U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,086,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Browns @ Patriots. Weeden in Foxboro?? Pats by 40, sorry BrownsNo1fan

Sadly, you may be right. But I don't believe Weeden is playing. We just found out today that Campbell is cleared to practice. It doesn't matter.... Jason Campbell vs Tom Brady.....it still has the makings of a blowout. The Browns are doing their usual meltdown. I'm still willing to give this new ownership and front office the benefit of the doubt, as they inherited a lot of crap from previous regimes. However; given that other teams find a way to turn it around, and rather quickly, the excuses of "rebuilding" and being a "process" aren't going to fly too much longer in C-Town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 04:32 PM

21,359 posts, read 21,922,845 times
The System Picks…

Texans @ Jaguars

Vikings @ Ravens
Chiefs @ Washing
Bills @
Buccaneers
Dolphins @
Steelers
Lions @
Eagles
Panthers @
Saints
Colts @
Bengals
Browns @
Patriots
Raiders @
Jets

Titans @
Broncos
Rams @
Cardinals
Seahawks @
49ers
Giants @
Chargers

Falcons @
Packers

Cowboys @ Bears

Last week........ 10 – 6
Season.......... 115 – 76 – 1 (.599)
The System..... 99 – 60 – 1 (.619)

Old 12-05-2013, 05:01 PM

28,526 posts, read 15,474,736 times
Season - 121-70-1

Week 14

Hou @ Jax -- Jax 20-17

Min @ Bal -- Bal 22-14
Ind @ Cin -- Cin 28-20
Cle @ NE -- NE 33-17
Oak @ NYJ -- Oak 19-14
Det @ Phi -- Phi 31-24
Mia @ Pit -- Pit 23-20
Buf @ TB -- TB 24-20
KC @ Was -- KC 24-14
Atl @ GB -- Atl 23-14

Ten @ Den -- Den 35-20
StL @ Az -- Az 21-16
NYG @ SD -- SD 34-24
Sea @ SF -- SF 20-17

Car @ NO -- NO 26-24

Dal @ Chi -- Dal 27-17

Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 PM

368 posts, read 308,470 times
Texans @ Jaguars The Jags are on a bit of a hot streak, huh? 3 wins in their last 4 games. I say it continues tonight.

Vikings @ Ravens Seems to be one of the more popular picks this week for Survival Football. Ravens win comfortably at home and keep the pressure on the Bengals. Speaking of...

Colts @ Bengals Indianapolis is looking like the New York Jets of the first half. They're alternating wins and losses. The games they win, they barely win. The games they lose are in blowout fashion. I think Cincinnati has a huge game on both sides of the ball and continues this rough second half stretch for the Colts.

Falcons @ Packers After a brutal Turkey Day stinker, the Packers are relieved to see the domed Falcons and their 30th ranked rushing defense travel north to the confines of a freezing cold December game in Wisconsin.

Browns @ Patriots Aqib Talib versus the league's hottest receiver at the moment. Too bad Cleveland doesn't have much else to throw New England's way.

Raiders @ Jets Intriguing matchup here. Both teams would rather run than throw and both teams stop the run better than they stop the pass. I'd feel more comfortable picking Oakland at home, as west coast teams don't seem to fare so well playing a 1:00 game 3,000 miles to the east, but I think the Raiders win a closely contested, defensive-type ballgame.

Lions @ Eagles For some particular reason, I don't think Gym Shorts and the Lions are all that eager about returning to the state of Pennsylvania. Foles tosses another three scores and increases his TD-INT ratio to 22 and the Eagles hold on for a third straight home win.

Dolphins @ Steelers Both teams are still very much alive for the last wild card spot. If he is able to play the distance, Le'Veon Bell should have a nice day against the Dolphins lackluster rushing defense and the Steel Curtain rebounds after a tough loss.

Bills @ Buccaneers Schiano wants a pumped up crowd at Raymond James Stadium to thwart the Bills no-huddle. By the end of this game, they'll be loud, alright, but not in the way that the Bucs head coach is envisioning.

Chiefs @ Redskins Sunday night was the best RG3 looked in ages. Any chance we see that consistency two weeks in a row? Nah.

Titans @ Broncos Peyton is on pace for another MVP and the single season records for yards and touchdowns. Despite the record, Tennessee has a pretty solid defense. As Lee Corso would say, "closer than the experts think," but a Bronco victory nevertheless.

Rams @ Cardinals St. Louis won the meeting between these two at their place and Arizona returns the favor this Sunday with a win of their own.

Giants @ Chargers Really, not ONE expert on ESPN picked the Giants? Both of these teams have disappointed tremendously this year. But what on earth is it with San Diego and bye weeks? 2013, 4-3, bye week, lose 4 of their next 5. 2012, 3-3, bye week, lose 5 of their next 6. 2011, 4-1, bye week, lose 6 of their next 7. Another salty performance in Southern California this weekend.

Seahawks @ 49ers I don't believe in letdown games in Seattle's case. I really think that if these two, fully healthy, played 10 times in Candlestick, the 49ers win the majority of them. Crabtree is back and we'll see an absolute classic Sunday afternoon. I'm giving it to San Francisco.

Panthers @ Saints On par with Arizona and St. Louis, I like both home teams to win their games when it comes to these two.

Cowboys @ Bears Would love a Chicago win but I'm just not that lucky. Murray, coming off a 3-touchdown performance, is licking his lips at that joke of a front 7. Romo honestly might not have to throw 20 times on Monday Night. Dallas by 10.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:37 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,557,775 times
Weather could be ugly here according to forecasts. Packers haven't lost at home in Dec. for 5 years, they say. I decided to check it out, last Dec. loss at Lambeau to the Texans early Dec. 2008. Packers better not embarrass themselves! I better get my snow blower ready, 4-8" of snow expected lakeside.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:02 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,501,201 times
0-1 to start off the week as I started out with the Texans, before switching to the Jaguars, before ultimately switching back to my original loser pick of the Texans.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:24 AM

10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
0-1 to start off the week as I started out with the Texans, before switching to the Jaguars, before ultimately switching back to my original loser pick of the Texans.
Don't feel too bad. I picked the Jaguars after swearing high and low I wouldn't pick them even once this season. I feel like part of me has died.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:50 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,557,775 times
I picked the Jags but can't put a great deal of stock in that as I've been picking teams no one else would all season!

Old 12-06-2013, 08:02 AM

368 posts, read 308,470 times
The Jags had an absolutely brutal first half schedule. Not many teams would have come out of that 8-game stretch with a winning mark. A lot of people were saying 0-16 was inevitable but I knew they had a handful of decent matchups waiting for them after their bye. They could easily win the next two and finish very respectably at 6-10 (and I will be picking them in both of those games).

Get this: they have the longest current win streak in the AFC (3) and only one other team besides them in the conference has won 4 of their last 5 (New England).

Old 12-08-2013, 02:45 PM

10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times
I'm a solid 8-2 through the early slate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football