U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:47 PM

27,092 posts, read 5,977,450 times

Advertisements

Licking them right now
...what a game that would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Does it really get any better than that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 06:35 PM

536 posts, read 474,436 times
It would be a great game, but I have no faith in Peyton's ability to not go one-and-out. He has done it 8 out of his 11 trips to the postseason.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:01 AM

10,691 posts, read 11,714,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Does it really get any better than that?
Yes Luck vs Manning part TWO..............

Old 01-11-2014, 11:24 AM

1,887 posts, read 1,798,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I would like to see some other young players in the SB rather than Peyton and Tom. They've been there done it, let another team that hasn't been go to the SB! I'm kind of thinking Panthers and Colts (or Chargers)!

I know the Colts were there in 2006 or thereabouts but would be cool for Andrew Luck to go!
I relish this game if it happens. We are looking at a time in the NFL where a couple of the BEST QB's
of all time is nearing a close..One more chapter is most welcome here.

There are plenty of years ahead to see if any of the young guns come close to what either of these have..
Time will tell.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:38 AM

1,887 posts, read 1,798,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
That matchup would be pretty lame, as I'm a Pats hater, so I'm pulling for the Colts this weekend.

People overrate the Pats in the playoffs anyway. It isn't 2005 anymore.

A team that has set the record for most wins in a decade is not overrated, never mind winning all but 2 afc titles since 2001, and 5 trips to the Super Bowl. That's not being overrated, those are the facts! And not having a losing season since 2000..

I'm sure many people hate em as they get tired of watching their own teams being losers...I've been there, as the Pat's where a losing franchise until new ownership; Bill Parcells came and the rest is history. And after brady and bill are done, I may be sitting on your side of the fence. But for now I'll enjoy watching and relishing
2 of the best ever play the game.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,003,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
A team that has set the record for most wins in a decade is not overrated, never mind winning all but 2 afc titles since 2001, and 5 trips to the Super Bowl. That's not being overrated, those are the facts! And not having a losing season since 2000..
0 rings in the last 8 seasons, last seen getting shut out in the 2nd half in their own stadium. People need to stop riding their jock.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:05 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,772,951 times
Quote:
I relish this game if it happens. We are looking at a time in the NFL where a couple of the BEST QB's
of all time is nearing a close..One more chapter is most welcome here.

There are plenty of years ahead to see if any of the young guns come close to what either of these have..
Time will tell.
Both Brady and Manning are in that "Elway" phase of their careers. They got a 2-3 good seasons left. I would still love to see one more match up though before they both close out. Honestly Brady is just building his resume, he's done everything he needed to do in the first 7 years of his career.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:06 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,029,751 times
Quote:

I'm sure many people hate em as they get tired of watching their own teams being losers...I've been there, as the Pat's where a losing franchise until new ownership; Bill Parcells came and the rest is history. And after brady and bill are done, I may be sitting on your side of the fence. But for now I'll enjoy watching and relishing
2 of the best ever play the game.
Um, I don't hate the Pats because I'm envious of them, like a lot of Pats fans assume. This thread isn't the place for me to explain all the reasons why.

I say they are overrated because every single year they are hyped as the Super Bowl favorites and in December and January, I get to hear all about how great they are etc. etc. and then they lose.

This year is a bit different. I'm really surprised by all the people saying the Niners will win.

Anyway, this match-up is happening and despite the fact I hate the Pats, I do respect them, and I know they will play well because that's what they do. I just hope the Broncos play better.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:08 PM

5,445 posts, read 8,175,621 times
I really hope the Broncos win! Wish it was the Colts though.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,852,497 times
Should be an awesome game. And no, I wouldn't want it to be any other teams if it wasn't going to be mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or