Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:57 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Drew Brees - This one was hard to put on here. It's kind of a tale of two players. If you are looking at Drew Brees in a nice climate-controlled dome, especially at home in the Super Dome, he earns every bit of the praise he gets. Put him under pressure in a cold outdoor environment and he looks average at best. True great QBs have to be able to win in every environment.

Peyton Manning - Now read this before you jump on me. Peyton Manning is an incredible QB, one of the best in the NFL and has been for over a decade. Mad respect to him for that. But here is my problem, many analysts have gone as far as to call him the greatest to ever play the game...and yet he own one of the worst postseason records of any QB....ever, at 9-11. 8 of those losses were one and outs. His only Super Bowl win came over Rex Grossman, after winning the AFC Title game over the Patriots thanks to a Pass Interference penalty that the NFL would later say was incorrect. The game before that, he could not score a single TD against the Ravens. In his second Super Bowl appearance, he threw a 70+ yard pick-six to seal the loss.

If you need someone to pile up 400 yards and 4 TDs on the Titans in October, Tony Romo is your guy. If you need a guy to deliver on the biggest stages....look elsewhere.

Thanks for the good laugh not only adding both these names but trying to justify why you chose them.... LOL!.... Oh and I corrected that last sentence for you.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
Mike Vick.

I was going to start a thread on Vick being overrated. I doubt if Atlanta would be happy to get him back.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:42 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Mike Vick.

I was going to start a thread on Vick being overrated. I doubt if Atlanta would be happy to get him back.
Philadelphia can keep him. We've been happy with Matt Ryan... at least until this season when he has pretty much proven that he can't throw to anyone that isn't wearing a #11 or #84 jersey... despite the fact he's $100M richer.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:02 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Philadelphia can keep him. We've been happy with Matt Ryan... at least until this season when he has pretty much proven that he can't throw to anyone that isn't wearing a #11 or #84 jersey... despite the fact he's $100M richer.
To be fair, Ryan lost Julio Jones and Roddy White has missed most of the season. Even when White has been out there, he's been at less than 100%. The running game has been flat out awful for Atlanta (I think they're in the bottom 5 of the NFL), as Jackson's injury has taken its toll. I am not saying Ryan should not shoulder any of the blame, because he should, but he's also had some big things go against him.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:14 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
To be fair, Ryan lost Julio Jones and Roddy White has missed most of the season. Even when White has been out there, he's been at less than 100%. The running game has been flat out awful for Atlanta (I think they're in the bottom 5 of the NFL), as Jackson's injury has taken its toll. I am not saying Ryan should not shoulder any of the blame, because he should, but he's also had some big things go against him.
Oh I know.. injuries have decimated the team this year. I'm just in shock is all... shock over how unbelievably bad the Falcons are.

13-3 to 2-14 and the #1 pick?

Go Jacksonville!

Old 11-21-2013, 03:54 PM

815 posts, read 736,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'd take Peyton over Brady or Big Ben any day of the week. He's a pure passer, best at reading defenses, and the most dangerous QB in a two minute crunch. Let's not forget how many games were gifted to the Patriots on bad or missed calls. Without the tuck rule Brady has one less title. Brady and Montana also had the luxury of a much better defense.

And without "faceguarding" which is not a rule at all....Peyton would not even have one title. What's your point? And Brady had a better defense because Manning's teams spent entire drafts and large portions of the salary cap on offensive weapons that helped him pile up the ridiculous stats he has. Yet it took a mistaken penalty for him to beat Brady in Indianapolis, despite the fact that Brady's best weapon was Reche Caldwell.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, Brady's defense has consistently ranked in the bottom part of the NFL for the last few years. Put Brady on the Broncos this year and he matches Peyton's numbers or exceeds them, put Peyton on the Pats, and they are a 9-7 team at best.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:36 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Quote:
And Brady had a better defense because Manning's teams spent entire drafts ....... on offensive weapons
This isn't true at all

The year they took Peyton they also took offensive players in the first 4 rounds - 2nd rounder Jerome Pathon is the only one of note

The next year they grabbed Edge James in the 1st (a great pick) and an OG in the 3rd - the rest of that draft was Defense aside from a punter

The next year was all defense except an OG in the 5th round

Next year they took Reggie Wayne with the first round pick - only other offensive players were an OT in the 4th and a OG in the 7th

Next year 8 picks - 7 on defense including dwight freeny in the first .... an RB in the 6th is the exception this year

The next year they grabbed Dallas Clark in the 1st, hit on Mathis in the 5th and picked an OG in the 4th and OT in the 6th to go with 4 other defenders not named Mathis

This goes on and on

From the draft following when Peyton was selected through his last year in Indy in the first 3 rounds of the draft the Colts selected 10 offensive players against 22 defensive players - their drafts on a the whole swung heavy towards defense ............ they just missed on a whole lot of those picks

Old 11-21-2013, 06:56 PM

815 posts, read 736,742 times
Defensive ranks by year, 2002-2009, yes, Peyton was so deprived.

Year Rank
Pats 17th
Colts 7th Edge Colts

Pats 1st Edge Pats
Colts 20th

Pats 2nd Edge Pats
Colts 19th

Pats 17th
Colts 2nd Edge Colts

Pats 2nd Edge Pats
Colts 23rd

Pats 4th
Colts 1st Edge Colts

Pats 8th
Colts 7th Edge Colts

Pats 7th
Colts 5th Edge Colts

Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Tony Romo. He is great in getting fantasy points but otherwise he is not a good player.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Defensive ranks by year, 2002-2009, yes, Peyton was so deprived.

Year Rank
Pats 17th
Colts 7th Edge Colts

Pats 1st Edge Pats
Colts 20th

Pats 2nd Edge Pats
Colts 19th

Pats 17th
Colts 2nd Edge Colts

Pats 2nd Edge Pats
Colts 23rd

Pats 4th
Colts 1st Edge Colts

Pats 8th
Colts 7th Edge Colts

Pats 7th
Colts 5th Edge Colts
Those ranks look fishy? Where are you getting them and what are they measuring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football