U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:25 PM

875 posts, read 813,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
So I guess you take away rep points because you disagree with my comment? Typical...LOL...*I'm so hurt*

Plus, looks like someone had to do some recuriting on their own board! LMAO...
" cowboy fans "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"can i get some back up on the Wisconsin page they are insulting the boys and tx"

And dont forget this post:

#21 Yesterday, 01:00 AM
el borracho
Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2007
248 posts, read 25,170 times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i want to thank all my fellow TEXANS for your support ,now lets go eat some cheese . p.s if any of you can go on the wisconsin page and rub it in ,you know what i mean "
I just noticed you live in VA. I LOVE that state and used to live there too. I first moved to Rocky Mount, then Roanoke, then Christiansburg. In fact, I may move back.

Is Wisconsin your home state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 09:12 PM

673 posts, read 2,918,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
I just noticed you live in VA. I LOVE that state and used to live there too. I first moved to Rocky Mount, then Roanoke, then Christiansburg. In fact, I may move back.

Is Wisconsin your home state?
Yes Wisconsin is my home state, I'm sure missing all that snow right now! I've lived here in VA since May 2000. I've never been to Roanoke but hear its beautiful out there. I've been to Natural Bridge though which is in that vicinity. Also, we go camping alot in the mountains of Va, it is beautiful out there. What part are you thinking about moving back to? We're actually hoping to move back to WI in about 3 years. We live in Newport News right now and dont care for it. Crime is getting worse, public schools are horrible, cost of living is skyrocketing, traffic is unbearable, and I personally cant stand the summer heat (we had a 105 degree week this year). My hubby is a Va native and even he is ready to have a change of scenery. We looked at the moutains but sometimes jobs can be scarce and in some areas the cost of living is also high. We're going to school and waiting to graduate before we move.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:17 AM

875 posts, read 813,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
Yes Wisconsin is my home state, I'm sure missing all that snow right now! I've lived here in VA since May 2000. I've never been to Roanoke but hear its beautiful out there. I've been to Natural Bridge though which is in that vicinity. Also, we go camping alot in the mountains of Va, it is beautiful out there. What part are you thinking about moving back to? We're actually hoping to move back to WI in about 3 years. We live in Newport News right now and dont care for it. Crime is getting worse, public schools are horrible, cost of living is skyrocketing, traffic is unbearable, and I personally cant stand the summer heat (we had a 105 degree week this year). My hubby is a Va native and even he is ready to have a change of scenery. We looked at the moutains but sometimes jobs can be scarce and in some areas the cost of living is also high. We're going to school and waiting to graduate before we move.
I was thinking the Christiansburg area, because I still have family there. It is gorgeous in that area and I just love how friendly and down to earth the people are. I just read in a VA thread a few days ago where everyone's property taxes have skyrocketed in the whole state though.

I don't know if there is "anywhere" in the USA left that's a reasonable place to live anymore - cost wise. It's depressing.

I never got over to Newport News. I'm sorry you don't care for it. It's miserable to be stuck someone you don't like. I'm kinda in that boat right now.

Good luck to you on making it back home.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:08 AM

673 posts, read 2,918,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
I was thinking the Christiansburg area, because I still have family there. It is gorgeous in that area and I just love how friendly and down to earth the people are. I just read in a VA thread a few days ago where everyone's property taxes have skyrocketed in the whole state though.

I don't know if there is "anywhere" in the USA left that's a reasonable place to live anymore - cost wise. It's depressing.

I never got over to Newport News. I'm sorry you don't care for it. It's miserable to be stuck someone you don't like. I'm kinda in that boat right now.

Good luck to you on making it back home.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm not in the worst place in the world to live, just dont prefer to raise a family here. The job stability cant be beat here and that has kept us here as well. With all the military around there are plenty of government contractor jobs, which is what my husband and I both work for. I like the location of being so close to NC (Nags Head), DC, the mountains of Va. So that is really nice too. Yes property taxes have gone up and so have assessments! We have been in our house 3 years and it has gone up $80,000 that's the city assessment too not appraisal!

Hope you get to move closer to your family as well! Its no fun being away from family, but it looks like either way my husband and i will always be away from one side of the family (his is here in VA mine is in WI).

Old 12-04-2007, 04:18 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,133,085 times
good game i'm moving on to Detroit so if i offended anybody i just want to say

Old 12-04-2007, 10:25 PM

3,312 posts, read 2,302,540 times
Wi-girl- I really wish I had the same love for WI that you do. I used to, but over the last 10 years it's faded, for no 1 reason. Maybe I can get that back somehow. Is the grass really greener?

Old 12-05-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
good game i'm moving on to Detroit so if i offended anybody i just want to say
"too baddd"

Old 12-06-2007, 02:29 PM

i want to give all you packers fans a hats off ,i went on the detroit thread and nobody has much to say i guess they dont really care about their lions

Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 AM

20,793 posts, read 53,984,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
i want to give all you packers fans a hats off ,i went on the detroit thread and nobody has much to say i guess they dont really care about their lions
That is because they are embarrassed that their Lions lost to the Vikings this year .

Old 12-14-2007, 03:11 PM

i posted my usual on the philly page the boys will beat them next and nobody cares once again my hats off to you packer fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or