Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 11:31 AM

546 posts, read 817,933 times

Advertisements

The post-game rant by Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman was just the lastest by this classless jerk.

I mean, the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

Sherman can't blame stupidity/ignorance for his actions. The guy has a degree from Stanford and has even done work on his Master's degree. I think he is just a classless, self-absorbed jerk who still has some growing up to do.

The guy is clearly a good player but Dr. J was a GREAT player and always had class. Just because you are talented is not an excuse to mouth off.

Richard Sherman — The 20 Most Annoying Players in the NFL Today | Complex

I was actually rooting for the Seahawks in that game (because I don't care for Jim Harbaugh, the 49'ers coach and former Stanford coach). I used to be a 49'ers fan but I HATE Harbaugh. What are they drinking in the water in Palo Alto?

No thanks. I'll root for Manning and the Broncos in the Superbowl. And I have NEVER been a Denver fan.

Last edited by ProjectMersh; 01-20-2014 at 11:58 AM..

Old 01-20-2014, 11:52 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Niner Fan here. This rivalry between S.F. and Seattle was hyped up by the media. It is recent. Very recent since Seattle has only been in the NFC since 2002. Now, Sherman, has made me a hater of Seahawks and their nest! HA! Their 12th man concept isn't even original and really, what has Seattle done in recent years or EVER that is original, except for grunge? I like grunge, flannel and geeky glasses but actually, we EVEN do that better than Seattle over here in little Portland. Go Broncos!

Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Sherman sounded just like one of those wrestlers on WWE. And yes, it was a bit over the top!

Old 01-20-2014, 01:09 PM

368 posts, read 396,138 times
I have no problem with Richard's antics as at least he backs up his talk on the field. Only a handful of corners in the league could have made the play he did in that game and everybody knows it. His rivalry with Michael Crabtree goes far beyond what we as fans see on the field. We don't even know what words were used last night or in previous meetings between the teams. Richard is typically NEVER as hot as he was last night, so I'm willing to bet Crabtree went a lot farther than most receivers that Richard is covering go. He couldn't care less one way or the other about public perception and I for one love his fiery personality and the 'chip on the shoulder' mentality that he carries with him to every game. His persona hasn't exactly changed much from last year, so I'm curious as to why everyone is making a big deal out of it now. Everyone who follows the sport on a week to week basis with SOME understanding of how bitter the rivalry is between San Francisco and Seattle went into yesterday expecting to see big, nasty, old school hits and trash talk. On that level, the game delivered the goods and then some. That's football, folks. Keep doing what you're doing, Rich. Contrary to what you see being said about you in the media, you still have your supporters.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
I have no problem with Richard's antics as at least he backs up his talk on the field. Only a handful of corners in the league could have made the play he did in that game and everybody knows it. His rivalry with Michael Crabtree goes far beyond what we as fans see on the field. We don't even know what words were used last night or in previous meetings between the teams. Richard is typically NEVER as hot as he was last night, so I'm willing to bet Crabtree went a lot farther than most receivers that Richard is covering go. He couldn't care less one way or the other about public perception and I for one love his fiery personality and the 'chip on the shoulder' mentality that he carries with him to every game. His persona hasn't exactly changed much from last year, so I'm curious as to why everyone is making a big deal out of it now. Everyone who follows the sport on a week to week basis with SOME understanding of how bitter the rivalry is between San Francisco and Seattle went into yesterday expecting to see big, nasty, old school hits and trash talk. On that level, the game delivered the goods and then some. That's football, folks. Keep doing what you're doing, Rich. Contrary to what you see being said about you in the media, you still have your supporters.
Yup! Sherman woke a sleeping giant with many of us, normal, calm, level headed Niner fans! We are not Raider fans. Sherman really got me more involved with this so-called "rivalry" between the Niners and the Seahawks. Seahawks have to actually win one SB to even be mentioned in the same breath as the 49ers organization, it's fans, it's legacy. Seattle fans keep putting the cart before the horse. You need to win FIRST. Once. I can thank Sherman for igniting my passions for my team though. I am sure Sherman will be with another team in a few years, acting a FOOL, while Seahawks fans are left paying for a stadium they couldn't afford with a fair weather fan base. Niner fans are for real. We didn't buy our first team jersey last week...lol.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
He's the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
I'll root for Manning and the Broncos in the Superbowl. And I have NEVER been a Denver fan.
That's nice, but you'd better stand in line at the Stub Hub counter and order you up some tickets to that bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
We didn't buy our first team jersey last week...lol.
This.

I come from an era where little five year old kids didn't afford a Manning jersey. I'd been to no less than four Post-Superbowl-Loss-wrist-slashing parties. We Bronco fans know all about humility, marinated in every form of humiliation known to man.

There's such a thing as Karma. That's why the "He backs it up" talk don't fly. He's a small part of a whole team. Is Sherman the spokesman for the entire PNW region? If so, Vancouver is looking might fine.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM

546 posts, read 817,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
I have no problem with Richard's antics as at least he backs up his talk on the field. Only a handful of corners in the league could have made the play he did in that game and everybody knows it. His rivalry with Michael Crabtree goes far beyond what we as fans see on the field.
But Sherman went off to a reporter to a national audience. If he has an issue with Crabtree that is between them. A man with class can control his emotions after the game and win with class. Sherman is a baby.

Also, as I said before, just because you are good is NO excuse for being a sh&*t head. To look at examples from baseball and basketball. Ty Cobb was great, but he was still a jerk. Michael Jordan and Dr. J. were great but they were class acts.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
He's the best.

That's nice, but you'd better stand in line at the Stub Hub counter and order you up some tickets to that bandwagon.

This.

I come from an era where little five year old kids didn't afford a Manning jersey. I'd been to no less than four Post-Superbowl-Loss-wrist-slashing parties. We Bronco fans know all about humility, marinated in every form of humiliation known to man.

There's such a thing as Karma. That's why the "He backs it up" talk don't fly. He's a small part of a whole team. Is Sherman the spokesman for the entire PNW region? If so, Vancouver is looking might fine.
I was referring to Seattle Sehawks fans... not Broncos fans. I don't think I mentioned the Broncos except I hope Manning and team beat the Seahawks. Maybe you are confused with what I said. Whatever. It's just football.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:09 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
This act is nothing new, Goggle his interview with Skip Bayless to see much worse. I went into the game rooting for Seattle because their fans have never experienced a SB win. This was tough for me because I don't like Carroll for the way he ran out on his problems at USC and I don't like Michael Bennet because I have a thing about people abandoning puppies. Seattle Seahawks Player Michael Bennett Sued for Abandoning Puppy But given all that I was still all set to root for the Hawks to win it all even knowing what a jerk Richard Sherman is. But all that changed after watching this latest incident.

Defend/excuse it all you want but the guy is a clown, a bad winner, and shows no respect for the game, the opponent, or the reporter attempting an interview. Trust me I'm no "act like you've been there" guy, sacks and TDs are hard to get, enjoy the moment. But this goes way past that.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:31 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The post-game rant by Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman was just the lastest by this classless jerk.

I mean, the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

Sherman can't blame stupidity/ignorance for his actions. The guy has a degree from Stanford and has even done work on his Master's degree. I think he is just a classless, self-absorbed jerk who still has some growing up to do.

The guy is clearly a good player but Dr. J was a GREAT player and always had class. Just because you are talented is not an excuse to mouth off.

Richard Sherman — The 20 Most Annoying Players in the NFL Today | Complex
This guy is a CLASSIC! First time I have seen a WINNER rant and rave. What would have happened if they lost?

Go Broncos!!! Been a fan forever and what a TEAM they are!!!! Manning is great; but he has a great team behind him; and what a leader Manning is...The super bowl should be a kicker!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football