U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 08:31 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,464,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
As a Packers fan I would say last year's NFC Championship Round. Packers beat themselves and blew the game.
As someone who didn't have a horse in that race, I have to say it was one of the most suspenseful and enjoyable games I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 07:01 AM

761 posts, read 637,648 times
The recent Eagles/Cowboys game.
Being an Eagle's fan, this game was a total embarassment and disgrace.
I turned on Bar Rescue after the 3rd quarter.
Absolutely the worst game I have ever viewed.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:26 AM

368 posts, read 300,653 times
I attended a game in Miami between the Jets and Dolphins in 2006. It was a humid and South Florida rain for three quarters and it was miserable sitting there wearing this garbage bag that doubled as a poncho. The weather also meant that both teams ran the most conservative offenses possible. I'm exaggerating, but I swear the teams did not throw the ball for 2 and a half quarters. It opened up a bit in the fourth because the rain stopped. I think the Jets won 13-10 or something like that.

I also attended a game in Buffalo between the Bills and Panthers in 2005 that was pretty awful. That was during the Bills' J.P Losman experiment. I think the score was 13-9 Panthers or something like that.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:21 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Browns @ Bills. 2009 Maybe? Trent Edwards vs. Derrick Anderson. Browns walk out with the 6-3 victory and Anderson completes 3 passes for like 23 yards or something like that.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Miami vs Pittsburgh mud bowl... final score 3-0.
Oh yeah, the one where the punt stuck into the ground like a lawn dart.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,004,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotgb View Post
The recent Eagles/Cowboys game.
Being an Eagle's fan, this game was a total embarassment and disgrace.
I turned on Bar Rescue after the 3rd quarter.
Absolutely the worst game I have ever viewed.
Aww c'mon, this isn't NEARLY as bad as that thumping we got from Denver a couple years ago. I think the final score of that one was like 52-20. I stopped watching midway through the 2nd quarter. An absolute blood bath.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:12 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,879,756 times
Falcons 62, Saints 7: September 16, 1973
There were no points scored in this game until the second quarter…but once they started, they didn’t stop. The Saints were dominated at home, due in no small part to quarterback Archie Manning’s five interceptions. In all, New Orleans committed eight turnovers in the game. Atlanta finished with 32 first downs on the day, compared to just 11 for the home team. Awesome game....

Old 10-17-2015, 04:37 AM

13,217 posts, read 17,951,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Superbowl between the Steelers and Seahawks. Horrible officiating. Terrible coaching on both teams. Neither team was really the best and both sneaked or lucked into it.
Oh, well. It gave me some quotes I attribute to Bill Cowher I use every year:
" Good playing and an easy schedule only get you so far, LUCK is sometimes what gets you to the Superbowl."
" Sometimes the best teams don't get to the Superbowl, its the LUCKY ones that do."
Quotes are awesome. Here's a more extensive list of quotes about luck...

1. "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." -Seneca

2. "Luck is the residue of design." -Branch Rickey

3. "Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure." -Earl Wilson

4. "The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators." -Edward Gibbon

5. "Everything in life is luck." -Donald Trump

6. "I believe in luck. How else can you explain the success of those you dislike?" -Jean Cocteau

7. "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." -Thomas Jefferson

8. "It’s hard to detect good luck. It looks so much like something you’ve earned." -Frank A. Clark

9. "Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. But it has a way of favoring the intelligent and showing its back to the stupid." -John Dewey

10. "Luck has a peculiar habit of favoring those who don’t depend on it." -Anonymous

As for the topic at hand, it's never a bad game if I can remember something about it, as far as I'm concerned. Whether it's an entire game or just certain moments therein, if I remember it, that means it provided me with some entertainment value, whether it be a dazzling shootout, a vicious struggle, a dramatic comeback, or even a comedy of errors. The only truly bad games are those that I've watched but somehow don't remember anything about. Maybe that's part of why I enjoy football so much; I can be entertained in many different ways by a game.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:55 AM

10,674 posts, read 11,081,079 times
One thing about being a Broncos fan is you get to enjoy some exciting times, but you have some very dubious history to your team's credit as well. Given the weeks in which this thread was active, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the 43-8 Super Bowl loss. The way the public piled on us after that game it's nothing shy of noteworthy it wasn't mentioned here on this thread.

The Seahawks scored on all three phases and were up for that game. The Broncos slept walked through it as evidenced by that first snap. Also, Fox admitted not practicing with noise so the team wasn't prepared for the crowd noise. He also made the team swap hotels just before the game, throwing a curveball into their routine. He clearly didn't have them prepared to play. That would have made things difficult against any team, forget a great team like Seattle.

Other than that, we have a 55-10 Super Bowl loss to our credit, and three additional losses to a combined score of 108-40. The Broncos are 2-5 in the Super Bowl. They either win it, or lose big. Mostly lose big. But you have to love a team that can be relevant enough to get to 7 Super Bowls. I'd prefer them not have lost so many, but they've played some of the all-time great teams in those losses, too.

For worst regular season losses, the Broncos 59-14 loss to the Raiders in 2010 has to take the cake. 2010 was an awful season for the Broncos, seeing them finish 4-12 and the worst Broncos team in franchise history in terms of W-L record. The defense was unwatchable. I believe by the season's end they were allowing just shy of 30 PPG. I watched every game that season and just had to laugh as week in and week out the opponents just scored at will.

But that game with the Raiders was unlike anything I've ever seen. I've never seen a game where literally every little break, even penalties against the Raiders, just seemed to work in their favor. A punt, one of just a couple the Broncos forced, seemed to hit an invisible wall, bouncing straight up before settling on the 1/2 inch line, pinning the Broncos literally on their own goal line. Every break seemed to go the Raiders way. Early in the 4th they turned the motor off and just cruised, but they could have broken 70 if they'd have chosen to do so. It was something else.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:04 PM

14,547 posts, read 22,409,464 times
Dubious Bronco game going on right now.

Denver Broncos' Prevent Offense is going on today.
What a pathetic game. Sure, Broncos defense plays good, but can the offense do nothing all season long?

Blame Peyton Manning, blame the O-line... for being inexperienced? No. Blame Rich Kubiac for not putting an acceptable offense out there.

Cleveland should and probably will win this game.

But what a pathetic game it's been.

Oh looky here. Denver defense to the rescue once again.

Edit: DEMARYIUS THOMAS IS WORTHLESS!

PEYTON MANNING IS WORTHLESS!

SACK! DENVER DEFENSE, STOP BAILING THE OFFENSE OUT.

Lay down Denver. Just take the loss.

AND THE CLEVELAND COACH ICED THE KICKER! REALLY?

Why would you extend this turd? Yuck. Puke. Gak.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-18-2015 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football