U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Falcons get Vick from Free Agency as a backup QB?
Yes: Bring Vick back to Atlanta, he's forgiven. 3 12.00%
No: Falcons have no need for him 10 40.00%
Yes, BUT: they'll never let him return 1 4.00%
No: Need or no need, He doesn't deserve to return 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:18 PM

1,998 posts, read 3,095,382 times

Advertisements

Opinion: With Atlanta's current backup quarterbacks, if Ryan gets injured, Atlanta is in DEEP trouble, EVEN deeper than they were this past year.

Fact: Atlanta Falcons organization identify "backup Quarterback" as a current team need...

Opinion: Atlanta should pick up a pretty good VETERAN Quarterback to back up Ryan

Fact: Michael Vick is now a free agent quarterback...

Fact: Michael Vick is a veteran quarterback coming closer to the end of his career.

I think it would be a great idea for the Falcons to go out and pick up Michael Vick from free agency as a back-up quarterback.
I think having him back in a Falcons uniform will send a MAJOR statement of forgiveness and healing. Will say that bye-gones are bye-gones and there is healing after repentance and having paid for your actions.
I also believe having him back in Atlanta would fill seats at the GA Dome with all those still surviving Vick fans that would be fanatical at the news that he's coming back to Atlanta. They'd be LOUD in the Dome and anxiously waiting to see if he gets a chance to set foot on the field, no matter if he plays good or bad.
Would also allow for new jersey sells for the Falcons organization who is losing their top jersey sell to retirement in Tony Gonzalez.

I think it's time to let the past be the past. It's been nearly a nearly 7 years since, and he's paid the price and has clearly changed into a better, more mature person and player.
I think it's time to bring him home to the nest.

Last edited by Psykomonkee; 01-12-2014 at 10:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 10:30 PM

17,579 posts, read 40,612,576 times
I'm trying to think of a worse decision, but I can't come up with anything.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I'm trying to think of a worse decision, but I can't come up with anything.
With no explanation of why not, it just sounds like hatred

Old 01-12-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
With no explanation of why not, it just sounds like hatred
There are plenty of reasons. If you can't see that for yourself there is probably nothing anyone can say that will change your mind.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,044,527 times
Quote:

I think it would be a great idea for the Falcons to go out and pick up Michael Vick from free agency as a back-up quarterback.

Would also allow for new jersey sells for the Falcons organization who is losing their top jersey sell to retirement in Tony Gonzalez.

I think it's time to let the past be the past. It's been nearly a nearly 7 years since, and he's paid the price and has clearly changed into a better, more mature person and player.
I think it's time to bring him home to the nest.
Lets not and say we did.

Ok so for a minute lets pretend that the past doesn't exist.

My reasons for not bringing him to Atlanta:

1) He's over the hill
2) He sucks
3) Chris Redman is a better backup

As far as the jerseys go... I never bought #88. I bought #11... and it will continue to sell.

The Falcons need help in a lot of areas... and don't need the drama or distractions from Vick coming back. The fans may boycott... I know I would if I were still a Georgia resident.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 PM

8,510 posts, read 10,748,093 times
I could see it now. As soon as Matt Ryan throws his first interception, Falcon fans will be screaming for Vick to get on the field.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Lets not and say we did.

Ok so for a minute lets pretend that the past doesn't exist.

My reasons for not bringing him to Atlanta:

1) He's over the hill
2) He sucks
3) Chris Redman is a better backup

As far as the jerseys go... I never bought #88. I bought #11... and it will continue to sell.

The Falcons need help in a lot of areas... and don't need the drama or distractions from Vick coming back. The fans may boycott... I know I would if I were still a Georgia resident.
Redman? LOL
Okay, Well, first off, let's start with Chris Redman isn't even a Falcons' QB... As a matter of fact, he's nobody's QB... He hasn't played in the NFL since the 2011 season. So, he's not even a backup. The current Falcons' backup QBs are D. Davis and the Renfree guy. They both STINK a whole lot worse than Vick, which is why the Falcons have (for the second year straight) identified "backup QB" as a team need.

Sure he's over the hill... Of course he's over the hill... That is why he'd be a backup... duh...

Great, you bought #11. Good on ya. But do you really think others won't produce new Falcons' revenue from Vick jersey sells???

Lastly, explain WHY boycott??? Boycott against what??? A man that hasn't already paid his price?

"here's to being better than thou & F*** forgiveness, huh?"

Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,044,527 times
Quote:
Redman? LOL
Okay, Well, first off, let's start with Chris Redman isn't even a Falcons' QB... As a matter of fact, he's nobody's QB... He hasn't played in the NFL since the 2011 season.
I know... and he's still a better backup than Mike Vick.

If Vick were any good Foles would be backing him up in Philadelphia.

Quote:

Okay Lastly, explain WHY boycott??? Boycott against what??? A man that hasn't already paid his price?

"here's to being better than thou & F*** forgiveness, huh?"
Boycott buying tickets... the NFL is a business like any other and Blank is a pretty smart guy. With the Falcons having a new stadium in the works bringing Vick back makes no business sense... or football sense for that matter.

He's done. Let him ride off into the sunset. I forgive him for his crimes... and still wouldn't want him on my team.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:56 AM

14,282 posts, read 9,548,108 times
I think Foles is over-rated, Vick's got the quicker release. The problem is Vick often goes to running instead of passing. He makes very poor decisions when he's a pocket passer.

Vick can still play in NFL with the right system with a good OL.

I just don't think the Falcons need him anymore.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think Foles is over-rated, Vick's got the quicker release. The problem is Vick often goes to running instead of passing. He makes very poor decisions when he's a pocket passer.

Vick can still play in NFL with the right system with a good OL.
So lets think about this. Vick makes poor decisions when he's a pocket passer. When he runs he has the durability of rice paper. Is there a system where you don't have to be a pocket passer and you don't have to take hits?

At least he is young and hasn't lost a step..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football