U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:37 AM

12,277 posts, read 8,081,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
I really hope this is the end of talk concerning Peyton Manning being the greatest QB of all time. As far as I'm concerned, he's not even in the discussion anymore. Beyond the 1-2 Super Bowl record, the guy maintains just an 11-12 overall post season tally. That's not quite abysmal, but given his overall talent, it ranks him amongst some of the greatest duds in NFL history. The media spent the better part of the last two weeks drooling all over this guy, and it's totally undeserved. His legacy isn't just tarnished after this drubbing -- it's destroyed.

There is one great QB in the past fifteen years -- Tom Brady. You can hate the Patriots or not like him personally, but his overall stats are nearly as shiny as Manning's, and he plays his guts out in the post season. Yes, he has two Super Bowl losses, but they were both by razor-thin margins. A few dropped passes difference and he'd be 5-0 and there'd be no argument that he was the greatest of all time. But Manning? Manning hardly qualifies to wash Brady's jock strap.

*Edit* And what a terrible game -- poorly coached, horribly executed, and just plain ugly. I cannot recall a more awful Super Bowl in the last ten years. At least if it had snowed, we'd have something to talk about, but mother nature couldn't even cook up a timely nor'easter. Wretched.
I am not even a Bronco and I find this to be hilarious. One of the greatest duds in NFL history? That right there says enough about your post. Time to crawl out of your myopic world and realize there are sports teams outside of New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 08:00 AM

2,907 posts, read 4,921,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am not even a Bronco and I find this to be hilarious. One of the greatest duds in NFL history? That right there says enough about your post. Time to crawl out of your myopic world and realize there are sports teams outside of New England.
Yeah. Ignore her. She's coming in to stir the pot -- she's a Pats fan currently living in Seattle. And apparently she never took a statistics class and doesn't get out much considering every football analyst on the planet disagrees with her.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:33 AM

5,444 posts, read 4,844,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I hope your Pats do well next season...
I agreed with everything you said, except for this. I never want the pats to do well. The team is just as arrogant as most of their fans. They deserve to lose every game they play. I would love to see Brady lose in a father son game at a park.

As for this Superbowl? I thought Seattle played one hell of a game and truly deserved to win. It is nice to see a team come together and win a championship for the city of Seattle. Cheers to the Seattle fans, but watch out next year!!

Old 02-03-2014, 09:13 AM

86,984 posts, read 102,540,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Anyone else a little bit scared for this? I mean, It makes me depressed just thinking about losing. This city has been hyping this up like it's everything. It would be a shame to lose
Wow! Where'd you get your crystal ball? I want one just like it! (I said the same thing, just not on CD.)

Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 AM

2,483 posts, read 3,533,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkonami View Post
We're Broncos fans...easily disappointed, but always eager for that next game. We'll try again next year!
The bad thing about a Super Bowl Championship is that it's only valid for a year. The good thing about a super bowl loss is that it's only effective until the beginning of the next season.

The Broncos had an epic season in 2013-14. No one can dispute that. They were the best team of the regular season and for all but the last game of the post season... (which, of course, is the only one that really matters). I'm just saying they were an undeniably great team regardless of how badly they choked on Feb 2. They will have most of those pieces (hopefully minus Fox) back next year. The Seahawks will not. Seattle should enjoy this moment, which this year's team truly deserved... Next year will be a different story.

Last edited by otterprods; 02-03-2014 at 10:48 AM..

Old 02-03-2014, 09:49 AM

2,409 posts, read 2,638,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
They will have most of those pieces (hopefully minus Fox) back next year. The Seahawks will not.
Why will the Seahawks not?

Old 02-03-2014, 10:03 AM

20 posts, read 23,709 times
The Bronco's just missed their golden opportunity to win a Super Bowl. They're going to lose a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball, and the Chiefs and several other AFC teams will only be getting better next season. Tough loss but Broncos fans really set themselves up for this one by not acknowledging team weaknesses and putting all of their faith in one man. This loss is not Peyton's fault, it's the lack of the team around him being able to rise to an occasion.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:07 AM

20 posts, read 23,709 times
Burghatory, the typical butthurt Broncos "fan" that thought since ESPN was acting like the Broncos had already won, he thought it was a fact. How about taking a step back and appreciate a team playing real football and showing that what works in Madden might not work so well in real life.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:17 AM

1,686 posts, read 2,055,914 times
I'm a Bronco fan so it pains me to say this. Lopsided score aside, the Seahawks were the better team.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:45 AM

2,483 posts, read 3,533,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Why will the Seahawks not?
Budget. It's just speculation of course but it will be hard for them to even keep a really 'low' paid star like Russell Wilson around, much less an entire defense of now-sought-after players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football