Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 PM

23,321 posts, read 23,716,980 times

Advertisements

Most boring Superbowl game I have seen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 09:17 PM

437 posts, read 625,881 times
I feel so sorry for you Mezter

Old 02-02-2014, 09:24 PM

536 posts, read 826,263 times
Not really surprising. It seems like most Super Bowls are just blowouts. I am reminded of one of my favorite Super Bowls when Montana vs. Elway - 55 - 10 49ers.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:57 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,644,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dispo4 View Post
I feel so sorry for you Mezter
No worries! We'll get it next time!

Old 02-02-2014, 09:57 PM

164 posts, read 594,240 times
I am not a Bronco fan, but I do think they will be in the Super Bowl hunt for next year (2015). Along with last year's loss, they are improving to finally get to AND win the SB. Congrats to them for getting there this year.

But when the local TV stations and newspaper starts talking like the team has already won the Super Bowl in October, a dose of humility and reality is in order. Having those Broncos banners on the Colorado Supreme Court may have been the tipping point.

Manning is a football master, and hopefully he doesn't retire. Watching him play is to see a legend in action. Fox & Co. are lucky to ride his coat-tails.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:03 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,376,332 times
What a disappointing game but i still love the broncos and come next season I will be at every home game as I have season tickets.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:48 PM

719 posts, read 982,339 times
I really hope this is the end of talk concerning Peyton Manning being the greatest QB of all time. As far as I'm concerned, he's not even in the discussion anymore. Beyond the 1-2 Super Bowl record, the guy maintains just an 11-12 overall post season tally. That's not quite abysmal, but given his overall talent, it ranks him amongst some of the greatest duds in NFL history. The media spent the better part of the last two weeks drooling all over this guy, and it's totally undeserved. His legacy isn't just tarnished after this drubbing -- it's destroyed.

There is one great QB in the past fifteen years -- Tom Brady. You can hate the Patriots or not like him personally, but his overall stats are nearly as shiny as Manning's, and he plays his guts out in the post season. Yes, he has two Super Bowl losses, but they were both by razor-thin margins. A few dropped passes difference and he'd be 5-0 and there'd be no argument that he was the greatest of all time. But Manning? Manning hardly qualifies to wash Brady's jock strap.

*Edit* And what a terrible game -- poorly coached, horribly executed, and just plain ugly. I cannot recall a more awful Super Bowl in the last ten years. At least if it had snowed, we'd have something to talk about, but mother nature couldn't even cook up a timely nor'easter. Wretched.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:55 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,538,406 times
Wow. That's quite the Manning bashing post. You're obviously a Patriots fan, and you sound bitter that the Pats didn't win the AFC. That's called "on any given Sunday". Sometimes everything falls into place and a team you might not expect to win, does. If you'll recall, the Ravens ran all over both the Pats and the Broncos last year on their way to win the Super Bowl. I'll bet you didn't bash Manning then.

Manning is as much a legend and football master as Brady, if not more so. He didn't win MVP this year for the 5th time for nothing. He earned it with his record breaking season. As I recall he broke the record Brady had, that was Mannings before that. Manning is just the better QB. Period. But, I'm sure you'll come back with all kinds of stats to refute me.

Denver's offense is rated #1 in the NFL. Seattle's defense is rated #1 in the NFL. Seattle did what it had to do, and that was keep Manning off the field as much as possible, and when he was on the field, their #1 defense went to work. I suspect if the Pats had been in the Super Bowl, Seattle would have demolished them, too. Seattle was on its game, was determined, and put their full attention on winning. I doubt any AFC team could have stopped them. So for their exceptional play, determinism, and teamwork, I commend them for winning the Super Bowl. I suspect Manning is wondering what happened, and will want to try again to make the Super Bowl next year. When you get trounced as hard as the Broncos did, you want to come back and prove you can play well enough to earn a Super Bowl title. I'm sure there will be a bit of restructuring over the off-season through trades, the draft and free agency. The same will happen to the Pats, as well.

I hope your Pats do well next season, but I also hope we can do better and win the AFC again for another shot at the Super Bowl. In the meantime, it really isn't necessary to come on the Denver thread and trash the Quarterback and the team because you thought it should have been your team in the Super Bowl and not ours.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,831,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Damn, thats disappointing. The Broncos sure have a hard time winning Superbowls. It's reminiscent of the 1970s and 80's.
Reminded me of New Orleans and Craig Morton. Real heart breakers. Why did the Broncos look so bad? Seemed like the fight was all washed out of them !! Even the coach looked like he was lost. Did they leave their game in Denver??? What a horrible loss; wish they could have at least made an effort. Someone said that the Broncos lost to Seattle in a pre-season game, 40-10/seems like a repeat.

Maybe, they had their last huge meal BEFORE the game. The Broncos and Manning played like champs all year. Last night they looked like chumps. What happened????

Old 02-03-2014, 07:12 AM

18 posts, read 21,694 times
The Broncos did play great all season long this year but like every other great team had an "off" game when they play lousy.It's too bad that happened to be the Superbowl game and the Seachickens were ready to win. Hold your heads high Denver you're still a better city with much nicer people in my opinion! There's always next year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football