U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who gets the last AFC playoff spot?
Baltimore 5 21.74%
San Diego 7 30.43%
Pittsburgh 2 8.70%
Miami 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 05:17 PM

2,946 posts, read 4,879,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I remember that but the stats from the game tell a story. Baltimore had 85 rushing yards and 104 passing yards. Weak offense who had to rely on 6 field goals to beat Detroit. 189 total yards to beat CN.
CN had 120 rushing and 244 passing. Both teams had 3 turnovers.

Stats don't always win the game but Baltimore had no offense in that game.
They have only won 2 road games all year. CN defense wins the Sunday game.

It may come down to who does CN want to play later on. Their seed may already be decided before the game is over. If they would rather play Miami later on, they need to beat Baltimore.
Well I agree that the Ravens are not very good offensively. I also agree that Cincy should win. But in that particular game, Cincy wasn't very good either. So I disagree when you say that Baltimore was lucky to win that particular game. Cincy was lucky it went to OT, despite how poorly the Ravens played. The Bengals played just as bad and it was a lucky hail mary at the end, that a Ravens player batted up in the air, that saved the bengals in regulation.

I do think the bengals are an all around better team than the ravens this year. But in that particular game, the bengals were lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 06:32 PM

6,550 posts, read 4,499,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
OK, Chargers need some serious help this weekend. I think they will beat the Chiefs again but only because the Chiefs will be sitting most of their good players. Both the Ravens and Dolphins need to lose for the Bolts to have a chance. Chiefs have already secured the 5 seed.

Stupid loses to the Redskins, Raiders and Texans have put the Chargers in this position. That being said they did much better than I expected and I think they will build on this season.

You can say the same thing about the other 4 teams too. No one wants this last spot.

Ravens have losses to the Browns, Steelers & Bills. Steelers have lost to the Titans, Vikings and Raiders. Dolphins lost to the Bucs, and Bills twice. At this point, I wish the AFC would forfeit that #6 spot to the Cardinals. At least their actually trying to get in, even though that attempt is likely going to be futile. The AFC teams are playing a "we don't want a playoff spot. You take it" kinda game.

Speaking of the Bills: 4 of their 6 wins this year are against teams that are in the playoffs, will be in the playoffs, or will just miss the playoffs (Dolphins twice, Ravens & Panthers). They also have an OT loss to the Bengals and a 2 point loss to the Patriots. If they only could've beaten the bad teams they'd be right there, as the Bills are 0-3 against the Browns, Falcons & Bucs, teams that each have 4 wins between them.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:45 PM

8,595 posts, read 5,394,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Seattle made the playoffs in 2010 at 7-9 and knocked off the Saints 11-5! Last year they were 11-5 after being 7-9 two years in a row. Division winners are in, that is the structure, happens to teams every year that have 10 or 11 wins.
ok that's right, my bad

Old 12-26-2013, 07:04 PM

568 posts, read 567,103 times
I think it'll go to Miami, even though I really hope San Diego gets in

Old 12-29-2013, 02:20 PM

6,550 posts, read 4,499,759 times
Welp Pittsburgh won, Ravens lost @ Cincinnati and the Dolphins $#!t the bed at home vs. the Jets. Last spot comes down to Chargers vs. Steelers. If the Chargers beat the Chiefs second & 3rd stringers they'll be in, if not the Steelers get it. With the way the AFC has gone and how NO ONE wants to claim that final spot, watch the Chargers lose at home and have it fall into the laps of a team that has losses to the Titans, Vikings & Raiders this year. The AFC, what a joke. Give this spot to the Cardinals already!

Old 12-29-2013, 05:17 PM

8,595 posts, read 5,394,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Welp Pittsburgh won, Ravens lost @ Cincinnati and the Dolphins $#!t the bed at home vs. the Jets. Last spot comes down to Chargers vs. Steelers. If the Chargers beat the Chiefs second & 3rd stringers they'll be in, if not the Steelers get it. With the way the AFC has gone and how NO ONE wants to claim that final spot, watch the Chargers lose at home and have it fall into the laps of a team that has losses to the Titans, Vikings & Raiders this year. The AFC, what a joke. Give this spot to the Cardinals already!
LOL, c'mon man don't be so hard on the steelers. they started 0-4 and to be anyway near a playoff birth crazy. oh man, dude just missed a field goal that would have put the steelers in the playoff. that sucks

Old 12-29-2013, 05:51 PM

3,668 posts, read 2,335,730 times
I will start a thread at the beginning on next season: Apathy and an unfilled stadium even after a playoff appearance-The Official San Diego Charger's Thread

Seriously, I had a thread over at the SD CD forum on today's game and there were at one point multiple posts of "ha ha, KC wins with a last minute field goal, Chargers never win important games" what totally sad lack of fan support.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:16 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,196,095 times
How often do 3 teams from the same division all make the playoffs?

I've never been for the Chargers before today.

Anyone but the Steelers was ok with me.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:12 PM

1,274 posts, read 1,510,427 times
Smile San Diego Super Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I will start a thread at the beginning on next season: Apathy and an unfilled stadium even after a playoff appearance-The Official San Diego Charger's Thread

Seriously, I had a thread over at the SD CD forum on today's game and there were at one point multiple posts of "ha ha, KC wins with a last minute field goal, Chargers never win important games" what totally sad lack of fan support.
This is all sad but true. I live in San Diego. When you go to the games 60% of the stadium is for the other team.

We are natives to San Diego, but we are very rare. We are in our 50s. Most of everyone we know is from Chicago, Boston, New York, etc. They moved here for the weather. They always cheer for their home teams.

So we were thrilled the Chargers made the playoffs!!! We recall the "Freezer Bowl" in January of 1982. We had just been married two months. Huge football fans! So excited AFC playoff game.

The temperature with the wind chill factor was minus 36 degrees!!! The coldest NFL game played ever! We are still bitter over that loss, 32 years later.

Today was a nail biter. I could not believe the Chiefs player missed that late field goal. Can't believe the Chargers pulled it off. KC played good with all those first stringers sitting out the game!

Whoever their quarterback was, he was pretty good!

San Diego Super Chargers!!!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:04 PM

3,668 posts, read 2,335,730 times
The news in San Diego all day was not how the Chargers won but how they should not have won dur to a missed penalty on SD during the missed FG by KC. Why don't we just biuld the Azreks a bigger arena and call it a day. The Chargers could win a super bowl and the big talk of the town would still be SDSU men's basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football