U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 06:20 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,702,143 times

Advertisements

The commish takes alot of heat from players and different groups bashing the NFL (rightfully so in alot of cases), however you have to give the guy credit for implementing playing all divisional games at the end of the season...

there are so many different seeding possibilities and meaningful games now in week 16 and 17 its crazy.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 06:57 AM

For week 17 I counted only 3 GAMES that do not have playoff implications...(the NY-WAS, HOU-TEN, DET-MIN)

My biggest issue will be to figure out what game to focus on at 4:25 EST....(I am blessed that I have friends who have the ticket, and will be watching mostly the ATL-CAR/MIA-NYJ at 1pm EST)...

If you have the ticket, what will you be focusing on?

Old 12-24-2013, 07:34 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,593,919 times
yeah, I really like the new setup. makes the final weeks of the season a lot more interesting.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:48 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,584,978 times
Default I agree

Excellent the schedule at the end of the season.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:04 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,968,726 times
Still doesn't make up for his efforts to turn the NFL into the National Flag Football League...

See the perfectly legal shoulder hit last night that was flagged?

Really?

Old 12-24-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Still doesn't make up for his efforts to turn the NFL into the National Flag Football League...

See the perfectly legal shoulder hit last night that was flagged?

Really?
I saw the hit and subsequent call that benefited Atlanta....

To me, that is the referee's fault for making that call. If he can't distinguish between a legal hit like that one, and a head shot, he shouldn't be reffing...again, I don't think that has anything to do with Goddell..that's just my opinion. If you are going to come back and say "well the league is very afraid about hits to the head", I don't accept that... the hit by the defender should have no argument from people who want to protect the game...it was legal and the ref who called it unsportsmanlike conduct should be reprimanded....just my .02

There are alot of people who have issues w/Goddell, but w/all its flaws, this scheduling setup is unfreakin believable...

Old 12-24-2013, 09:40 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,968,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post

There are alot of people who have issues w/Goddell, but w/all its flaws, this scheduling setup is unfreakin believable...
Absolutely. I think it's 13 of 16 games that have some kind of playoff implications this weekend. Divisional games at the end of the season is the way it should be.

Now if they'll just fix the playoff format... 6 teams per conference is fine but the fact that 8-8 or 9-7 team is gonna make the playoffs (with a home game) and a possible 11-5 NO or AZ is gonna miss the playoffs is just wrong. The perks of winning a crappy division!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Absolutely. I think it's 13 of 16 games that have some kind of playoff implications this weekend. Divisional games at the end of the season is the way it should be.

Now if they'll just fix the playoff format... 6 teams per conference is fine but the fact that 8-8 or 9-7 team is gonna make the playoffs (with a home game) and a possible 11-5 NO or AZ is gonna miss the playoffs is just wrong. The perks of winning a crappy division!
Yeah, it always seems like a crappy team gets in by virture of a lousy division.

This year you could argue the bears/packers don't deserve to get in.

The problem is the Susan's and bears lovers won't be for it because they wear those respected jerseys...lol

Also, look what happened a couple yrs ago when the Seahawks beat the saints at home w a 7-9record in the 1st round...

Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 AM

23,670 posts, read 33,545,829 times
Okay Goodell gets ONE attaboy from me. Still think he is a tool but loved NO and CAR in Week 16.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Okay Goodell gets ONE attaboy from me. Still think he is a tool but loved NO and CAR in Week 16.
This is one of the rare things he's done that actually benefits the FANS of the game...(not big business)

Believe me, I can get into a laundry list of things that actually has hurt the blue collar person..(PSL's for starters)

Just pointing it out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or