U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 11:34 AM

28,446 posts, read 15,432,286 times

Advertisements

Uh - he is not supposed to be anywhere on that wide swath of white area - and he is on the other side... watching the play (by himself - everyone else is where they are supposed to be) approach him on the screen and with his back turned, jumps out of the way at the right time.

Guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 05:12 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,866,938 times
Appears to be...

Old 11-29-2013, 10:07 PM

2,946 posts, read 4,876,631 times
I think he did it intentionally. I don't think he pre planned it before the kickoff..how could he know? But I think he was down past the 40 and he kept moving toward the field on purpose and when he realized that Jones was off to the races, he stuck his foot out then pulled it back. I think it was something that he just did in the moment. At that very second, instead of turning away from the field, he took a step onto the field, then pulled his foot back. You can't tell me that was not intentional.

How long has the man been involved in football? You want to believe he had no idea where he was or what was going on? I have some ocean front property in Kentucky to sell you. He is standing there looking away with his back to the play. Why wasn't he looking toward the play and looking up at the screen in that direction. That makes more sense. It actually looks suspicious, to see him standing all alone toward that end past everyone else with his back toward the play. Everyone else is looking at the play happening facing the play...not away from it. Then right when Jones gets there he turns around....right. But, he sticks he foot out toward Jones before he turns away and the ref runs right past him and doesn't throw the flag. Like that segment on espn....c'mon man!

What if jones tripped over his foot and turned his ankle or twisted his knee? Would we be saying, no big deal? That's why the league has to deal with this stuff, becausenifnthey don't, someone else will try the same thing. People just think it's so outlandish, that it couldn't possibly have been intentional. But we have seen coaches do similar stuff on the sidelines. Why was he laughing about it? Jones was just about ready to put a nail in the coffin for team's playoff chances and he is grinning from ear to ear. No way....he knows what he did.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:28 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,538,449 times
Default Tomlin looked like a fool

I've never seen a coach of an NFL team look so stupid. He looked like an utter buffoon, a bungling imbecile. I think it's time for the Steeler organization to admit that we have seen the best that Tomlin can achieve with this team. Time for the Steelers to make a move away from the Tomlin era.

I don't think Tomlin's actions saved 4 points, but his coaching is to blame for them losing the game, and having the record that they have. His time is up.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:47 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,173,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I've never seen a coach of an NFL team look so stupid. He looked like an utter buffoon, a bungling imbecile. I think it's time for the Steeler organization to admit that we have seen the best that Tomlin can achieve with this team. Time for the Steelers to make a move away from the Tomlin era.

I don't think Tomlin's actions saved 4 points, but his coaching is to blame for them losing the game, and having the record that they have. His time is up.
I seriously doubt he's going anywhere. The Steelers have had only three (including Tomlin) coaches since the late 1960's.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:54 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
He isn't going anywhere. The league will fine him, probably a big amount and hopefully this issue will die. I don't think the team should be docked a draft pick for his dumb choice, whether on purpose or not.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Fine $100,000 (not sure about draft pick) and let the discussions begin, too much, not enough, and on and on!

Old 12-04-2013, 09:45 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
I agree, they should slap him w/a fine and move on.....

draft picks are too harsh

Old 12-04-2013, 09:53 AM

2,924 posts, read 3,048,112 times
Jones should have run into him, given him a knee to the groin and maybe stepped on his hand in the process. That was a petty, cheap, childish move on the Tomlins part. But it just proves the old adage that : Sports doesn't build character, it reveals character !

Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,188 times
I have not seen or heard of Tomlin doing anything out of the realm of being a classy person until this incident. I am willing to give him a pass on this. The NFL can fine him if they want but that doesn't make him any more or less of a great coach and a classy person... He was in the wrong spot, at the wrong time.. there is a first time for anything. Its not like he was video taping the opposing coaches signals or ordering his players to take cheap shots at the other team during the end of game kneel down.. geez!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football