U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 PM

20 posts, read 23,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieJensen View Post
Manning didn't bring his A game - it was pretty pathetic. I quit watching after the halftime show. Why didn't they put in their other QB? Couldn't have done any worse. Manning needs to retire.
My favorite type of Broncos fan. The kind that makes their QB a god one second then crucifies him the next.
Anyone that's ever watched a football game before could realize that Peyton in no way bears any responsibility for that loss. You should be kissing his feet for the fact that what would have otherwise been an average team even made it to the Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Then WHY are you HERE on this forum?

Go take your whining to NFL forum, Einstein. The only reason this thread has a life on this forum is because it's a major current event in which Denver participated in and it directly effects this city.

Let me help since you're lost:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-football/

Denver BRONCOS -- Official Thread

or pick from the 10 other these on the subject below these.
I'm not lost, I'm right where I want to be. This is where the Broncos fans are, and most of the ones on here are my target audience. The people that went around acting like their team was the greatest thing that had ever happened to football, and that have for 2 years straight acted like they've won the Super Bowl before they even made it to the big game. At least this year they made it, but still have just as much to show for it as the past 10 years. So I am right where I want to be, but I appreciate your advice although not so much your misguided sarcasm.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
It's amazing how many people who know so little about a sport feel they know enough to make comments like this one. We are embarrassed on your behalf since you haven't a clue.
We're fighting the same fight here, no need for friendly fire.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:57 PM

2,907 posts, read 4,926,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith0387 View Post
I'm not lost, I'm right where I want to be. This is where the Broncos fans are, and most of the ones on here are my target audience. The people that went around acting like their team was the greatest thing that had ever happened to football, and that have for 2 years straight acted like they've won the Super Bowl before they even made it to the big game. At least this year they made it, but still have just as much to show for it as the past 10 years. So I am right where I want to be, but I appreciate your advice although not so much your misguided sarcasm.
You and your 'tiredness' will be put there whether you like it or not.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:21 PM

546 posts, read 662,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Broncos fans, anyone from Indy could have told you how this was going to end... Choke! Peyton Manning is a great player but he has a tendency to choke in the big games.
It is a team game. It always helps to have the best defense backing you. Did Dan Marino choke when he faced the superior San Francisco 49'ers?

From a pure skills perspective Dan Marino was the better quarterback over Joe Montana. But Montana always had the better talent around him (including a very tough defensive squad).

The history of the superbowl has seen tons of cases where the better quarterback gets beaten by the better team (which often times means the better defense).

Old 02-03-2014, 02:48 PM

18,570 posts, read 9,599,486 times
I really felt bad for Peyton but the fact is, the Broncos ran into a buzz saw. It was a nightmare scenario already with the matchups favoring the Hawk pass rush and defensive backfield but then the Broncos kept making mistakes and the Hawks played a perfect game. Finally having Harvin just made the score worse.

Best of luck next year!

Old 02-03-2014, 04:17 PM

325 posts, read 426,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That is funny. There is no way the 2nd string QB plays unless Manning got hurt.
Far as I'm concerned he was injured and the PTB should have known it.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith0387 View Post
My favorite type of Broncos fan. The kind that makes their QB a god one second then crucifies him the next.
Anyone that's ever watched a football game before could realize that Peyton in no way bears any responsibility for that loss. You should be kissing his feet for the fact that what would have otherwise been an average team even made it to the Super Bowl.
Never been a Broncos fan - Chicago Bears and NO Saints fan forever. The QB is the field general and is responsible for what happens to the team.

When was the last time you saw a player being fined or fired for failing to do his job? They fire coaches all the time - for failing to motivate the players.

IMHO the KC Chiefs were a better team - more consistent

Old 02-03-2014, 04:26 PM

So tired of hearing about all the head injuries - might start watching Rugby 7's.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:40 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,549,496 times
Default Big loss, but such is life; onward

OK, so the Broncos got obliterated in the SB by a superior team. At least they were only one of two teams who made it that far. Much to do in the off-season, come back better, smarter, more experienced, and better prepared next year. Tomorrow comes no matter what.

Peyton didn't have his best game, but he had yet another incredible season. In my book, he's still one of the greatest QBs, and a fine person. Looking forward to seeing him next year. I appreciate every year that he can play, since he's at the tail end of his great career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football