U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 01:15 PM

6,839 posts, read 7,904,721 times

Advertisements

Did I read that correctly just now? I've been busy slaving away behind the stove.

Total yardage:
Green Bay - 57
Detroit - 487

Wow! I guess one player really can make or break a team!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 01:47 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
Worst game I've seen them play, absolutely awful! Pathetic really, with or without Sitton's comments beforehand.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:19 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,960,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Worst game I've seen them play, absolutely awful! Pathetic really, with or without Sitton's comments beforehand.
I see NBC flexed the Falcons/Packers game next week in favor of Carolina/New Orleans.

When asked then NBC rep said "because they both suck."

(I'm kidding)

Welcome to the club. It's amazing how quickly a team's season can go down in flames when you lose a key player... or players.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:02 PM

I knew that early on (posted it somewhere), could see it coming and after the game today, no big surprise! Packers are a mess, when the center went down, TJ has to play and he is not a center, not at all. He does the job, barely. Packers have nowhere enough depth at some critical positions. The tackling is still a problem, grabbing someone with a swipe of your arm just isn't going to cut it.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:06 PM

10,701 posts, read 11,108,112 times
The turkey is almost done! Just about another hour on the smoker wrapped in foil and soaking in a brown sugar and vinegar solution!
Attached Thumbnails
NFL week 13 picks-thanksgiving-turkey.jpg  

Old 11-29-2013, 11:11 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,502,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I see NBC flexed the Falcons/Packers game next week in favor of Carolina/New Orleans.

When asked then NBC rep said "because they both suck."

(I'm kidding)

Welcome to the club. It's amazing how quickly a team's season can go down in flames when you lose a key player... or players.
It's Week 14, December 8, the first time the Panthers will be playing the Saints this year. Pretty remarkable.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:30 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,502,743 times
I'm making Thursday's now and I'll edit this sometime before Sunday to include the rest. Rest of my picks this week, which I currently sit at 2-1. Why oh why did I screw myself and pick the Packers??

Green Bay @ Detroit. New year same old Lions. They were given the perfect opportunity to win the division, gift-wrapped for them and handed to them on a silver-platter with the Vikings sucking and the Bears and Packers BOTH losing their starting QB's right around the same time. And they still blew it! Now I have no clue who's starting for Packers, but if Flynn starts I think he can put up some big numbers. And the Lions have been awful on Thanksgiving this millennium. Granted they've had worse teams and the division was much better (healthier anyways), but I'll take Green Bay by a touchdown.
Oakland @ Dallas. Besides Cowboys & raiders fans, is anyone really excited about watching this game?? This is the Raiders second trip to Texas in 3 weeks after they visited Houston to play the Texans week 11. TBH, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the Cowboys lay a complete egg because this is the perfect opportunity (coming off a big divisional road win, at home against a team they should crush, have the Bears in Chicago week 14 so likely looking ahead, Raiders have nothing to lose because everyone expects them to get killed, so Dennis Allen could potentially open the playbook to some trick plays). I still think the Cowboys win, but this is probably a lot closer than people think it should be (see Chargers Chiefs from last week, except in this case, the Cowboys hold the late lead the Chiefs couldn't)
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore. Pretty much an elimination game, though the Steelers are a lot more safe than the Ravens would be as they'd own the tiebreaker over the Ravens. Ravens lose this, can't see them making the playoffs this year. Ravens get the 2 TD win at home in their all black uniforms. Dating back to the 2010 season, the road team has won 4 of the last 6 in the series.
Jacksonville @ Cleveland. Jags are playing well, and I think it was No1Browns fan that said earlier in the thread, Weeden is not capable of leading an NFL franchise.
Tennessee @ Indianapolis. Colts have been awful, and the Titans are going into the tough part of their schedule. I think the Colts win by a TD at home.
Chicago @ Minnesota. Pretty much a must win for the Bears. They get it done.
Miami @ NY Jets. Geno Smith sucks, but they get the win at home to stay in the race, at least for another week or 2.
Arizona @ Philadelphia. Who thought even 5 weeks ago, this would be the best game in the NFC this week?? Even with the horrible Eagles D, I don't see the Cards keeping up with the Eagles in a shootout.
Tampa Bay @ Carolina. Panthers continue to roll.
New England @ Houston. About the ONLY thing the Texans have going for them is the Pats are probably on huge letdown alert coming off their huge comeback win over the Broncos which is probably why the spread is so low. Not sure what it's at now, but I believe it only opened at -8. No reason the Pats shouldn't win by 20+ though. Even if they have a sluggish first half, they should pour it on in the second.
Atlanta @ Buffalo (being played in Toronto). Falcons have to keep up with the Texans for #1 pick as both maybe passed by the Jags by the end of the day. Wouldn't that put a cap on a weird and wacky season, if week 13 ends with the Jags holding a better record than the Falcons and Texans, 2 trendy super bowl picks, while the Jags were a good bet to not only win the #1 pick in a landslide, but maybe even 0-16 in the process.
St.Louis @ San Francisco. Tevin Austin is an absolute beast, but the Niners defense can slow him down. They keep pace with the NFC participants in the playoff chase.
Denver @ Kansas City. Kansas City wins the rematch at home.
Cincinnati @ San Diego. Cincinnati is playing horrible, and absolutely hate them in the spot going out to the West Coast. Usually their dreadful in this spot.
NY Giants @ Washington. Why didn't NBC flex this out in place of Arizona/Philly?? Much better (and more implications towards the playoffs) than this matchup between 2 highly underachieving divisional rivals. I know CBS protected Denver/KC 2.0 because they had the national TV game this week, FOX couldn't have done the same with Arizona/philly could they??

New Orleans @ Seattle. At home, in one of the best, if not THE best home stadium in football. Monday night. Saints outdoors, never a good thing when they get out of a dome. Seahawks roll. Close for a half or so, but Seahawks run away in the second.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:26 AM

My apologies for your Packer pick! I pick them, because I am a homer but oh, boy, they really are a big mess! I picked the Steelers as well this is not going to be a good week for me.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:40 AM

6,779 posts, read 10,184,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
My apologies for your Packer pick! I pick them, because I am a homer but oh, boy, they really are a big mess! I picked the Steelers as well this is not going to be a good week for me.
It can't be worse than my 5 last week.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:42 AM

10,701 posts, read 11,108,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
It can't be worse than my 5 last week.
Tell me about it. I started this week 2-1 in the Thanksgiving Day games. I'll take it after last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football