U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Falcons get Vick from Free Agency as a backup QB?
Yes: Bring Vick back to Atlanta, he's forgiven. 3 12.00%
No: Falcons have no need for him 10 40.00%
Yes, BUT: they'll never let him return 1 4.00%
No: Need or no need, He doesn't deserve to return 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 PM

4,370 posts, read 5,158,833 times

Advertisements

Heck no. There is no need to ever bring Vick back. He had his time with the Falcons, but he is not what the Falcons need. The Falcons problem is NOT a QB anyway. I'm not sure why people keep asking for a QB, when our issues are offensive line, defensive line, deep coverage, and a swath of other issues. A QB is not the answer to the Falcons problems. Fix the o-line first before we start looking at another QB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 AM

19,451 posts, read 17,539,397 times
He'd fit in as a backup in New England, or possibly Dallas or Oakland. As much as I liked Andy Reid, I wanted to put a fist in his fat belly for bringing him to the Eagles. It was just a brain dead move that made zero sense.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:38 PM

1,998 posts, read 3,039,243 times
It would be nice to see Michael Vick in Super Bowl - ESPN

For all of you that will never forgive Vick, you are the pit of society...
One day you too are going to need forgiveness... I hope for your sake the people that you hope forgive you are better human beings than you are...

Old 01-22-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Heck no. There is no need to ever bring Vick back. He had his time with the Falcons, but he is not what the Falcons need. The Falcons problem is NOT a QB anyway. I'm not sure why people keep asking for a QB, when our issues are offensive line, defensive line, deep coverage, and a swath of other issues. A QB is not the answer to the Falcons problems. Fix the o-line first before we start looking at another QB.
Who ever suggested a QB was an "answer to the Falcons problems?" Geez... you guys kill me with this short sight.

Bringing Vick to Falcons is not a "fix all, problem solver" NOR is the decision a "we can either sign Vick OR fix the o-line..."
That's just ridiculous to even suggest that. You're talking apples to oranges.

All it would serve is to place a veteran QB on the roster as a backup, because right now, all we have is D. Davis and Renfree, and neither are nearly ready to play if Ryan were to get injured. Vick is field ready. AND he's matured to a level that it wouldn't hurt having him work with Ryan as a veteran.

Fixing the problems of the O-Line and the D-Line, and the Special Teams, and the Running Game (aka O-Line), etc... are all different stories, and can all also be done whether Vick becomes a Falcon or not.

Y'all act like we can only make one move, and we have to choose which move to make to fix the Falcons problem...... C'mon

Old 01-22-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
As much as I don't think Vick is a starting QB, there are plenty of teams with starting QBs that are as bad or worse. I could see him starting for some team that is desperate.
I don't think he's starting material anymore... I think he needs to be a good backup.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:39 AM

3,577 posts, read 5,839,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
It would be nice to see Michael Vick in Super Bowl - ESPN

For all of you that will never forgive Vick, you are the pit of society...
One day you too are going to need forgiveness... I hope for your sake the people that you hope forgive you are better human beings than you are...

then I am the pits and proud of it.

this POS deserves no forgiveness for his cruelty to INNOCENT HELPLESS CREATURES

read The Lost dogs...then tell me he needs forgiveness

like child killers or people who hurt the elderly deserve forgiveness ? Give me a break

personally I hope he does get a starting role...at the worst team in the NFL, so defensive lineman can inflict pain on him.......that's called Karma

or maybe get two of them to swing him against a tree till he is half dead. or hang him from a branch, or leave him crippled so badly he has to be euthanized......need I go on ?

No ? see ya in the pits....but if its hell. Vick will be there first

Old 01-23-2014, 12:31 PM

4,370 posts, read 5,158,833 times
This is the thing that annoys me about Atlanta fans. It's clear that Michael Vick was loved in Atlanta. And people are more Michael Vick fans than Atlanta Falcon fans. Vick adds NOTHING to the team at this point. The Falcons already have a very above average QB in Matt Ryan who works better with the system. As far as backup QBs are concerned, I'm sure there are much better choices around the league. There are definitely backups who are younger and have more going for them than Vick does. Again, stop letting Michael Vick fandom blind you to reality. The Falcons owe Vick nothing, Vick adds nothing worthwhile by being with the Falcons, and Falcons have bigger problems than a backup QB.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:56 AM

1 posts, read 316 times
Saw Vick at a restaurant Friday in Atlanta, changes twitter avatar to falcons uni Saturday... Coincidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football