Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times

Advertisements

Fair enough.

I wouldn't put telling a player who has consistently ran their mouth about how you are not good that he isn't good enough to catch a game winner to go to the SB over you on the same page as sucker punching people in a bar ........ but to each their own

Would you consider Tom Brady chasing officials off the field dropping F bombs on them to be d-bag behavior?

Old 01-24-2014, 01:31 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Fair enough.

I wouldn't put telling a player who has consistently ran their mouth about how you are not good that he isn't good enough to catch a game winner to go to the SB over you on the same page as sucker punching people in a bar ........ but to each their own

Would you consider Tom Brady chasing officials off the field dropping F bombs on them to be d-bag behavior?
Brady,
definately.. then he puts on the pretty face for the camera but we all know different.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The more I think about Sherman, the more I like him.
Of course you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Crabtree, the Diva, tried to challenge Sherman, treat him with disrespect, treat him as an inferior. Crabtree is 6'1, runs the 40 in 4.54 secs, and makes $2.74M. Sherman is taller at 6'3, ran the 40 in the same time, and makes $465,000. Something is not right here. These figures should be reversed. Sherman plays like a man who's hungry and fighting for respect. He shut down Crab and he's the better player.
Huh? So Crabtree is an inferior player because...he is shorter, they ran the 40 in equal time as Sherman, and makes more money than him? You do know those stats don't actually determine who's better, right? It's the fact Crabtree was drafted first round that makes him paid more.

I agree that Sherman is better and Crabtree is a jerk, but the point still stands that these stats don't make sense, and you are clearly in love with Sherman and can't be objective about him.

I don't find what Sherman did a big deal when you consider just how many jerks are in the NFL. I dislike Sherman but he isn't worse than everyone else. Yeah, he got heated and said stupid things. So do a lot of other players. I dislike Crabtree too, and I actually do agree with Lexus that he is a diva, and I am sure he was not innocent in this situation.

But Sherman really needs to cool it. It seems like he wants people to like him but could he just be humble for once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Yup, this is another example of a jerk move. I don't think Brady is a jerk necessarily but he is not a golden boy angel like the sports media hype him up to be.

Last edited by savoytruffle; 01-24-2014 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: details

Old 01-24-2014, 06:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
But Sherman went off to a reporter to a national audience. If he has an issue with Crabtree that is between them. A man with class can control his emotions after the game and win with class. Sherman is a baby.

Also, as I said before, just because you are good is NO excuse for being a sh&*t head. To look at examples from baseball and basketball. Ty Cobb was great, but he was still a jerk. Michael Jordan and Dr. J. were great but they were class acts.
The media shoves a mic up in a players face not even one minute after making the play of his life and people want the guy to hush it down like he is in church? Good grief.

Sherman graduated #2 in his class from a high school in one of the most dangerous cities in the US in Compton. He graduated from one of the most rigourous universities in the US and is getting a Masters. He is one of the best at what he does. I think people have been waiting to jump on him for showing a little passion and this was a perfect opportunity. I also do not think he would be catching anywhere near the crap he has caught if he were a clean cut white guy instead of a black guy with dreads. Yes CD, I called a spade a spade.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
The real shocking news is hearing he got fined

Richard Sherman of Seattle Seahawks fined $7,875 for taunting during NFC championship game - ESPN

Old 01-24-2014, 08:06 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
Each player on the winning SB team makes about $150K above their regular pay check earned during the regular season. Each player on the team losing the SB makes about $125K about their regular season pay check..
That means the $7800 fine will be paid with change found between the seats in his car...

Old 01-25-2014, 09:50 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The media shoves a mic up in a players face not even one minute after making the play of his life and people want the guy to hush it down like he is in church? Good grief.

He went on the same rant at the presser.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:02 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Actually, they did.. you use a finer line than I do.
I simply group all d-bags like this into the same group. You filter them out into a finer listing of groups but I just don't have to the time to delve that deep. i guess!
Hey you can do whatever you like, it's your choice. But of your course, your conclusions will be errenous and ridiculous. The next thing you will be comparing Richard Sherman to Aaron Hernandez and it's not fair that Sherman doesn't get as much flak because you don't differentiate between bad people.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:32 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
Honestly, Most Obnoxious Player is the most competitive category in the league. I think it is presumptuous to award it to Richard Sherman. How can anyone win on a single comment after a game? Maybe he should be in the conversation, but really, let's not award him the crown on an impulse. Maybe the players, who see all the things that they do should choose it on a secret ballot.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:54 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Richard Sherman could stand to make about $5 million in endorsements all because of his 15-second rant moments after helping the Seattle Seahawks get to the Super Bowl.

Sherman's agent, Jamie Fritz, told CNNMoney that interest in his clients has boomed since the remarks. While Sherman's current endorsements amount to just a bit more than his $550,000 NFL salary, Fritz believes there are millions in deals that will be signed soon, -- some before the Super Bowl is played Feb. 2.

"We have some new players who have come to the table who are starting the conversation," Fritz said.

The remarks caused an immediate sensation -- positive and negative -- in social media and on sports talk radio, among fans accustomed to bland comments from winning players.

Some advertisers fret about the controversy generated by the rant. But Fritz thinks the rant was more positive than negative for Sherman's image.

Richard Sherman's $5 million rant - Jan. 24, 2014

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football