U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 12:25 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times

Advertisements

Right...but even Brady has proven at times this season he needs something, because they have struggled on offense as well. Having Gronk back seemed to help Brady out of his funk

But my point with Ryan is everytime the Falcons came on TV at home, the announcers would recite that stupid home won-loss stat--like only Ryan had something to do with it. It is obvious this year he needs help, and that they should start saying stuff like,

"Julio Jones is x-x at home."

"Adrian Peterson is x-x at home."

Peterson should most def get that stat because his QBs have been horrible. It is a miracle they can win games at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 07:15 AM

3,174 posts, read 4,637,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Right...but even Brady has proven at times this season he needs something, because they have struggled on offense as well. Having Gronk back seemed to help Brady out of his funk

But my point with Ryan is everytime the Falcons came on TV at home, the announcers would recite that stupid home won-loss stat--like only Ryan had something to do with it. It is obvious this year he needs help, and that they should start saying stuff like,

"Julio Jones is x-x at home."

"Adrian Peterson is x-x at home."

Peterson should most def get that stat because his QBs have been horrible. It is a miracle they can win games at all!
I so agree with you on AP. If he was on a team with even a marginally better passing attack his numbers would be staggering. He's the Barry Sanders of todays NFL. Spectacular talent surrounded by mediocrity.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:51 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,021,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Take away the playmakers and production goes down... I think that would apply to pretty much any QB, except maybe Tom Brady. LOL
Huh? You've seen Brady's overall numbers this year, right?

Old 11-15-2013, 01:04 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,954,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Huh? You've seen Brady's overall numbers this year, right?
No I haven't. I just know they are 7-2 with a bunch of receivers nobody has heard of. Gronk was gone for a while... Welker left... Hernandez is in jail... that's what I meant when I said Brady could lose his playmakers and still win.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:15 PM

9,028 posts, read 16,426,519 times
Brady definitely isn't having a "Brady" year.

He's 14th in YPG, 27th in Yards Per Attempt, 27th in Completion Percentage, 13th with a bunch of others in TDs while doing a reasonably good job of protecting the ball with 6 Ints - all of this leads him to be the 19th rated QB in the league ........ his best game by far was the week before they went to bye when both Gronk & Amendola were out there - he went 23/33 (70%) for 432 and 4 TDs (0 Ints) .... basically double his prior season average for YPG & YPA, close to 15% better on completion ... as far as TDs he entered that game with 9 and left with 13

Old 11-15-2013, 03:40 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,021,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
No I haven't. I just know they are 7-2 with a bunch of receivers nobody has heard of. Gronk was gone for a while... Welker left... Hernandez is in jail... that's what I meant when I said Brady could lose his playmakers and still win.
Finger Laker posted the stats for you.

The Pats could still go 11-5 without Brady.

Brady is great, but don't go around giving him all the credit for the 7-2 this year. I give most of it to Belichick, as usual.

By saying "Brady" can go 7-2 and win isn't giving any credit to the rest of the team at all. More than just the QB goes out there. And even if the receivers "suck," they still have to catch the ball.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:45 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,954,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

The Pats could still go 11-5 without Brady.

Brady is great, but don't go around giving him all the credit for the 7-2 this year. I give most of it to Belichick, as usual.
As said, I'm impressed with the fact they are 7-2 given the losses on the offensive side... and Wilfork too.

Brady and Belichick both deserve the credit... although I'm not sure the Patriots would go 11-5 with Matt Flynn.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 PM

832 posts, read 957,542 times
I agree with your list. However, Richard Sherman is a top 3 corner in the NFL. You can't even argue against that. So how does that make him overrated? One thing I learned from an old supervisor of mine.....

People lie numbers dont.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:18 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
With the NFL media coverage, internet, statistics available, numbers can be skewed to support any viewpoint. Statistics don't win games.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:02 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
I'm more impressed the Patriots are holding up without Wilfork.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football