U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:27 PM

6,416 posts, read 4,830,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
They were the Philadelphia Eagles home opener this season... just like New Orleans in 2009, Green Bay in 2010, NY Giants in 2011, and Baltimore in 2012.

Prepare to hoist the Lombardi Bolt fans!
This is a pretty strong post...you will be flamed hard core if Chargers dont pull it out. Its an Exciting thread lol though, makes things interesting.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM

6,416 posts, read 4,830,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
At this time its extremely unpopular to go against a #1 or #2..... good for you Kees to make that prediction! I like it!

Fun topic....I would LOVE to see the Chargers play the Broncos again....out of the 5 teams, I think the Chargers are the 2nd biggest challenge besides the Patriots....

Old 01-05-2014, 08:33 PM

28,456 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I can see Chargers upsetting the Bengals. I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego get as far as the AFC Championship. It could happen.
Halfway there...

Denver does not want to see them coming to town.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 PM

14,548 posts, read 22,412,765 times
This thread will last exactly 7 more days, so enjoy.

Nice run by the Bolts though.

Oh, and as far as offensive coordinators go, Peyton Manning > McCoy.

Y'all will see what I mean in about a week.

Oh, and to the OP, you will be bowing down to and praising the Denver Broncos when you see that they are the final obstacle to your beloved Seahawks on that mission to that Lombardi Trophy.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:17 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,954,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Yay for you!

You've found your bandwagon to jump on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
This is a pretty strong post...you will be flamed hard core if Chargers dont pull it out. Its an Exciting thread lol though, makes things interesting.
Ehh... no. I'm not on any Chargers bandwagon and gotta ask, why would I be flamed?

I'm not a Chargers fan. I merely posted this thread to point out a truly odd statistic... the fact that the last 4 teams that were in Philadelphia for the Eagles home opener won the Super Bowl.

Chargers were there this year... but I'm still not on their bandwagon and I'm definitely not a fan. No way in hell I could be a fan of a team that fires a coach coming off a 14-2 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Oh, and to the OP, you will be bowing down to and praising the Denver Broncos when you see that they are the final obstacle to your beloved Seahawks on that mission to that Lombardi Trophy.
I must have missed the thread where I said I was a Seahawks fan.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:18 PM

10,674 posts, read 11,083,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Halfway there...

Denver does not want to see them coming to town.
How do you figure? For the Broncos it was "pick your poison." Going into the games today the Broncos were getting either the Colts or the Chargers, both of which have beaten them. But I don't think they're sitting around fretting because the Chargers are inbound. If they take the field and play Broncos football the way they know they can, they will be just fine.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,912,172 times
One playoff win and their champions;LOL. Long hard road ahead and they need to pickup their game.But I guess compared to years before it seems like destiny.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I must have missed the thread where I said I was a Seahawks fan.
What you missed was my facetiousness.

I know you're not a Seahawk fan because you spend most your time bad-mouthing them in their now-closed down threads.

No, you're a fan of the Atlanta Falcons er Arizona Cardinals er NY Giants er Green Bay Packers er San Francisco 49ers er New Orleans Saints er Baltimore Ravens er San Diego Chargers!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:09 PM

255 posts, read 465,732 times
I'm a huge Charger fan and I've been defending them all week when EVERYBODY said they didn't have a shot in Cinci.

Yes, they lost some stupid games early in the year, but they were still finding their rhythm with an all new coaching staff and missing key defensive players.

Everyone likes to point out they struggled against the Chiefs 2/3 stringers..They have no tape on any of these players, hard to game plan for that and these are still NFL players we're talking about.

Other than that, they already beat Denver IN DENVER, they beat the Chiefs #1's IN KANSAS CITY, they beat the Colts, they are the only team to now beat Cinci IN CINCI etc..

Couple that with that fact that McCoy know's the Broncos very well, and the fact that the Chargers have ALWAYS given Peyton Manning a hard time and have a history of beating him in big games..I would suggest that people step away from the #18 bandwagon and take a realistic look at this game.

I'm not saying the Bolts will win again, but I can promise that they will give the Donkey's a hell of a hard time and make them earn everything they get.

People love to nut hug Peyton, but truth be told other than his one SB, his playoff history is nothing more than mediocre.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:28 PM

At least he has a playoff history.

The last time I remember the Bolts going far in the playoffs was about 1994 or so.

So 20 years ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or