U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:32 PM

11,911 posts, read 9,453,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Mike Shanahan and to a lesser extent RGIII, got barbequed for leaving an obviously injured QB in that playoff game last year. Let me go out on a limb and assume that you thought it was a mistake too. If you didn't you would be about the only one.

So now you call Cutler a wussie for not dong the same thing?

Child please.
everyone witnessed RGIII get injured a few weeks earlier. They couldn't even find the play where Cutler was injured in the NFC championship.

There is a difference between being injured and being hurt... that championship game may be the closest he gets to a shot at a SB and he was in pads on an exercise bike.

You NEVER see a franchise QB stay in pads on the sideline... and the reason you don't see it is because legit franchise QBs will demand to play if they are on the sidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 07:32 PM

109 posts, read 274,305 times
Quote:
Mike Shanahan and to a lesser extent RGIII, got barbequed for leaving an obviously injured QB in that playoff game last year. Let me go out on a limb and assume that you thought it was a mistake too. If you didn't you would be about the only one.

So now you call Cutler a wussie for not dong the same thing?

Child please.
How can you compare his RG's injury to Cutler's?? T.O. tried to play with a broken leg, Gronk tried to play with half healed arm and many more names you can count. So, yes, he was a wuss that day. Everybody gets hurt. Up until this last year players with concussion possibility used to return to the games.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:37 AM

1,643 posts, read 1,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
its football, everyone sacrifices their body. Eli also has a pouty face..it's more than that.

Eli also has two rings in which he was mentally tough enough to win in the final moments. Do you think Cutler would be able to do that? The way Eli got physically assaulted in San Francisco in that championship game at Candlestick and kept bouncing back was his finest piece of quaterbacking. Cutler was taking a spinning class on the sidelines in far more ideal conditions.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Eli also has two rings in which he was mentally tough enough to win in the final moments. Do you think Cutler would be able to do that? The way Eli got physically assaulted in San Francisco in that championship game at Candlestick and kept bouncing back was his finest piece of quaterbacking. Cutler was taking a spinning class on the sidelines in far more ideal conditions.
Thats why I said its more than a pouty face with Cutler... I think its pretty obvious how I feel about Cutler

Old 01-07-2014, 02:11 PM

10,544 posts, read 5,999,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adk34 View Post
How can you compare his RG's injury to Cutler's??
Um because it was a very similar situation. The big difference of course is RGIIi was cleared by the doctors to return, a decisioin that has been bashed for a year. The decision to pull Cutler was made by the Bears medical staff. It was later revealed that Cutler had a sprained MCL, which is similar to RGIII's grade 2 knee sprain. So the Redskins were stupid for risking further injury with Griff but Cutler is a wussie for not doing the same? He tried to throw and could not, it's that simple.

Look I hate Cutler, I think he is a whiney beotch. But to call him a wuss for not going against the doctor, especially after what we saw in Washington last year, is just stupid.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 01-07-2014 at 02:35 PM..

Old 01-07-2014, 04:34 PM

109 posts, read 274,305 times
RGIII is a running QB and he forced it. I am sure Cutler could have stuck it out for 30 minutes and also it would boot the morale of the team knowing that their "leader" is sacrificing and sharing the work load. The fans would have carried the team at least. By quitting he let everyone down. That's my opinion.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Um because it was a very similar situation. The big difference of course is RGIIi was cleared by the doctors to return, a decisioin that has been bashed for a year. The decision to pull Cutler was made by the Bears medical staff. It was later revealed that Cutler had a sprained MCL, which is similar to RGIII's grade 2 knee sprain. So the Redskins were stupid for risking further injury with Griff but Cutler is a wussie for not doing the same? He tried to throw and could not, it's that simple.

Look I hate Cutler, I think he is a whiney beotch. But to call him a wuss for not going against the doctor, especially after what we saw in Washington last year, is just stupid.
nope... it was stupid for the Redskins because they had Cousins who is/was a pretty good back up.

The injury may have been "similar" but it wasn't the same and Cutler was in the NFCCG. You don't get that chance too often in life as a QB. If the Bears won that game I bet the house Cutler would have played in the SB.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:49 AM

11,740 posts, read 11,598,426 times
I read somewhere Cutler will receive the same guaranteed amount as Aaron Rodgers in their respective contracts!

Wow! Bears must have high expectations because he isn't exactly at that level yet!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or