U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 12:40 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,615,868 times

Advertisements

Well, looks like chicken fried crow is on the menu for me today -- congrats Seahawks fans.

I think the officiating was bad, but bad breaks are part of the game, and that's not ultimately why the 49ers lost. They allowed Seattle to make big play after big play, despite controlling them for much of the game. I'd like to think that Denver will win, but Seattle looks like the stronger team at this point.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 02:16 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,613,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Just think... In 2 weeks you can go buy yourself one while thinking about what could have been...
Then again, maybe not.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Your team and city is going to a lot of trouble in smacking down your last opponent.
I don't live in Seattle.

Quote:
Enjoy it.
Absolutely

Quote:
That was your SuperBowl win right there.
You are probably right, the best two team in the NFL decided it on the field on Sunday past.

Quote:
If y'all weren't too busy patting yourselves on your own back, maybe a respectable and worthy opponent such as the San Francisco 49ers would do it for you.
I don't really care what a worthy and respectable team like the 49ers think.

Quote:
No, that last throw would have had the Ners winning by one point.
And if pigs could fly you get the same results...Seattle is in the SB and the 49ers aren't.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:05 PM

14,603 posts, read 22,462,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I don't live in Seattle.
Good for you. And your point?

Quote:
You are probably right, the best two team in the NFL decided it on the field on Sunday past.
Ignorance is bliss.

Quote:
I don't really care what a worthy and respectable team like the 49ers think.
That's nice. They're in your team's division. You win some and you lose some. Not respecting your opponent is a sign of character. I'd heard someone from Seattle say before the game something about how there would probably be no handshakes when the game ended. That's called a premeditated and fancied resentment. Rest well Seahawks.

Quote:
And if pigs could fly you get the same results...Seattle is in the SB and the 49ers aren't.
This is true, but not by much. The Seahawks acted like they were in a different league... or as Kees says, a team who's won too many Superbowls already.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Good for you. And your point?

Ignorance is bliss.

That's nice. They're in your team's division. You win some and you lose some. Not respecting your opponent is a sign of character. I'd heard someone from Seattle say before the game something about how there would probably be no handshakes when the game ended. That's called a premeditated and fancied resentment. Rest well Seahawks.

This is true, but not by much. The Seahawks acted like they were in a different league... or as Kees says, a team who's won too many Superbowls already.
You want cheese on that 40Whine burger?

For your information it was Crabtree who pushed Sherman in the face when Sherman put out his hand for a hand shake. So just who is the bad guy here?

Old 01-21-2014, 12:39 AM

14,603 posts, read 22,462,064 times
Like I said on your other thread of this pic, perhaps Sherman had the funk on his breath.

The caption should read, "Shut your mouth and give yer ass a chance."

Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 AM

7,475 posts, read 20,236,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Just think... In 2 weeks you can go buy yourself one while thinking about what could have been...
In two weeks I look forward to you keeping your promise and doing a swan dive off the space needle and making Seattle a better place for all.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:51 AM

7,475 posts, read 20,236,760 times
Quote:
No, that last throw would have had the Ners winning by one point.
If SF would have scored six more TD's, they would have won by six TD's.... Woulda, shoulda, coulda...
The qame is over SF lost...

Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,963,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
In two weeks I look forward to you keeping your promise and doing a swan dive off the space needle and making Seattle a better place for all.
How would you see it hiding in that hole with the rest of the Hawk fans?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,615,868 times
FWIW, I think the calls were garbage, and I think they may have influenced the game, but I remember something that White Herzog, legendary manager of the Cardinals baseball team said after losing the World Series in Game 7 after a blown call seriously helped Kansas City claw back and win Game 6 the previous night. He basically said, the better team won - period. Good teams don't let games get decided by bad luck. Bill Walsh said essentially the same thing. I think that's even what Harbaugh was saying in a roundabout way in the post-game presser. San Francisco controlled most of the game but Seattle made big play after big play, and San Francisco started making big mistake after big mistake. I was really impressed with Russell Wilson and how the individual receivers, who are basically above average but not individually great, stepped up and just made huge plays.

Since I can't post this on the SB 48 thread at the moment, I'll just go ahead and give my quick take on the upcoming match-up. I think Denver's an exciting team. I think their offense is phenomenal. Their quarterback is phenomenal. And a lot of people overlook him, but John Fox is gradually becoming a phenomenal coach in his own right. Let's not forget the fact that before Manning, he was the one who had to decide whether to stick with a practically winless starter in Kyle Orton or to go with this backup that every single NFL expert and even scouts said was simply unable to play, to the point that he may have actually risked his own credibility by having him start and lose in monumentally embarrassing fashion. And what does Fox do? He tosses out the old playbook and rewrites it to adapt it to Tebow's limited but acknowledge strengths. That's what great coaches do, and you know what? No matter how individually great Manning is, he didn't advance Denver any farther than TT until this year. Now that's a damn good coach, and that's why Denver's impressive. They have a lot going for them.

That said, I just don't think they can win this game. I think they'll have their moments against Seattle. I think they'll be particularly interested in studying what Andrew Luck and Indianapolis did to them. I think Indy probably is the one team that might have devised a formula for keeping the Seattle defense on its heels. I think a highly accurate pocket passer who can continue checking for open receivers and eventually find the mismatch is probably the best bet to challenge Richard Sherman and Co. I think Seattle will probably play better than they did against Indy. I think the defensive front will be crucial to this game, because just keeping Peyton in the pocket isn't enough. They need to make him move. If they can do that a few times and either bring him down or hurry him, then he won't have time to check off the receivers. It's the ability to see the whole field and check off receivers that's critical against Seattle. Kaepernick, though improving, still needs more time to develop this skill, assuming he ever will develop it at all. We know Seattle can cover the big receivers, but can they cover the slots, and can they cover receivers as they change routes. I think they can.

Meanwhile, Denver's defense is going to have problems with Seattle. I think the Seahawks could end up having one of their best offensive days in a while. I say this because I don't think Denver's played anyone quite like Russell Wilson. I know they played Philadelphia and spanked them earlier in the year but that was when Philly was still trying to implement and work its offense into a groove. I don't think they've played a guy like Wilson, who's probably the very best among all of the new prototypical mobile quarterbacks (i.e. RGIII, Kaepernick, Newton, Foles). Denver's ability to slow down NE's power running attack is definitely good news for the Broncos, but Beast Mode is more physical than any runner in the NFL. I think Seattle will wear down Denver for a late win.

I like Seattle 31 Denver 27
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football