to motivate.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:45 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
No doubt he hides issues with the team, I've posted that several places. There is going to be no magic with the way the defense and o-line is playing. Their pass rush, d stats were better before he got injured but look who they were playing. They beat Detroit with Megatron in the lineup, no secrets there.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:27 PM

536 posts, read 473,306 times
They'll be better with Rodgers....but let's be real, even when he was healthy, that team was not playing up to standard and were lucky to squeek out some of the wins they did.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:26 PM

3,243 posts, read 1,608,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

Its obvious...the Packers are a 'one' player team they have nothing with out Rodgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football