U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2017, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,257 posts, read 26,226,229 times
Reputation: 11711

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
If I pay to see a play or a football game or whatever, I want to see the play or the football game. I don't want to be forced to see/hear the players' political views, regardless of what they are or whether or not I agree with them.
How do you see or hear his political views during a game?

 
Old 08-07-2017, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,257 posts, read 26,226,229 times
Reputation: 11711
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-staten island View Post
Kaepernick chose to walk away from a 12 million dollar contract last year. He wasn't forced, I guess he thought his revolution aimed at the US Flag & Police was a winner. Apparently he misjudged his self importance...
You think our country is so innocent?
 
Old 08-07-2017, 04:07 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,039 posts, read 3,216,708 times
Reputation: 3404
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
would you work for free? no more guaranteed cash on that last year and they said they would cut him.



i'm going to assume you were born yesterday since you have no idea why he kneeled.

apparently speaking out about unarmed people being shot at traffic stops automatically makes you anti police, anti country, and racist.


That is not how it works.



try your same stance, but insert Dr. Martin Luther King's name instead of kaepernick and see how far that gets you.
Well I'm assuming you were also born yesterday as there are many people who agree he disrespected this country and all those who've served by his actions! Remember that actions have consequences and while he's free to take a stance on his beliefs he'd better be willing to accept the consequences of them. If that wasn't bad enough he also wore socks with police officers dressed up as pigs. If he doesn't like the USA maybe he should've packed up his stuff,give back all the millions he's made from playing a game and moved to north Korea!

People watch sports for many reasons and one of them is to escape everyday life whether it be work,home or politics. ESPN is also finding out that people are sick of their liberal crap as they've lost millions of viewers and their ratings are low. Kaep is a cancer and no one wants to deal with him now. There's a time and place for politics and this isn't one of them!
 
Old 08-07-2017, 04:29 PM
 
892 posts, read 2,116,263 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Well I'm assuming you were also born yesterday as there are many people who agree he disrespected this country and all those who've served by his actions! Remember that actions have consequences and while he's free to take a stance on his beliefs he'd better be willing to accept the consequences of them. If that wasn't bad enough he also wore socks with police officers dressed up as pigs. If he doesn't like the USA maybe he should've packed up his stuff,give back all the millions he's made from playing a game and moved to north Korea!

People watch sports for many reasons and one of them is to escape everyday life whether it be work,home or politics. ESPN is also finding out that people are sick of their liberal crap as they've lost millions of viewers and their ratings are low. Kaep is a cancer and no one wants to deal with him now. There's a time and place for politics and this isn't one of them!




you're part of the problem. you equate trying to bring attention to civil rights violations with disrespecting cops and troops.



yes those troops....the ones you guys called "baby killer!" when they came home from vietnam and the ones you look down upon because they're homeless.

colin kaepernick has done more for this country than you could ever dream of doing. put your money where your mouth is.


in the 98 year history of pro football, colin kaepernick is not the first person to do this. why are you so offended now?

because you don't believe in equal rights for everyone?

did you watch the pro football enshrinement ceremony last weekend?

did you notice anyone boo when people called attention to what kaepernick kneeled for?

no?


ok then apparently it's just people like you with the issue.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 04:57 PM
 
2,074 posts, read 762,723 times
Reputation: 2230
Aside from being a massive distraction and disrespecting the anthem/flag in an almost exclusively american sport generally associated with patriotism and the military with a right of center fan base. Kaepernick converted to islam before last season, became a vegan, dropped 30 pounds which greatly affected his arm strength(his best skill) and ability to withstand a hit. He ended up going 1-12 with a QBR in the 50s. I'm not sure anyone would have signed him even if he had not done the kneeling thing.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:04 PM
 
892 posts, read 2,116,263 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Aside from being a massive distraction and disrespecting the anthem/flag in an almost exclusively american sport generally associated with patriotism and the military with a right of center fan base. Kaepernick converted to islam before last season, became a vegan, dropped 30 pounds which greatly affected his arm strength(his best skill) and ability to withstand a hit. He ended up going 1-12 with a QBR in the 50s. I'm not sure anyone would have signed him even if he had not done the kneeling thing.


i was expecting you to say "fake news!" in there somewhere

you probably think the tooth fairy is real too.


he did not convert to islam, he did not disrespect a piece of fabric made in china by kneeling because unarmed people were being shot and police not being convicted.


how about this, every time they play the anthem on tv, you get up off of your couch.

america was founded on protest. so that is his right.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:16 PM
 
Location: San Diego
35,163 posts, read 32,136,802 times
Reputation: 19704
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
would you work for free? no more guaranteed cash on that last year and they said they would cut him.



i'm going to assume you were born yesterday since you have no idea why he kneeled.

apparently speaking out about unarmed people being shot at traffic stops automatically makes you anti police, anti country, and racist.


That is not how it works.



try your same stance, but insert Dr. Martin Luther King's name instead of kaepernick and see how far that gets you.
He should have joined the blm group without involving his career and employer. He's a F-in I-D-I-O-T.

Now he's in damage control. Too late.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:24 PM
 
2,074 posts, read 762,723 times
Reputation: 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
i was expecting you to say "fake news!" in there somewhere

you probably think the tooth fairy is real too.


he did not convert to islam, he did not disrespect a piece of fabric made in china by kneeling because unarmed people were being shot and police not being convicted.


how about this, every time they play the anthem on tv, you get up off of your couch.

america was founded on protest. so that is his right.
Ok so he became a vegan and it's rumored he converted to Islam. He still lost the weight. The flag is not just a peice of cloth it's the greatest symbol of freedom and liberty ever created, hundreds of thousands of people have lost their lives for it. NFL stadiums fly Collins flags which are made in the USA not in China. I do get up off my couch and place my hand over my heart when the anthem is played, I love my country and proudly served.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Reputation: 12484
I think this topic has been beat enough, when the comments turn more to political innuendos than the issue at hand.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 06:27 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,039 posts, read 3,216,708 times
Reputation: 3404
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
i was expecting you to say "fake news!" in there somewhere

you probably think the tooth fairy is real too.


he did not convert to islam, he did not disrespect a piece of fabric made in china by kneeling because unarmed people were being shot and police not being convicted.


how about this, every time they play the anthem on tv, you get up off of your couch.

america was founded on protest. so that is his right.

No ones denying is wasn't his right. But like I said before actions have consequences and he's now finding out those action he took were better off left off the field. No one wants him because A) because he's really not all the good a qb and B) No team wants this distraction going into the season. Take a good look at the comments at the few teams that expressed some interest in him and that alone should open your eyes.

You seem very angry especially towards our flag and our military. Also,you're wrong again America was founded on hard work and patriotism!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top