U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 03:07 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,952,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Don't misunderstand - I'm glad you posted the video - it just added more to Williams' hypocrisy about being offended at a referee.
Ahhhhhhhhhh.... now I got ya.

You are right... I did... and I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 05:36 PM

23,626 posts, read 33,408,180 times
Quote:
I didn't need the video - but that just makes his remarks much worse.
I, to this day, think Sherman should have kicked his a*& for that cheap shot. Trent needs to shut up. I'll let a ref call me anything to get his game check.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 AM

28,433 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Uh-oh - not the first time for this ref...

Pereira: Roy Ellison previously accused of verbal abuse

Fox Sports analyst Mike Pereira revealed Monday on "Fox Football Daily" that he once spoke with Ellison in connection with a similar incident when Pereira was the NFL's vice president of officiating.

"Years ago, he allegedly shouted and swore at players, and it was a big issue that I had to deal with," Pereira said of Ellison, the NFL's only full-time umpire. "I actually had to talk to him in the office to make sure that none of this is going on."

"So the fact that this happened twice now with the same individual has to really concern the league. And I know that they're taking a strong look at this."

Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,225,496 times
Quote:
Uh-oh - not the first time for this ref...

Pereira: Roy Ellison previously accused of verbal abuse

Fox Sports analyst Mike Pereira revealed Monday on "Fox Football Daily" that he once spoke with Ellison in connection with a similar incident when Pereira was the NFL's vice president of officiating.

"Years ago, he allegedly shouted and swore at players, and it was a big issue that I had to deal with," Pereira said of Ellison, the NFL's only full-time umpire. "I actually had to talk to him in the office to make sure that none of this is going on."

"So the fact that this happened twice now with the same individual has to really concern the league. And I know that they're taking a strong look at this."
Apparently Ellison has had a history of handing out verbal abuse. I don't condone this type of behavior if it's player to player, but the fact that this is an official, I think they should be held at a higher standard. These guys are basically policing football games to make sure the game is being played legally - there is no excuse for an official to curse at players or anybody for that matter.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM

28,433 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Apparently Ellison has had a history of handing out verbal abuse. I don't condone this type of behavior if it's player to player, but the fact that this is an official, I think they should be held at a higher standard. These guys are basically policing football games to make sure the game is being played legally - there is no excuse for an official to curse at players or anybody for that matter.
I give them some latitude because they hear from the players and coaches all of the time. It definitely should not be the norm.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:05 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,742,240 times
You know every single teammate now calls him garbage a@@.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:12 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,161,233 times
Aw, the poor, wilting little flower...

Old 11-19-2013, 03:26 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,560,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
No coincidence that the team in question is Washington and they will continue to be slapped around by the league and get screwed on calls for the foreseeable future, it serves them right.
huh?

Old 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,392,796 times
Ref's just trying to tough you up, Trent. Man up!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 PM

14,540 posts, read 22,402,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
huh?
I think you already responded to this one in post #5. We call that a resentment... resend, re-feel. I disagree with the comment too.

Oh no wait! That was SkinsGuy. You're SkinsFan. Never noticed there were two of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football