U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2014, 08:39 PM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,056,779 times
Reputation: 2352

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Even though I'm rooting for Peyton and the Broncos, and I know bad weather would hurt their chances....part of me wants a friggin' blizzard next Sunday night, to make Roger Goodell look like a complete idiot.

I'm talkin' 70,000 people who paid thousands of dollars for the "superbowl experience," sitting in 15 degrees with snow coming in sideways. Football fans across the country would shake their heads and laugh at Roger.

How the hech could you allow weather to possibly play a role in the biggest stage in American sports? Moronic.
Football is played outdoors in cold weather all year, in a large amount of cities. How can that be allowed to play in the biggest stage in American sports? That's football. If the AFC or NFL championship game can be played in 15 degree weather or snow or whatever it ends up being then that's the way it is!

 
Old 01-27-2014, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Born & Raised DC > Carolinas > Seattle > Denver
9,349 posts, read 5,565,696 times
Reputation: 9446
I hear you, but that was way back in the day.

Personally, when I have the the two best teams playing, I want a neutral site (which we have), but I'd also like there to be no "x-factors," like weather. Denver, a throw first team, would be hurt a ton by heavy winds and/or snow. Seattle, a run first team, benefits greatly.

I understand both superbowl teams play all their home games outdoors, but just for this one game, the superbowl, I'd like to have guaranteed good weather in a dome. Or at least a warm weather city like it usually is if its outdoors.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,319 posts, read 21,886,413 times
Reputation: 33476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I find it hard to muster up a lot of sympathy for anyone that can afford to go to a Super Bowl and would beeotch about the weather conditions
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You take issue with people who work hard and prefer warmer climates?
not at all, you take issue with being unable to format a completely out-of-context response?
 
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 AM
 
513 posts, read 574,089 times
Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I hear you, but that was way back in the day.

Personally, when I have the the two best teams playing, I want a neutral site (which we have), but I'd also like there to be no "x-factors," like weather. Denver, a throw first team, would be hurt a ton by heavy winds and/or snow. Seattle, a run first team, benefits greatly.

I understand both superbowl teams play all their home games outdoors, but just for this one game, the superbowl, I'd like to have guaranteed good weather in a dome. Or at least a warm weather city like it usually is if its outdoors.
Well you could argue perfect weather benefits Denver then. I cannot believe how many people are crying over this. I think it is awesome and I hope for a blizzard right at kickoff, although that looks very unlikely. The forecast is for a high of 38 and overnight low of 28. Hardly frigid weather
 
Old 01-27-2014, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Reputation: 12484
You're right, quite a few stadiums have that kind of weather and at some point in time, all teams get to play outside. I just don't get the complaining about this one.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
5,147 posts, read 6,339,171 times
Reputation: 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Even though I'm rooting for Peyton and the Broncos, and I know bad weather would hurt their chances....part of me wants a friggin' blizzard next Sunday night, to make Roger Goodell look like a complete idiot.

I'm talkin' 70,000 people who paid thousands of dollars for the "superbowl experience," sitting in 15 degrees with snow coming in sideways. Football fans across the country would shake their heads and laugh at Roger.

How the hech could you allow weather to possibly play a role in the biggest stage in American sports? Moronic.
Goodell as a laughingstock. Yeh, I'm liking that.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 08:41 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,434,966 times
Reputation: 12833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you take issue with being unable to format a completely out-of-context response?
No. That should have been evident on my keeping quiet about your inability to do so. I can point it out in the future if it helps you learn.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,434,966 times
Reputation: 12833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I find it hard to muster up a lot of sympathy for anyone that can afford to go to a Super Bowl and would beeotch about the weather conditions
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You take issue with people who work hard and prefer warmer climates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
not at all
Sure could have fooled me with your "beeotching" about hard-working individuals who like warm climates.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 PM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,056,779 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Sure could have fooled me with your "beeotching" about hard-working individuals who like warm climates.
Last time I checked, going to a Superbowl was a voluntary act, and everyone is informed of the location beforehand. So there is no reason to feel sorry who decides the best use of their time and money is to attend a Superbowl on a Sunday night in February in New Jersey.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 09:05 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,434,966 times
Reputation: 12833
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Last time I checked, going to a Superbowl was a voluntary act, and everyone is informed of the location beforehand. So there is no reason to feel sorry who decides the best use of their time and money is to attend a Superbowl on a Sunday night in February in New Jersey.
I can understand that point of view if they were just complaining about it being cold or normal NJ weather in February (30 degrees and clear). But I don't understand how you wouldn't sympathize one but if there was a blizzard... Being caught in a blizzard in NJ is unusual... and I would sympathize any visitor that has to deal with that. But that's the difference between you and I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top