U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 05:10 PM

5,448 posts, read 8,239,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm not ready to consider how the Broncos will do in the Superbowl yet as they're not sure if they'll be playing the 9ers or the Hawks yet.

So, I'm trying to acknowledge some of the questions we've been presented with these last couple weeks...

What will Peyton Manning feel like watching his replacement Andrew Luck take out his nemeses Tom Brady?

How does Peyton Manning feel having less playoff wins for the Broncos than Tim Tebow?

How does Peyton Manning feel being One-and-done in the playoffs again?

Will Peyton Manning retire after he loses to Tom Brady... again?

How does Peyton Manning feel having 1/3 the the wins Tom Brady has in playoff games against one another?

Hmmm, Peyton and that oline were in synch today. Hope the rest of the team can heal up a bit.

Go Broncos.
!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 05:25 PM

11,760 posts, read 11,646,857 times
Great post, the Tim Tebow ones always gets me, only in their minds was he wonderful in the playoffs!

A healthy Bronco team will be formidable!

Old 01-20-2014, 08:07 AM

5,755 posts, read 4,294,610 times
I think the question now begs, did Tom Brady hurt his legacy?

Of course not, but all the Manning haters have to get change their talking points..

Old 01-20-2014, 09:19 AM

1,643 posts, read 1,611,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think the question now begs, did Tom Brady hurt his legacy?

Of course not, but all the Manning haters have to get change their talking points..

Seriously? Brady hurt his legacy. With the players Brady has..I doubt Manning would have even gotten that New England team to the AFC Championship game.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,048,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Seriously? Brady hurt his legacy. With the players Brady has..I doubt Manning would have even gotten that New England team to the AFC Championship game.
He was being facetious. And now you're being hypothetical. Facts are facts. The Pats lost. Get over it.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:59 PM

368 posts, read 311,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Could've, would've, should've, maybe this, possibly that.

You said you liked Peyton a lot in your first post. Forgive me if I don't believe you because you certainly aren't acting like you do. I think you just said that in an effort to cover yourself.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:43 PM

1,643 posts, read 1,611,463 times
2 interceptions in the first half for the greatest regular season qb of all time. If this continues you cant tell me his legacy wont be hurt!

Old 02-02-2014, 07:07 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,480,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Nope. Still a future Hall of Famer.
Agreed! Peyton, no matter what he does the rest of his career, will go down as one of the best to play his position. End of story. He only adds to his legacy with any more records or Super Bowl wins. He doesn't tarnish or diminish his legacy with any losses, Super Bowl or not, and I'm writing this as the Broncos are getting manhandled by the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. I don't sit here and think..."Oh his legacy is getting tarnished"...I think.." The Broncos and him are just getting outplayed"

Old 02-02-2014, 09:08 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,387,987 times
All you have to do is win one. He's done it. He's a Hall of Fame lock.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,639,711 times
Peyton's still am amazing QB. Seattle was just too physical for Denver but 38 year old Manning after three neck surgeries had Denver within one game if a title, with a record year for any player at his position. Anyone who seriously buys into this idea that today's game dents his legacy doesn't know football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or