U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 07:28 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,811,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Do you remember how he ended up in Chicago?

He pouted his way out of Denver.

And trust me, we don't miss him.
I admit I don't recall all of the particulars, but maybe he had issues with management and/or coaching. I don't recall hearing of him having such issues in Chicago. Sometimes management does suck and is worthy of the scorn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 08:40 PM

20,923 posts, read 39,228,361 times
Default Bears make big mistake, place their future in Jay Cutlerís erratic hands

Our local paper here in COLO SPGS says this: "Bears make big mistake, place their future in Jay Cutlerís erratic hands."

Excerpt: "Cutler has thrown 75 interceptions since 2009. ... Cutler is, of course, one of the most controversial and disliked athletes in recent Colorado history. He left the Denver Broncos after he clashed with coach Josh McDaniels, ... There was a fear among Broncos fans when Cutler departed that the franchise had lost an elite quarterback. That fear has not come true. Letís be clear: Cutler is mega-talented. but he doesnít produce mega results. Heís somewhere in the top half of NFL starters, but heís never quite become elite. And he never will. Teammates struggle to connect with Cutler, a complicated, surly soul. Those who play alongside him suffer from his wrath and his moodiness and his strangeness...."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,502,907 times
I just don't understand NFL contracts. First Flacco now Cutler. They are both being paid way over their market value. I think some teams think if they just pay their QB's more they will become better players.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:57 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,504,032 times
I didn't like it but I can understand giving Flacco that money. He had just lead the Ravens to the Super Bowl and was Super Bowl MVP. I didn;t like it then and like it even worse now after watching him this year but I can *understand* why Ozzie Newsome & Steve Bisciotti made the move.

What exactly has Cutler done to warrant getting $126 million?? Have a bad and negative attitude when things don't go his way??

Congrats to the Packers!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,373,588 times
Seven more years of this...at least there's one thing for a Lions fan to look forward to.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:43 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,684,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I didn't like it but I can understand giving Flacco that money. He had just lead the Ravens to the Super Bowl and was Super Bowl MVP. I didn;t like it then and like it even worse now after watching him this year but I can *understand* why Ozzie Newsome & Steve Bisciotti made the move.

What exactly has Cutler done to warrant getting $126 million?? Have a bad and negative attitude when things don't go his way??

Congrats to the Packers!
Its not "126 million"...alot of that is fluff and might never get paid.....

He fulfilled his contract and probably would've gotten that or something close to what he's getting if he tested the free market...

Alot of fans don't understand the economics of the salary cap and how things work also w/the franchise tag.....

Who were the Bears going to get at a reasonable price that could possibly lead them deep into the playoffs?

I'd like to know from people who are highly critical of the deal.....lets hear it!

disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight because I'm not a bears fan or hater....just want to have a football conversation not based on emotion for once....

Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 AM

9,071 posts, read 15,062,085 times
That's a lot of money for an interception machine!

Cutler is a serviceable NFL starter, but he is a mid-pack level QB at best. Certainly not worthy of that kind of contract! Still, he is an experienced veteran starter who can win a game. That is likely better than they would find in the draft without a top first round pick.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,684,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
That's a lot of money for an interception machine!

Cutler is a serviceable NFL starter, but he is a mid-pack level QB at best. Certainly not worthy of that kind of contract! Still, he is an experienced veteran starter who can win a game. That is likely better than they would find in the draft without a top first round pick.
Here's the thing...

you say 'not worthy of that kind of contract'..

What is "worthy" mean?

QB's will get paid eventually...(the halfway decent ones...)

look, I'm not a Cutler shill...I'm just having a conversation in general about how QB's get paid...

Old 01-03-2014, 06:59 AM

1,643 posts, read 1,601,718 times
Chicago Bears fans love Cutler. I don't understand it. Perhaps it is because in the previous couple of decades they have had pretty bad qbs. So in their minds, Cutler is elite. All the guy has going for him is arm strength, and that will diminish with each passing year. The guy was riding a freakin bicycle on the sidelines a couple years ago when he should have been in the game. No big game intangibles.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 AM

10,485 posts, read 5,947,197 times
Sure they overpaid but what exactly where there options? As average and frustrating as this guy is at least he gave the team a chance. For decades they tried, and failed, to go big with a bad QB. I don't want to hear about Rex Grossman, that was all their defense and Devin Hester. Well they don't have that defense anymore and Hester is 31. Again what are their options in a league where the QB is becoming more and more important each day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or