U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Seattle Seahawks! 36 39.13%
Denver Broncos! 56 60.87%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 11:18 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,164,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
IM hoping for a blizzard the coldest football game in sports history. Thats what I need.

Yep. Perhaps it will set the tone for the NFL to allow all 32 cities to be able to host a Super Bowl at some point down the road regardless of climate.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:26 PM

369 posts, read 807,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
everytime the #1 defense goes against the #1 offense in the S.B.....The defense have won.

The NFC plays a physical type of defense that you dont see in the AFC this year......that will be the difference.

I think it's something like #1 Defense has beaten #1 offense 3 out the 4 times they've played, this being the fifth. We'll see how it goes.

My thoughts:

SF only got about 30 yards rushing from players not named Kaepernick. Frank Gore had 14.
If they can stop the Broncos from ruinning the ball effectively, they are in good shape.

The secondary just has to lock down the Denver receivers long enough to get pressure on Manning, he isn't going to extend plays with his legs, and that's the kind of QB that tends to give Seattle trouble.

I like the Hawks in this one, close, but I think the Hawks will get it done.

As an aside, everyone that hopes to see the Peyton carve up the secondary, and blow Seattle out? I get that people don't like Richard Sherman, but be realistic. Denver only manged 26 against New England, in Denver, on a 60 degree day.

No blowout coming, sorry.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:58 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,643,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Seattle has also not faced an offense nearly as good or as productive as Denver.

Peyton will not be Kaepernick and (likely) won't fumble and throw two interceptions late in the fourth quarter to give it away.

The Denver defense may not be fantastic but neither is Seattle's O.

Remember that Denver and Seattle do not know each other at all. Seattle benefits from the Niners being in their division and they had already beaten them once. The Broncos know the Pats fairly well also.

You had better bet these teams will study every aspect of each other in the next few weeks. Should be good!
Eh....Seattle shut out the Saints and Brees, who were in the top five all season in offense, for three quarters just last week in case you missed it.

You can not compare Denver offense with Seattle as both are set up to do different things...Denver is a passing team and Seattle is a run first team. They use the run to set up the pass. Where Denver using the pass to set up the pass.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,643,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You really just dismissed Peyton Manning by comparing his running ability to Kaepernick?

Wow. I'm going to chalk that up to the residual effects of excessive celebration with Tequila last night.
Not sure what you on about, but I did no such thing. I dismissed Denver running game as second rate.

I did have one and half beer during the game which was way over my limit.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:09 PM

351 posts, read 328,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Seattle has also not faced an offense nearly as good or as productive as Denver.

Peyton will not be Kaepernick and (likely) won't fumble and throw two interceptions late in the fourth quarter to give it away.

The Denver defense may not be fantastic but neither is Seattle's O.

Remember that Denver and Seattle do not know each other at all. Seattle benefits from the Niners being in their division and they had already beaten them once. The Broncos know the Pats fairly well also.

You had better bet these teams will study every aspect of each other in the next few weeks. Should be good!

not true.....Saints are ranked #2 in the NFL in the passing attack behind the Broncos and the Seahawks beat them TWICE by a score of 56-22.

and the Saints play in a tougher division and conference than the Broncos.

If the Saints play in the AFC WEST , Brees and the Saints will have the exact numbers has Manning!

answer me this, what TOP 5 DEFENSE have the Broncos play this season? NAME 1.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
He would fit right in with the Seattle fans out here... Gotta give him credit for that. I can't say that I've seen a better trash talker since the last time I attended a Seahawks game.

the ones that are making it personal here are a few that don't like my opinions. I haven't got personal with anybody or insulted anybody here......How am I trash talking?

if you don't like my opinions then don't read.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:55 PM

14,706 posts, read 22,598,377 times
Quote:
Have the Broncos play a top 5 defense this year?..........No, Chiefs were fools gold. They benefit from a weak schedule and weak division.
The AFC West was the 2nd toughest division in the nfl this year. I know for a fact that the Denver Broncos are the highest ranked team in the NFL right now, so the AFC West has to play them twice. The KC Chiefs and the San Diego Chargers could play with anybody, except for the Broncos, as they went 4-1 against them. The Raiders suck, but are right about at the caliber of the Saint Louis Goats.

The AFC West is far superior to the NFC South or any other NFC division not called the NFC West. Next Year, the NFC West gets to play the AFC West, so between that and the SuperBowl, we'll see. The NFC South has some good defensive stats this year, but that's because they played a bunch of goats that slanted the stats. We can argue this stat bs all day.

Someone said something about how the Broncos and the Hawks don't know each other. They played in game two of the preseason. It's one of those games that real teams like the Broncos don't take too serious. The first string played for a series and held their own against the Hawks. Then the Seattle Sea Hawks, the kind of team that treats game two of the preseason like a superbowl, busted out for a 40-10 win against the Broncos scrubs. Yeah, I remember Coach Caroll patting himself on the back after that epic win.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The AFC West was the 2nd toughest division in the nfl this year. I know for a fact that the Denver Broncos are the highest ranked team in the NFL right now, so the AFC West has to play them twice. The KC Chiefs and the San Diego Chargers could play with anybody, except for the Broncos, as they went 4-1 against them. The Raiders suck, but are right about at the caliber of the Saint Louis Goats.

The AFC West is far superior to the NFC South or any other NFC division not called the NFC West. Next Year, the NFC West gets to play the AFC West, so between that and the SuperBowl, we'll see. The NFC South has some good defensive stats this year, but that's because they played a bunch of goats that slanted the stats. We can argue this stat bs all day.

Someone said something about how the Broncos and the Hawks don't know each other. They played in game two of the preseason. It's one of those games that real teams like the Broncos don't take too serious. The first string played for a series and held their own against the Hawks. Then the Seattle Sea Hawks, the kind of team that treats game two of the preseason like a superbowl, busted out for a 40-10 win against the Broncos scrubs. Yeah, I remember Coach Caroll patting himself on the back after that epic win.

Lets look at the AFC WEST competition in DEFENSE.

Broncos play twice:

Raiders: 22nd ranked defense.....28th pass defense
Chiefs: 24th ranked defense.......25th pass defense
Chargers: 23th ranked defense......29th pass defense

You tell me that the Broncos with their weapons aren't not going to score a lot points against the bottom of the defenses in the league?.........if Brees and the SAINTS play in the division Brees would have similar numbers as Manning.

the NFC SOUTH have 2 teams with top 5 defenses: Saints and Panthers.

Saints played a tougher schedule than the Broncos by far......Saints play TWICE the Seahawks, Twice the Panthers and the 49ers.....ALL TOP 5 best defenses in the NFL.

Name me 1 top 5 defense in the NFL the Broncos play this year and beat : NAME 1.......I already mention that the Seahawks played TWICE the top 2 best offense in the NFL and beat them twice by a score of 55-22.

your turn......

Old 01-20-2014, 03:23 PM

52,575 posts, read 42,260,527 times
Wierd hearing people talk about the Broncos not being that good after they've essentially dominated the AFC enroute to the superbowl.

I thing it's a coin flip as to which team will win. Big plays and momentum will decide the day.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:38 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,048,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Eh....Seattle shut out the Saints and Brees, who were in the top five all season in offense, for three quarters just last week in case you missed it.
The Denver O is better than New Orleans. Stats, which don't tell the whole story, will tell you that.

Don't get all pricky.

Quote:
not true.....Saints are ranked #2 in the NFL in the passing attack behind the Broncos and the Seahawks beat them TWICE by a score of 56-22.
#1 offense > #2 offense.

The Denver offense was much better than the Saints even in the regular season, but you will deny this anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or