U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:51 AM

351 posts, read 326,747 times

Advertisements

it wont make any difference to me....I will be watching at home with my high definition big a$$ tv and I will be warm....I have the best seat in the house!!!! and I don't have to wait a long line for beer or food or fight traffic. LOL

Old 01-22-2014, 08:53 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,737,893 times
To those who keep saying............" football is an outside game "......why are franchises allowed to build domes ?

Old 01-22-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Why keep score ? That way, nobody looses, everybody feels good and everybody's equal. Football is meant to be played in the elements, don't try to turn it into a sissy sport like soccer.

Why does the NFL commissioner allow domes ?

Old 01-22-2014, 08:55 AM

20,419 posts, read 37,688,691 times
Because some fans need to be coddled. If they are not climate controlled, they won't go.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:29 AM

9,421 posts, read 17,411,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
At the ticket prices I am seeing... I don't see many families being able to afford a Super Bowl vacation!

A thousand and more for EACH ticket... The kids (and spouse!) really better be into the game at those prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I find it hard to muster up a lot of sympathy for anyone that can afford to go to a Super Bowl and would beeotch about the weather conditions

82,000+ people will have seats, and you can bet that many of those are families. When I went it was a family event for us -- my wife, me and our two adolescent children. We were all Bronco fans and attended all their home games, traveling 700+ miles round-trip to do so. So yes, Pitt Chick, we were into the game. We paid $10K for the 4 seats not including travel and lodging. It was an experience of a lifetime. Was it worth it? I think for us it was. We always took a week each winter to get away from Wyoming's cold weather, normally traveling to California or Florida, so the only additional cost was the seats. I had plenty of money at the time, so buying the tickets didn't create a hardship. It did help create some great family memories.

Ghengis, you find it hard to sympathize with anyone who can afford something you can't or what? Anyway, it's not a matter of "beeotching", it's just a matter of enjoying a break from winter's grip or not. I imagine if you live with a palm tree in your back yard, you might enjoy experiencing some winter for a few days, but many in the north like a break from winter. I don't mind cold weather. I've been skiing and tent camping when it was -20F, but some 70F weather is a welcome break in late January. If you live in the northern climates, you wouldn't normally plan your big winter vacation to New Jersey.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:54 AM

When the SB was in Minneapolis, many complained that the actual game was nearly impossible for the season fans to attend.

The answer given was that was false. There was every opportunity for the season fans in the activities days before the actual game.

Yeah, season fans bragging their family did attend the SB, when in reality their kids got to throw a football thru a swinging tire 3 days before the game was held.

Attending a SB isn't horseshoes....................you either attended the game or you didn't.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,065,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
82,000+ people will have seats, and you can bet that many of those are families. When I went it was a family event for us -- my wife, me and our two adolescent children. We were all Bronco fans and attended all their home games, traveling 700+ miles round-trip to do so. So yes, Pitt Chick, we were into the game. We paid $10K for the 4 seats not including travel and lodging. It was an experience of a lifetime. Was it worth it? I think for us it was. We always took a week each winter to get away from Wyoming's cold weather, normally traveling to California or Florida, so the only additional cost was the seats. I had plenty of money at the time, so buying the tickets didn't create a hardship. It did help create some great family memories.

Ghengis, you find it hard to sympathize with anyone who can afford something you can't or what? Anyway, it's not a matter of "beeotching", it's just a matter of enjoying a break from winter's grip or not. I imagine if you live with a palm tree in your back yard, you might enjoy experiencing some winter for a few days, but many in the north like a break from winter. I don't mind cold weather. I've been skiing and tent camping when it was -20F, but some 70F weather is a welcome break in late January. If you live in the northern climates, you wouldn't normally plan your big winter vacation to New Jersey.
People go on vacation to cold weather climates all the time. The superbowl isn't meant for a break from cold weather climate, that is just incidental to where the superbowl has been held so far.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:28 AM

10,470 posts, read 5,939,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
People go on vacation to cold weather climates all the time. The superbowl isn't meant for a break from cold weather climate, that is just incidental to where the superbowl has been held so far.
Unless the SB is being held at a ski resort I don't agree with your logic. There is a reason flights to the Caribbean and Florida cost move in Feb, it's called supply and demand.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,065,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Unless the SB is being held at a ski resort I don't agree with your logic. There is a reason flights to the Caribbean and Florida cost move in Feb, it's called supply and demand.
That doesn't have anything to do with this topic. The superbowl is a football game, not a vacationing event. If people want to go on warm weather vacations they can go ahead and do that. If they want to go to the superbowl they can go ahead and do that too...By this logic there should no football games in cold weather period.

Last edited by jdm2008; 01-22-2014 at 10:55 AM..

Old 01-22-2014, 09:52 PM

9,421 posts, read 17,411,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
... The superbowl is a football game, not a vacationing event. If people want to go on warm weather vacations they can go ahead and do that. If they want to go to the superbowl they can go ahead and do that too...By this logic there should no football games in cold weather period.
It's a football game AND a vacation event.

Regular season games are primarily attended by fans of the home team. Playoff games are the same thing -- season ticket holders for the home team get first chance at the seats. The Superbowl is not a home team event. Nearly all the seats will go to people traveling hundreds or thousands of miles to see the game. A small percentage of Broncos and Seahawks season ticket holders will be offered Superbowl tickets and make the trip; the rest of the tickets are sold off in a national "lottery", etc. Few will go to local fans of the hosting franchise. That makes it a vacation event for most attendees. Obviously it's a football game, but it's much more.

From one who has attended many preseason and regular season games, a handful of playoff games and one Superbowl game, the Superbowl game itself was not that great to attend. It was fun being there, a great experience, but kind of lame. I felt like most in attendance were not great fans, certainly not of the teams playing. They were there for a big "event". Cheering was dismal. The best games to attend are your home team playoff games, especially conference championships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football