U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 AM

6,837 posts, read 7,896,314 times

Advertisements

Well guys and gals, we got a full line up for Turkey Week. This one should be interesting for sure!

Green Bay @ Detroit
Oakland @ Dallas
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Jacksonville @ Cleveland
Tennessee @ Indianapolis
Chicago @ Minnesota
Miami @ NY Jets
Arizona @ Philadelphia
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
New England @ Houston
Atlanta @ Buffalo (being played in Toronto)
St.Louis @ San Francisco
Denver @ Kansas City
Cincinnati @ San Diego
NY Giants @ Washington

New Orleans @ Seattle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 11:15 AM

Green Bay @ Detroit
Oakland @ Dallas
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Jacksonville @ Cleveland
Tennessee @ Indianapolis
Chicago @ Minnesota
Miami @ NY Jets
Arizona @ Philadelphia
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
New England @ Houston
St.Louis @ San Francisco
Denver @ Kansas City
Cincinnati @ San Diego
NY Giants @ Washington

New Orleans @ Seattle

Last week: 7-6-1
Season: 105-70-1

Old 11-26-2013, 11:30 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,073,794 times
Green Bay @ Detroit- Green Bay is too banged up. The Lions are due for a win on Turkey Day.
Oakland @ Dallas- The Cowboys should be able to win quite handily.
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore- The Ravens will avenge their loss to the Steelers from their first meeting.

Jacksonville @ Cleveland- The Jags win by a field goal. Brandon Weeden is back behind center, and is not capable of leading an NFL franchise. And certainly not a young franchise that lacks depth and is trying to learn how to win. After Cleveland's miserable loss to the Steelers, I'll be suprised if 30,000 fans show up to First Energy Stadium.
Tennessee @ Indianapolis- This is the perfect game for the Colts to get back on track. They will here.
Chicago @ Minnesota- The Bears sqeak out a much needed win to stay in the hunt for the NFC North title.
Miami @ NY Jets- Both teams are inconsistent, but the Jets have been beaten pretty badly a couple of times, and I believe the Dolphins have the edge.
Arizona @ Philadelphia- The Cardinals suffer a let down on the road.
Tampa Bay @ Carolina- The Bucs have strung together a couple of good games, but I think the Panthers will prove to be too much.
New England @ Houston- Stick a fork in the Texans. They're done.
Atlanta @ Buffalo (being played in Toronto)- While the Bills tend to hang around yet find ways to lose, they will provide their fans north of the border with a treat.
St.Louis @ San Francisco- I could go either way with this one, as the Rams seem to be hanging around, but taking the Niners at home.
Denver @ Kansas City- Another good match up, but Peyton has the edge.
Cincinnati @ San Diego- The Bengals are due for a letdown here.
NY Giants @ Washington- OK this is the last time I'm picking Big Blue! RGIII isn't the same as last year. Perhaps a bit gun shy due to his injury?

New Orleans @ Seattle- The Saints have been cruising along, but they will be hard pressed to get a victory here, especially with The 12th Man.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:11 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,954,169 times
Green Bay @ Detroit
Oakland @ Dallas
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Jacksonville @ Cleveland
Tennessee @ Indianapolis
Chicago @ Minnesota
Miami @ NY Jets
Arizona @ Philadelphia
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
New England @ Houston
Atlanta @ Buffalo (being played in Toronto) I will be in attendance... mid level 35-40 yard line. Will post pics! :-)
St.Louis @ San Francisco
Denver @ Kansas City
Cincinnati @ San Diego
NY Giants @ Washington

New Orleans @ Seattle

Last week : 6-7-1
Season: 103-72-1

Old 11-26-2013, 01:11 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
I was trying to come up with a THEME for this week's picks. No, not "Kingcat can't pick" but Something more entertaining. I was thinking about the game between the Eagles and the Pesky Red Birds and calling it WHEN BIRDS ATTACK #3 When I thought, you know, that sounds like one of those tv shows that would hijack the History channel which no longer seems to show much history. SO here we go.

Green Bay @ Detroit A HAUNTING IN DETROIT SOmething tells me that the game will be scary for the Pack

Oakland @ Dallas GHOST HUNTERS The Ghost of Al Davis may want to look away this thanksgiving, as Romo is having his first good year and the Cowboys have yet to bite the dust.

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore FINDING BIGFOOT Big Ben wears a size 13 1/2 shoe. The Ravens best get some pressure on him. Ben, meanwhile, has trouble finding receivers, just as the YETI team has yet to find a sasquatch.

Jacksonville @ Cleveland Naked and Afraid The Premise of Naked and Afraid is that two strangers spend time on a deserted island living off the land. Touch football might be a better option for this game.

Tennessee @ Indianapolis WORLD SERIES OF POKER The Titans will have to call bluffs and blind bets to get a chance this week.

Chicago @ Minnesota PERFECT DISASTER What else would be on, a banged up Bears against a bangless Vikings?

Miami @ [B]NY Jets [/b] I ALMOST GOT AWAY WITH IT Yes, the Jets almost got away with convincing us that GINO is a decent QB and the Dolphins ownership almost convinced us that they know what they are doing.

Arizona @ Philadelphia WHEN BIRDS ATTACK 3 Pesky Red Birds will get this one, they are a solid team that is sneaking into the playoff picture.

Tampa Bay @ Carolina SWAMP PEOPLE If you take all the Florida Rednecks that like the Buccaneers and place them into North Carolina with the stereotypes there, The Panthers will still win.

[B]New England[/b] @ Houston CHASING TAIL The Texans will probably see most of the backsides of Patriot Running backs and receivers

Atlanta @ Buffalo (being played in Toronto) [b]AX MEN[/B] Some coaches, more than others, have their jobs on the line this season. Two of them are in this game.

St.Louis @ San Francisco AMAZON GOLD the Rams can go ahead and search for gold in South America, they won;'t strike it in Northern California this week.

Denver @ Kansas City FROZEN PLANET

Cincinnatii @ San Diego MIRACLE PLANET it will take one for the Charges to derail the Bengals

NY Giants @ Washington FUTURE WEAPONS Both Teams will have good draft picks to rebuild the offensive and defensive weapons

New Orleans @ Seattle TOP GEAR Two Best Teams, Monday NIght Football, And Pete Carroll remains the Coolest coach ever.

Rate this post positively (I tried, but you have to spread some reputation around before giving it to ditchlights again)

Old 11-26-2013, 01:43 PM

3,231 posts, read 1,600,055 times
Week 13

Green Bay@Detroit

Oakland@Dallas

Pittsburgh@Baltimore

Tennessee@Indianapolis

Denver@Kansas City

Jacksonville@Cleveland

Tampa Bay@Carolina

Chicago@Minnesota

Arizona@Philadelphia

Miami@New York Jets

Atlanta@Buffalo

St Louis@San Francisco

New England@Houston

Cincinnati@San Diego

New York Giants@Washington

New Orleans@Seattle

Season: 114-61-1

Old 11-26-2013, 02:16 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,489,472 times
I'm making Thursday's now and I'll edit this sometime before Sunday to include the rest:

Green Bay @ Detroit. New year same old Lions. They were given the perfect opportunity to win the division, gift-wrapped for them and handed to them on a silver-platter with the Vikings sucking and the Bears and Packers BOTH losing their starting QB's right around the same time. And they still blew it! Now I have no clue who's starting for Packers, but if Flynn starts I think he can put up some big numbers. And the Lions have been awful on Thanksgiving this millennium. Granted they've had worse teams and the division was much better (healthier anyways), but I'll take Green Bay by a touchdown.
Oakland @ Dallas. Besides Cowboys & raiders fans, is anyone really excited about watching this game?? This is the Raiders second trip to Texas in 3 weeks after they visited Houston to play the Texans week 11. TBH, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the Cowboys lay a complete egg because this is the perfect opportunity (coming off a big divisional road win, at home against a team they should crush, have the Bears in Chicago week 14 so likely looking ahead, Raiders have nothing to lose because everyone expects them to get killed, so Dennis Allen could potentially open the playbook to some trick plays). I still think the Cowboys win, but this is probably a lot closer than people think it should be (see Chargers Chiefs from last week, except in this case, the Cowboys hold the late lead the Chiefs couldn't)
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore. Pretty much an elimination game, though the Steelers are a lot more safe than the Ravens would be as they'd own the tiebreaker over the Ravens. Ravens lose this, can't see them making the playoffs this year. Ravens get the 2 TD win at home in their all black uniforms. Dating back to the 2010 season, the road team has won 4 of the last 6 in the series.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:15 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Here I come with my homer picks as McGowdog would say! Those, plus my underdogs, worked well, why not!!!

Green Bay @ Detroit
Oakland @ Dallas
Pittsburgh
@ Baltimore
Jacksonville @ Cleveland
Tennessee @ Indianapolis
Chicago @ Minnesota
Miami @ NY Jets
Arizona @ Philadelphia
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
New England
@ Houston
St.Louis @ San Francisco
Denver @ Kansas City
Cincinnati @ San Diego
NY Giants @ Washington
New Orleans @ Seattle

Week 12 - 9-4-1
Overall - 102 - 73 - 1

Old 11-26-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Atlanta @ Buffalo (being played in Toronto) AX MEN[/B] Some coaches, more than others, have their jobs on the line this season. Two of them are in this game.
If one of the coaches you're referring to LKC is Doug Marrone, I think you're sorely mistaken my friend. There is NO WAY IN HELL Marrone is one and done, mark my words. He has kept the Bills competitive for the most part considering the QB issues. If there are problems, it's with the front office. After next year, that may be possible if there are still no positive results.

Now, Mike Smith on the other hand..... Yeah, I think he's toast in Atlanta after the season is done. The only team that was a bigger disappointment this year than the Falcons are the Texans. I think Blank is just allowing Smith to fade off into the sunset with a little bit of dignity intact.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:59 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
I agree about the Texans! They were showing so much promise, what happened to them???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football