Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 06:00 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,238,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
One of the worst Eagles games I can remember was a 20-17 overtime win against the Seattle Seahawks in 1992. That game at the Kingdome wasn't decided until the Eagles kicked a field goal at the end of overtime to avoid a tie. A few facts about the game:

*The Eagles finished that season 11-5, while the Seahawks went 2-14
*The Eagles outgained the Seahawks 466-87 (yet didn't win until the end of overtime)
*The previous point occurred because the Eagles committed 17 penalties accounting for 191 yards
*Despite all the yardage gained by the Eagles, they punted 10 times. The Seahawks punted 11 times.

Boxscore -12/13/92
I have a new leader in the "worst NFL game I can remember" category - today's (9/20/15) Cowboys/Eagles game. The Cowboys, at least on offense, played mediocre to poor in this game. But it didn't matter because the Eagles were way, way worse on offense - they were flat out hideous. On top of the teams' offensive (in more than one way) performances, there were about a million penalties in the game, and referee Tony Corrente had some issues properly announcing the penalty calls.

This was an awful an NFL game as I can ever remember, and I'd probably say the same thing even if the teams' roles were reversed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 08:18 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Today's Cowboys @ Eagles was an UGLY, UGLY thing -- but was it the UGLIEST ever?

Dunno, but the team that lost its starting QB WON the game.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:03 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Today's Cowboys @ Eagles was an UGLY, UGLY thing -- but was it the UGLIEST ever?

Dunno, but the team that lost its starting QB WON the game.
The sheer amount of penalties made the game hard to watch. The Cowboys set a franchise record with 18 and the Eagles had their share as well. Other than that, i still enjoy a good defensive battle as this was. I guess you could equate Poor offense to great defense if you want but I like the think the Cowboys defense simply played lights out.. In the end I was happy the Cowboys won but it was an obvious bitter/sweet game.

As we were leaving the game at Dave n Busters I looked at my young son and said: "Would you rather the Cowboys were 0-2 and had a healthy Romo/Dez or are you happy with 2-0 without Romo/Dez for at least half the season"? He was non committal.. The Cowboys looked today as if they could keep the Cowboys in most games regardless of whose taking snaps on offense but you just know the Cowboys defense is NOT as good as they looked today....

Old 09-20-2015, 09:21 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The sheer amount of penalties made the game hard to watch. The Cowboys set a franchise record with 18 and the Eagles had their share as well. Other than that, i still enjoy a good defensive battle as this was. I guess you could equate Poor offense to great defense if you want but I like the think the Cowboys defense simply played lights out.. In the end I was happy the Cowboys won but it was an obvious bitter/sweet game.

As we were leaving the game at Dave n Busters I looked at my young son and said: "Would you rather the Cowboys were 0-2 and had a healthy Romo/Dez or are you happy with 2-0 without Romo/Dez for at least half the season"? He was non committal.. The Cowboys looked today as if they could keep the Cowboys in most games regardless of whose taking snaps on offense but you just know the Cowboys defense is NOT as good as they looked today....
You're right.

The Cowboys D was greatly assisted by a dysfunctional Eagles offense, which was rather offensive to anyone watching. Brandon Weeden grabbed the steering wheel and was able to keep the old Silver & Blue between the lines -- and he drove it well.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:26 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Broncos 2011 season finale at home against the Chiefs. Broncos backed into the playoffs after Tim Tebow got beat by Kyle Orton 7-3.

Terrible game. Thankfully Matt Prater prevented them from becoming the first team in franchise history to be shut out at home.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:59 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Today was the worst game I've seen in a couple of years.

Philadelphia Eagles stunk the field up today and the cheerleaders looked out of shape and hairy.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:03 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Today was the worst game I've seen in a couple of years.

Philadelphia Eagles stunk the field up today and the cheerleaders looked out of shape and hairy.
OMG! That right there is funny!

Pathetic game is the only way to describe it. I've never seen two teams want to throw away a win so badly. Chip Kelly scares me.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:56 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
At the risk of revealing my age, I remember the Cowboys beating the Lions 5-0 way back when.. playoff game no less! Pretty ugly offense but defense was Doomsday..

Old 09-21-2015, 10:00 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
At the risk of revealing my age, I remember the Cowboys beating the Lions 5-0 way back when.. playoff game no less! Pretty ugly offense but defense was Doomsday..
The year was 1970, and the Lions were very good that year..

Yesterday's Cowboys/Eagles was certainly a contender for Worst Game, because of inept play and penalties. Game had no flow or movement to it, certainly tested a person's patience to keep watching.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:52 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
As a Packers fan I would say last year's NFC Championship Round. Packers beat themselves and blew the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football