U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 PM

4,312 posts, read 1,872,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Not the AFCCG, dude. That was the divisional round, as in, the Chargers' first game. They were one and done and couldn't beat Brady at home when the guy threw 4 INTs. If memory serves, Kaeding missed at least one FG.

I think it's a stretch to say the Chargers "got far" when they were one and done in a year they went 14-2.
Actually, yes the Chargers did play in the 2007 AFC championship game. You are referencing a prior season.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:06 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,799,814 times
The Chargers winning the Super Bowl! Snowballs chance in hell! lol

Old 01-08-2014, 10:59 PM

8,485 posts, read 10,503,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
The Chargers winning the Super Bowl! Snowballs chance in hell! lol
Exactly! I don't know what's making these Chargers fans have all of these unrealistic expectations. They are not beating the Denver Broncos! Besides, the Chargers always find a way to choke in the big games. Which is probably why they don't have any Superbowl wins.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:29 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,136,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Exactly! I don't know what's making these Chargers fans have all of these unrealistic expectations. They are not beating the Denver Broncos! Besides, the Chargers always find a way to choke in the big games. Which is probably why they don't have any Superbowl wins.
Anything can happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brady
We're going to score 17 points.....hahaha....okay
I think every team is capable of beating each other with the exception of Colts beating the Patriots but you never know. If it was Indianapolis vs Denver, I think the Colts could take on the Broncos. I believe the Chargers can keep up with the Broncos.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:47 PM

4,913 posts, read 3,991,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I think this is a fun thread, I can't believe everyone is being so serious and arguing.

My favorite comment is about the "Evil Patriots" totally agree.

If I have to watch another Super Bowl with Tom Brady playing, I will barf!
THE NFL snickers bag never lies.......

Old 01-10-2014, 10:42 AM

832 posts, read 961,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Yea..... Because we haven't been able to beat them.... Oh wait.... We did a couple weeks ago.

At this point, i'm just proud of my Chargers win or lose.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:03 PM

754 posts, read 871,747 times
I live in Denver and am from SD...I am a Charger fan in enemy territory GOOOO CHARGERS!

BTW, I was at the Thursday night game when the Chargers beat the Broncos. I must say that my Denver brothers and sisters were in no way rude or violent. All I heard when speaking to Bronco's fans was that I was welcome here and that Denver is not Oakland

Old 01-10-2014, 01:25 PM

368 posts, read 309,303 times
Hats off on a terrific year, Chargers fans, and I wish your team all the best Sunday afternoon. That being said, just be weary of one thing. If the Chargers can pull off consecutive road wins in Cincinnati and Denver (a very, very impressive feat), they would still be considered heavy underdogs JUST based on the fact that the Chargers, a warm-weather team, would have to make the trip 3,000 miles east to play in a "brisk, bitter" Foxboro Stadium alone. I guarantee that guys like Skip Bayless would cite weather as a factor even though the Chargers would have pulled off two wins in a row in game time temperatures that were below freezing. We all know Skippy loves his Patriots (particularly Tom Brady) and he's picking San Diego to beat Denver this week. That's why we haven't heard much about Peyton's struggles in cold weather. The media never addresses Peyton and cold weather when the team that is playing Denver comes from a warmer city. I don't blame Skip for his prediction this week. The Chargers are very talented and absolutely have a great shot at beating Denver. But if that does happen and New England holds off the Colts, you will start hearing from him and others about how Phil is a southern boy from Alabama and how Keenan Allen, the top receiver for the Chargers, is only a rookie and will be under tremendous pressure and drop passes, etc etc. There is a reason Pats fans cheer for San Diego this week. They see your Chargers as a weak team and believe that the Pats would smother them. They wanted San Diego to beat Cincinnati for that very same reason, because the Bengals had beat their team in the regular season. But their fans wouldn't respect a team EVEN if that team went into Cincinnati and Denver and handed both losses.

Just be ready for the fakeness because they have been praising your team all week, as have the rest of us. But if it does become San Diego @ New England, they're going to then start using negatives about your team that they're not acknowledging THIS week with the Chargers in Denver. Hopefully, my diction all makes sense to you.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:00 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,032,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Actually, yes the Chargers did play in the 2007 AFC championship game. You are referencing a prior season.
Yeah...I actually realized that was what the poster may have been referring to some time after I wrote my post. Seasons are referred to as "2006 season" when part of it is the next year and that always confuses me.

Anyway I liked my rant so I just left it as is. I liked the Chargers back in 2006 so that game really stuck with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I think every team is capable of beating each other with the exception of Colts beating the Patriots but you never know.
Why do people fear the Pats in the playoffs so much? The Colts definitely have a chance but they will have to play MUCH better defense. If they don't then they are done.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:37 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,136,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

Why do people fear the Pats in the playoffs so much? The Colts definitely have a chance but they will have to play MUCH better defense. If they don't then they are done.
Is not so much about the Patriots, it's more about how the Colts will play.
You cannot turnover the ball and fall behind so early and expect to win. Colts have to do more than just play better defense. This team have gotten beaten badly in the season and fell behind early last week.

Due to a few injuries and poor clock management from the Chiefs, the Colts was able to get into rhythm in the second half and outscore the Chiefs 35-13 in the second half despite their numerous turnovers. I just do not know what to expect from the Colts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or